Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well I searched and didn't find a thread about the iCare or iCare mini, so I figured I would start a thread for questions and answers about them. Mine is on the way from FT, but is on a slow boat. :(

If you already have one please give us your thoughts on how it works.

I have a few questions right off the bat. :)

1. How is the battery life? Does it last the whole tank?
2. How is the Flavor of the juice? Some devices work better than others for flavor.
3. How easy is it to clean and change flavors?
4. Have you found a good source for replacement coils?
5. Has anyone tried to rebuild/clean the coils?

Lets get the chat going. :D

iCare - Eleaf electronic cigarette

phonedude

DIY Enthusiast
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Kansas
Mine is on it's way also. It looks very pocketable. I am wondering about the airflow. It looks like it will deliver a nice airy vape when wide open.

Thanks for the link I hadn't seen that website.

smoking-smiley-face.gif

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I saw a review video and he used a syringe for cleaning and it worked well for him. Still just playing with mine. Two tanks in 2 wks. Makes my istick40 with naughty seem big and clunky. Wanna get a mini next and see how it works with the charger.

How's the TH, and vapor? In looking at the head, does it look like there is anyway of getting into it to rewick, or rebuild?
Can you turn the air flow down to get a fairly restricted draw? C'mon, spill the beans. :)

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
I also have 2 Icares on the way. Traded a Cuboid for them. Thanks for starting this thread @Burnie. I'm very excited to get my hands on these little gems. The video reviews I've seen are very eencouraging.
The 1.1 ohm coils should match my current vape range perfectly. The Icare just might be exactly what I've been searching for in a lightweight, shirt pocket friendly device. I've got my doomsday replaceable battery arsenal in place so the internal battery is of no concern for me. The coils are really hard to see in the pics available. Look like verticles and like they just might be rebuildable. I'll find out soon enuf.

Reactions: Burnie

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well looks like the mods moved the thread, sorry that I put it in the wrong place. :(
But that all aside, I hope we can get some input on these little guy's with the pros and cons to help others. :)
Saw the review on the "syringe for cleaning", just wondering if anyone else tried it and the results?

Wanna get a mini next and see how it works with the charger.
Was interested in the mini, but wanted to try the 650 mAh first, may get one later if I like this one.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I also have 2 Icares on the way. Traded a Cuboid for them. Thanks for starting this thread @Burnie. I'm very excited to get my hands on these little gems. The video reviews I've seen are very eencouraging.
The 1.1 ohm coils should match my current vape range perfectly. The Icare just might be exactly what I've been searching for in a lightweight, shirt pocket friendly device. I've got my doomsday replaceable battery arsenal in place so the internal battery is of no concern for me. The coils are really hard to see in the pics available. Look like verticles and like they just might be rebuildable. I'll find out soon enuf.
Even if small, they might be rebuildable. I have built stuff that is really small, but I will have to wait and see what they are. I will post pics if I am able to rebuild them. :D

jjcordone

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Rhode Island
Great to see a thread going thanks Burnie :)
I've been thinking about starting one, but too lazy.
I love these things. I've got two of the 650mah's that I won from our friends at Heaven Gifts and I bought one of the little 320mah's with it's PCC. I've been using the 650's as my daily go to work devices and the 320 sits on my desk at home. IMHO these are an excellent combination of new technology blended with the old ease of use of the cig-a-like's I started out with. Tiny to carry, easy to maintain and use and they put out vapor that the old cig-a-likes never could. My other gear has been gathering dust since getting into these :)

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I love these things. I've got two of the 650mah's that I won from our friends at Heaven Gifts and I bought one of the little 320mah's with it's PCC. I've been using the 650's as my daily go to work devices and the 320 sits on my desk at home. IMHO these are an excellent combination of new technology blended with the old ease of use of the cig-a-like's I started out with. Tiny to carry, easy to maintain and use and they put out vapor that the old cig-a-likes never could. My other gear has been gathering dust since getting into these :)
That's Great. :) Can you answer some of the questions I posted in the first post? :rolleyes:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Rebuild? Lol You guys are going to be shocked at how small these cartos are. I must add - don't try to pull the rubber thing off the top under the cap. Been told that it's the air actuator. Haven't gotten to use it often enough to review it well.
How much smaller is it than an EVOD coil? Would you be able to post a picture of both side by side? Sorry I don't have mine yet, so I don't know the sizes. :(

Reactions: Foggy Road

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.

This sounds encouraging. :)

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Also, does anyone know what battery they are using inside the iCare?

650mah suggests a 14500 or maybe a smallish 1S lipo.
Most likely a flat battery pack of some kind, no way to know without taking one apart. I only ordered 1, so I won't be taking mine apart when I get it. :lol:

plumeguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2014
These Here United States
Most likely a flat battery pack of some kind, no way to know without taking one apart. I only ordered 1, so I won't be taking mine apart when I get it. :lol:

I'm thinking of getting one just to take it apart. If the battery is replaceable (with some effort) the form factor makes it worth it for long-term stockpiling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread