Gone quiet here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Innova

Mar 18, 2015
Virginia
Hey Taff, what up me ol' china? Still using the 303 you recommended on sale at a good price. Wish the tank held a little more. The RocketR is getting a lot of use. Guess I won't find an original Pulse G? I'm on my Steam Turbine and Bliss daily. Saw you on Todd's site. Does he let septics tanks on there? Just kidding.....

Reactions: Taff Evans

300fury

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2013
Rochester mn usa
Unfortunately gennys have a niche following. Cotton based tanks are plentiful and easy to build. I personally will not vape anything other than a mesh setup, but we are the huge minority. Lately I have been getting a fantastic Vape from my Origen v3 bottom feeder atty on my Reo grand. Vertical mesh wick at around 1 ohm=delicious!!!

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Yes it seems that ease of build and use are more important than quality and the vape now.. Its all "Blow them clouds bro" eh?

I also only use mesh or SS Rope as well, as i only use Genisis tanks, and find them easy to build, after doing it for so long..and using those materials mean that i also don't have to re-build them for months or even years, just fire em and wash em off.

Must be simpler than re-wicking cotton every week or so.

Vaya

ECF Veteran
i love Gennies. I think I'm down to two RDA's that I dont use; more keeping them for collectible/sentimental reasons.

I'm still stuck on my In'Ax MK3 and all my VWM atomizers, and frankly, have been for months. They're too good... IDK, has anything 'new' in the genesis market come out since the Nextasis in June?

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
Not heard of anything new for a while just people hyping new attys which are just the same as the last ones,!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
68be2753d09872dcd70cc7909e43e2b4.jpg
I just got the Arymi Gillie Tank that uses a center Genesis style wick/coil
a765696a8c117554f334092b3d15e114.jpg
For $17 it vapes and no leaks..and airflow isn't super tight but non adjustable..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I have one genesis RTA, an MCR MK11 with 2mm air hole. It was my second venture into gennies, This time success. I use if for either my lemon custard or a particular flavor of NET tobacco. Its beautiful and one of THE best made atties Ive ever had the pleasure of working with.

I learned after I got it figured out that its not one of the easiest, even kinda hard , but with a very thin and fine mesh straw, it wicks great.

mcr-101sl-303-003_zps2jjhn1rm.jpg

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
Very good atty there mate. I now actually have 3 of them! One has a 2mm airhole which is too much for me usually, and the other two have 1.3mm air holes..great vape....and you are absolutely spot on with the thin mesh wick. I use 200 Superfine for the very thin main wick and also wrap two or three turns of 300 Mesh at the top under the coil so I can get larger coils on there. Or I use 2mm SS Rope which also works great with a 200 or 300 mesh topper. Not much difference in either. For the money they are right now, there is no better value..and yes they are beautiful...Excellent attys.

Last edited:
Reactions: anavidfan

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
This one is also gorgeous.. Its the Rocket Science Mods Hybrid 18500 for which i have both heads, the dripper which i don't use a whole lot, and the Rocket head, which i use a lot of the time. Superb vape and build quality, and feels so good in the hand... very well made items from RSM, really rate them. Very much like the MCR setup you posted above mate.
We need to see more Genesis Attys and mods here!:eek::D

hxOqlHN.jpg

Reactions: Innova

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
0.02 coils though.. and wide open airflow... just been looking on Mikes Vapes for his review, and the first thing he says is lots of air...no MTL with this tank. So wouldn't suit me, but bet it sells though..and it is different, bet it will wick quite well also....
If your referring to the Arymi Gillie mine came with three .5 ohm prebuilt coils
84c5907bbe958f91bdb7cd6c00070023.jpg
might be a little hard to see my Presa reads the coil at 0.51 ohms..not 0.2, just sayin

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Thanks for letting us know that mate. Looked on a Uk vape shop advert for one and it said it came with 0.02 coils. 0.051 is a lot better for me than 0.02

Good looking atty as well isn't it? How does it actually wick? Ok?
It's different for sure!
Because the genesis style wick lives in the juice I have to vape it horizontally sometimes to avoid a dry hit..
For $17 what the heck, it vapes well and no leaks, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread