A Challenge, an Offer, and Pay it Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

CB-in-Tokyo

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
Tokyo
Dear ECF Forum Members,

I personally feel that ecigs have already changed my life for the better. To me this technology is a miracle. I want to share that miracle, and I want to share it with people who might not otherwise be able to get started. So here is what I am going to propose. I want members here who have friends, family, buddies, neighbours, loved ones, respected enemies...whatever...people who should give vaping a try, to get these people on here, get them accounts, and I will pledge to send them an eGo starting kit and 30 ml of juice to get them started.

As I am not made of money I want to limit this to ten people. But there are strings attached.

1) The person must be a smoker who wants to try an alternative and be 18 years of age or older. The community here needs to support these people in their transition to vaping;

2) I'd like to see these people post about their experiences and maybe even get one of those vaping banners talking about money saved , time vaping, etc.;

3) These people agree, that by accepting their free eGo and 30ml Juice, that they will within 6 months, pay it forward to two more people if they make the transition. The new people are under the same understanding regarding these rules. Clearly stated the agreement is to purchase and ship 2 eGo (or whatever the recommended tech is at the time) starting kits and 30ml of starter juice to two more people who are new to vaping and come posting in the thread with a sponsor;

4) If they are unable to make the transition then they fork out for new carts, new Juice and some shipping, and send the equipment on to someone new. They don't need to equip two people, just pass the torch to someone who agrees to the above conditions and is new to vaping;

I will place the initial orders, but am in no way legally obligating myself. If customs seizes the shipment, I can't accept responsibility for that, but if the package is returned to me, or whomever I ordered it from, I will try it again.

I am not associated with any vendors, any companies, or anything like that...I just feel that eCigs change lives. They have changed mine. I'd love to see this blossom into an exponential cascade of people switching to ecigs. I believe strongly enough in this to drop a little coin into it and see what happens.

I ask the community to please try and find a friend who may be put off by the initial upfront costs so that we can reach to people who may benefit, but cannot justify putting out the upfront money. I am not doing this to upgrade an existing vaper, but to try and bring new people into the lifestyle, hell I haven't even got my eGo yet ;)

To try and reach new people, I extend this offer to the first ten new users (first post) that are sponsored by an existing user (by posting support for them in this thread.)

So if you have a friend on the fence, get them, bring them, sign them up here and let's get them started. I am sorry that I have to limit this to 10 people at this time.

Cheers,

CB

Last edited:

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
*DNC* (means Does Not Count - we use it on the PIF thread)

Wow, this is incredibly generous of you. You're going to fit right in. :)

Two suggestions though.

First, if a person is in, say, the United States, you can reduce the chances of their kit and juice being seized by ordering from a company in the US, to be shipped to them. The chances of seizure is lower if it doesn't have to cross international borders.

Second, for those on a very tight budget, perhaps also offer the possibility to try one of the cheaper models, like a standard 510, 901, or Kr8, so that it will be easier for them to pay it forward.

I may have someone who is interested, so I will get back to you. However, the second point I mentioned may be a big concern for him.

Thank you so much for doing this!

kellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2009
Binghamton, NY
What a great person you are. This is an incrediable gift. I wish I had the extra ffunds to do this also. I gave my friend at work my old 510. Then got him a ego battery cone and charger from the classifieds. I make his juice also. He is down to a few analogs a day. It's a greast feeling to help someone start their journey!!!!!

CB-in-Tokyo

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
Tokyo
Thanks for the replies and support MistressNomad and Kellie,

Mistress Nomad,

My thoughts were that is they are able to convert to vaping after before 6 months, that they would have saved enough...and be impressed enough to be able to pay it forward...I certainly don't want to discourage anyone, but also want to make sure that whoever new gets one is one a model that eliminates as much of the hassle as possible...which is why I thought the eGo.....and 6 months.

Ordering from the US is possible...could be a good Idea. I don't have a specific supplier in mind, but I tend to order from China as the prices there are better. Are customs seizures common these days?

Thanks for the input. I really want to get something rolling here.

Last edited:

librarising

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2010
New York
What an incredibly generous offer! In reading this thread, MistressNomad made a valid point about the type of set you are offering. The eGo is pricey and the other models she mentioned are more reasonable for someone to pay forward, but even 2 510 kits can cost someone $70 plus shipping.
I have a 510 now with some extra batteries/attys and intend to get myself a Riva, and I will be giving my son the 510.

Perhaps that's an idea for you to contemplate as many people who start with the 510 upgrade seem to the Riva or eGo. They can pay the 510's forward. Just a thought. :)

BTW....you are a wonderful human being.

Last edited:

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Thanks for the replies and support MistressNomad and Kellie,

Mistress Nomad,

My thoughts were that is they are able to convert to vaping after before 6 months, that they would have saved enough...and be impressed enough to be able to pay it forward...I certainly don't want to discourage anyone, but also want to make sure that whoever new gets one is one a model that eliminates as mush of the hassle as possible...which is why I thought the eGo.....and 6 months.

Ordering from the US is possible...could be a good Idea. I don't have a specific supplier in mind, but I tend to order from China as the prices there are better. Are customs siesures common these days?

Thanks for the input. I really want to get something rolling here.

Sounds good.

Seizures of shipments with juice in them do happen from time to time, especially if the customs label mentions anything e-cig related. If you are very specific on your order form not to put anything related with e-cigs they will often listen, and this drops the chances of seizure.

And I'm with mini-art, you'd be a fabulous addition to PIF. :)

CB-in-Tokyo

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
Tokyo
Hi Shaun and librairising,

Okay...I will amend this then. I will supply an eGo. The pay it forward can be a different model, as long as it is not one of those terrible kits we all know about. Maybe if they can't find the resources for the ego, then they forward their own ego to the first person with new carts, and the second gets a different model.

I don't know. I don't want to make this too complicated..I just want to help. Maybe you guys can help me to find something fair...maybe if you sponsor someone..you can help them with the pay it forward if they can't do it?

I dunno..I am totally open to suggestions.

PS...No I am not a wonderful human being..I Have my good moments and bad moments like the rest of us. I have been very lucky in many things and finding ecigs is one of the luckiest. I just want to try and pass that on. You are seeing me in a good moment, but thank you for your sentiment :) I do appreciate it.

Last edited:

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
here is the cheapest i have seen a ego kit here in the states. It even comes with 15ml of juice. Right now he has it for pre order but should have kits in the next 2 weeks. Not sure if this will help any but here is the info
Ultimate eGo Dual Kit
-Two Batteries
-Two Atomizers
-Two Cones
-Five Cartridges
-One Wall/USB Charger
-One 15ML Bottle of our VaporFuel eLiquid
-Free Shipping
Total Price: $56.00
From the vapor mall

CB-in-Tokyo

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2010
Tokyo
Java_az,

Thank you that does help!!! That is cheaper than I normally see, but being in Tokyo I order from China as it is right next door :) so I don't usually check out the US prices. The yen is strong right now too so that helps!!!

Keyzygirl,

Thank you. I will definitely check out the PIF group now that I know it is there. This thread needs to stay here though as it is really directed at totally new vapers who can't post anywhere else but here. I will join you guys in the PIF forum once I get the first ten rolling!

Cheers and thank you so much to everyone who is so supportive!!!! I do appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread