eGo battery button flashing - Low or Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

euphos

Aug 25, 2010
WI
Noticed the last drag I took on my eGo that the battery button LED was flashing. Does that mean the battery is dead or just running low?

I've got a 50 minute drive home from work, so either it's going to be a LONG drive home (in construction none the less), or I stop and pick up a pack of anaolgs :nah:

Glad my second charger is on the way! I'll never leave the house without a spare battery or charger from now on! Was just in a rush this morning, and forgot.

radicaljd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, Texas
This happened to me today with my 510. Dead battery, caught at work for about 3 hours with no battery. Won't make that mistake again. Ordering a few items to help battery life out, i.e. a passthrough, usb charger, extra batteries. This way i can save the batteries for work or trips out of the house, while using the passthrough at home.

Wouldn't it be easier to get an eGo? Mine last all day at work on a single charge. I start out with a fresh battery early in the morning and have a spare charged up. Around 4:00 p.m. I switch out the battery to carry me through the rest of the day and evening. No need for pass-throughs, etc.

RadicalJD

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I had that happen with my Ego on my way somewhere one night and had to stop and pay $4.50 for a pack of analogs. Bummer. I had extra carts but no batteries with me. Even with the charge life of the Ego, you have to think about whether it's fresh charged when you leave the house. They last so long it's easy to take them for granted.

Last edited:

Ckitt

Aug 28, 2010
Cleveland, Tn
Wouldn't it be easier to get an eGo? Mine last all day at work on a single charge. I start out with a fresh battery early in the morning and have a spare charged up. Around 4:00 p.m. I switch out the battery to carry me through the rest of the day and evening. No need for pass-throughs, etc.

RadicalJD

I was thinking about it, but wasn't sure if the battery was longer then the original 510 or not. I could go for a good 6-8 hour battery, cause the puny 510 is only lasting me 4 hours at most. Pretty sure if I added the total up on the 2 xtra batteries, passthrough, and the charger that it would come up to close to the same total as an ego though.

euphos

Aug 25, 2010
WI
Save your batteries and get a Passthru for when you are driving

What's the passthru for the eGo? Is the Janty one the only choice? I suppose I could just get a 510 Passthru for the car ride too.

Did order one of the Mega (900mAh) eGo batteries & Mega Atty & Carts that I'll be using as my main PV from now on. Should be here after the holiday. I'll save the two standard eGo's from the kit for other uses. My wife suggested having a PV party with different flavors in the 3 I'll have now!

mutt4a

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2010
Texas
510 passthru w/ battery for the car. cool part is that its a fully charged battery on "standby" in the car all the time. So on the rare occasions the ego dies, i can just grab the passthru and at least use it. You can even use it walking around (on the battery power), and plug it back in at the office

for $15 bucks its the safety net that really nobody should leave home without.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread