AO Dagger

Status
Not open for further replies.

jPhilly215

Verified Member
Sep 4, 2016
Philadelphia
dafk.net
How many of you guys have one or are using it ? I have not seen a lot of reviews or talk about these great mods . Since I bought my Dagger it has been my go to mod along with the baby beast . Its a great size and not bad power with 80 watts . Its also built in US which I like incase I do have a problem .

jPhilly215

Verified Member
Sep 4, 2016
Philadelphia
dafk.net
Not alot of information on their site.
Looks okay.
Id need alot more info to even consider it.

check there instagram and facebook as well as some Youtube stuff . They have a chip now for making on box which looks awesome. I was worried at first because of lack of reviews and info . Im glad I took the plunge .

uses a single 18650 battery , battery door uses magnets but stays on box with a hinge . The box is all metal no plastic crap nice size and weight . You can change side plates which are magnets , I used stick ones and just got Vinyl design I liked to change it . 5-80 watt power . has temp controll for Ni , SS , TI and Ni .. Also has bypass mode and of course Power mode .

THe menu is easy to use and navigate . It acts just like a Evolv 200 . I would not be suprised if that is whats in it . Because I thik all there newest stuff has there own chip now .

Im not a big reveiwer or think Im good at it . But I do have a lot of mods past and present . I really like this thing and think others would as well. It does not matter if you do or dont ,, I dont dont get anything either way . But being a vaper Id hope others would let me know about a really good Mod thats well priced as well. I paid 70 for mine Ive seen prices 65-90 for them.

I currentlly has the following Mods . THese are ones that I are currenlty in use , Im leaving out old ones

Wismic rx200s with Cloud Beast | Target Pro w/ pro tank Ccell | Sigelei J150 w/ Uwell Crown |Limitless LMC Box w/ Limitless RDTA | Joyetech VTC mini w/ Horizen Ultima | Egrip 2 stock | COv Mini Stock | SMok Osub 40w Stock and of course AO Dagger w/ baby beast

Last edited:

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
I have about 110 mods. Both authentic and clones, mechanical and regulated.

Facebook isnt a place to do business.
Its a social media site. I do not "Facebook".
Placing proper information on their actual website ( rather than Facebook) would be a great business move.

Where is this mod made and assembled?
Business addy? Business phone.
Business lisc?
What chip? Evolv knockoff?
Im confused.

Im not bashing the mod or the company, just trying to get some facts without any hype.

Its a new mod from a new company, with a new chip.
We need specifics.

jPhilly215

Verified Member
Sep 4, 2016
Philadelphia
dafk.net
I have about 110 mods. Both authentic and clones, mechanical and regulated.

Facebook isnt a place to do business.
Its a social media site. I do not "Facebook".
Placing proper information on their actual website ( rather than Facebook) would be a great business move.

Where is this mod made and assembled?
Business addy? Business phone.
Business lisc?
What chip? Evolv knockoff?
Im confused.

Im not bashing the mod or the company, just trying to get some facts without any hype.

Its a new mod from a new company, with a new chip.
We need specifics.

they do , they also have reviews on Youtube there website . They are cali based They actually have there own chip now . They used to make mods for other brands and now doing there own thing . They are kinda new as well so also a reason it is unkkown. I like the fact is 100% US built , i dont like the Chinese crap

reviews : here is a couple there are more . I also used social media as another place as I assumed you would check youtube and such

jPhilly215

Verified Member
Sep 4, 2016
Philadelphia
dafk.net
months later and a bunch of mods later this is still my favorite single battery mod .

You can get it a lot cheaper if you look in right place now . Ive seen as cheap as $60 and its well worth it . I know its not the best looking or has all the bells and whistles . But this thing has taken a beating and still goes strong .

Vaporesso just recently sent me the Tarot Nano and Nebula to play with . The AO Dagger still tops them by miles . I work construction and Ive broken a few mods on sites so far the toughest mods are the dagger and the Egrip 2 ....

Ive also noticed there is a few mods that look like the dagger but are not . Biggest sign is battery door it has dagger written inside of it . Also noticed the clone that is closest to it has holes in battery door when the AO does not .

Im very impressed with the reekbox chip thats inside it Reekbox

Morgan214817

Oct 19, 2015
months later and a bunch of mods later this is still my favorite single battery mod .

You can get it a lot cheaper if you look in right place now . Ive seen as cheap as $60 and its well worth it . I know its not the best looking or has all the bells and whistles . But this thing has taken a beating and still goes strong .

Vaporesso just recently sent me the Tarot Nano and Nebula to play with . The AO Dagger still tops them by miles . I work construction and Ive broken a few mods on sites so far the toughest mods are the dagger and the Egrip 2 ....

Ive also noticed there is a few mods that look like the dagger but are not . Biggest sign is battery door it has dagger written inside of it . Also noticed the clone that is closest to it has holes in battery door when the AO does not .

Im very impressed with the reekbox chip thats inside it Reekbox
I just bought a Dagger, definitely digging it. There's no firmware updating for it is there? I saw on VO tech's website it clearly states if one is to plug the Dagger into the computer, NOT to press update, that it will ruin the mod and void warranty. So, can I customize to introduction reading, or anything updatable/customizable through a computer?

Morgan214817

Oct 19, 2015
Nice. I got the CKS door magnets for the Dagger and ordered the No 9 tank, the plan being to get the CKS logo on the splash screen.

Speaking of the CKS No. 9 tank, I just got it yesterday and have only vaped the .5 coil so far...Man it sucks, to be honest. I've been vaping on a Herakles Plus for over a year, primarily using the .4 Kanthal coil heads. Depending on the mod I'm using, and what not, anywhere from 60-90 watts is great. Awesome flavor. So this .2 Clapton that also came with the No 9 better be at least somewhat better than the .5, or I'm going to be terribly disappointed. Stupid ... gold plated bull.... tank was $70

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Some really great info here - thanks, all.

Is anyone using it that also has either something with an Evolv or newer Yihi chip? I'm just trying to find out of the vape quality, in power mode only, is at least in the general vicinity of those chips. I've got some great looking mods that have been moved out to backup status, but I REALLY like this one (aesthetically speaking) - so if the vape is close, I may jump on it.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!

Reactions: Katdarling

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Sooooooooooooo.....

Dagger Silver – Vo Tech

* Plugging Dagger via USB into a computer will prompt a message on the dagger asking you if you want to upgrade or charge, DO NOT choose to upgrade as this will render your dagger unusable and VOID the warranty.

Not that it matters, since I pulled the plug last night, but is anyone else just slightly concerned about this warning? Like, seriously?

I'm thinking that should be a BIG,BOLD letters and way out in front.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
From what I understand, you can customize the "splash screen" display. I watched a review that showed how to do it. I had seen that as well, but I don't think it makes it unusable, because the video reviewer had no issues..

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

Thanks, Morgan. It won't be an issue for me, because I never connect my mods to my PC, and couldn't give a rat's :censored: about firmware, upgrades, etc.; but I also thought it was "odd" (wrong) to have such a warning buried so deeply...

People should know about the issue though - that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread