what e liquid is most like Marlboro reds regular?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodent_tamer

Sep 7, 2010
new jersey
I'm new to this forum and have not yet purchased an e-cig. i just learned about these and am researching to find the best ecig and the liquid that tastes most like marlboro.

Does anyone know if it exists and where i can get it online? i'm totally new to this and would rather ask people here than trust the claims of companies online.

The Big Chief

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2009
Anderson, IN
You ask the question that even the veterans cannot answer. The PERFECT tobacco taste. A lot of manufacturers, and vendors carry tobacco flavors. But when YOU vape them, its like looking at the cig counter at the local smoke shop..all those small varieties. ALL TOBACCO, but all so different. Same thing here. Almost too much selection, and what is marb reds to me, might be basic lights to you. Taste is truely subjective in this arena. Best I can say, is don't set your heart on "nothing but marlboro". There is an ABUNDANCE of flavors out there..and some darn good ones. If you like the food, you'll love the vape. And lets be real, If Martha Stuart HERSELF baked you a tobacco flavored cupcake, would you REALLY eat it?...of course not. We don't truly love tobacco, we just love that sweet juice called nicotine. I do vape me some tobacco flavors on occasion, but not often. If you stumble on a TRUE tobacco taste, be sure to post that review, and tell others. You will find some pretty darn close flavors though, so don't get discouraged by my post. But how do you produce the flavor of burning something, without burning it? Ill recommend freedomsmokesusa.com. Site isnt great, but its got great reviews, and youll find a lot of tobacco blends. They also carry starter kits. And welcome aboard. Stick around, have a vape :)

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Someone will soon come along with their opinion to answer your question. I haven't got one to offer.

I will say this ... if you get into vaping you will likely be surprised after a period of time to find that tasting like a Marlboro Red is not something that appeals to you. I know that sounds crazy (and you may be one of the exceptions). There are lots of people who still like tobacco flavored juice ... I hear them coming down the hall to answer you. LOL

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I don't know...so no answer to your question, but I will say that nearly everyone starts out thinking they want to match their cigarettes exactly. But if you start vaping what you will most likely find is that you will end up loving something completely different. My first order was all tobacco flavors...I ordered from VaporBomb.com and they put in a little bottle of Blueberry with my all-tobacco order. Well.....that little bottle did it. I ended up loving it most and ordering lots more of it. I didn't really like any of the tobacco flavors....especially after my taste buds came back alive after 40 years! It's hard to describe it until you live it....but I'd be surprised if you didn't end up liking something like Cafe Mocha or Strawberry or Peanut Butter or Butter Rum. Given the price of cigs., this is definitely a viable alternative....and I totally consider it waaaaay better than smoking. Never thought I'd say that about anything....

One more thing....the juice is very important, but so is the PV. Do your research and don't buy some piece of junk. There are lots of threads on here that talk about the different hardware....make your first purchase count and you can really save some money in the long run.

Last edited:

tdh

Aug 16, 2010
Muncie, IN, USA
Many vendors sell flavors that they claim are close to Marlboro. It is my opinion that none of them really taste like an actual cigarette, though. Burning tar is kind of distinctive. There are several that taste like tobacco, and some that taste like very good tobacco, but they all take some getting used to, and nothing will be an exact match. I suggest trying some different tobacco flavors from different suppliers. You can probably find one that you like better than the real thing (I found several).

oettinger

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2010
Tampa, Fl.
E-juice that is tobacco flavored tastes more like raw tobacco, sort of like chew even more than snuff/dip.

You are from New Jersey, so I don't expect you have ever taken a big wad of Levi Garret, or Red Man chew, but it is similar to that.

No matter what people mix in it will not taste like something is burning. PLUS most of what you are smoking is not tobacco anyway, it is chemically treated filler that is more like paper made from tobacco shavings, unless you smoke $10.00 cigars or pipe tobacco.

Again, taste is VERY subjective, BUT I still like tobacco flavors. BUT I also used to like a chew or a dip.

humarock

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2010
MA
Agreed with all that taste IS subjective....I too was on the hunt for my marlboro reds, been smoking them for 40 years (okay some menthols in between but tried and true to the red and white)....I did find Madvapes that had a 30ml of marb red juice and I find it to be the helpful piece of me dropping this 40 year nasty .... habit...LOL...I got the 24mg nic one...it's smooth.. BUT I also got smaller bottles to test...caramel creme, raspberry chocolate, kona mocha and my new favorite (that Madvapes tossed in) SPEARMINT...yeah, thought I wouldn't like the flavored ones, but I'm in love, you will test and vape and taste and find your own, have fun with it...everyone has their favorite vendors and I'm new so only tested one so far, but freedomsmokesusa seems to have a great following and I will be trying them too along with Ms. T's Bakery (yummies with no calories, could it be?)...

And I also agree with their remarks of RESEARCH for the model of your choice....it's confusing at 1st but you'll catch on (I live here now, come home, get my vape on and read)....my one piece of advice? Be sure to get a starter kit that has 2 atty's, 2 batts and a good charger (maybe 2 different kinds just in case) I bought a small starter kit thinking that I was 'testing' it but quickly had to order another and ended up spending more than if I got the full starter kit right off the bat......make sure you have either prefilled carts and get some blanks with caps and juice and some filler as well for the carts.

Welcome and enjoy ECF rocks and you'll find your way.....can't wait to see how you like it once you get yours....I LOVE it...best thing ever and telling ALL my smoking buddies about it....And the best part? I can vape laying on my couch on my laptop oh yeah and keep it on my nightstand and will take a few puffs at night...hee hee....

Cit-e Steamer

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2009
Harm Cit-e, USA
I have been vaping since 10/09 and have tried many "cigarette" flavors looking, particularly, for Marlboro Red. In all of this time, I have not found anything that comes close to the true taste of a full flavor analog cigarette. I have tried many varieties of Marlboro, Camel, 555, Hilton, RY4,RY3, Flu cured, etc. and have not found a single one that I would vape on a regular basis. The closest authentic tobacco taste tastes more like a cheap cigar or pipe tobacco. When you find the perfect full flavor analog cig e-liquid, or anything close for that matter, let me know...lol.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
You will NEVER find juice that taste like any LIT cigarette. burning the tobacco is part of the flavor in cigarettes and, you will never find that in a juice. As close as you might get is a juice that tastes like a freshtly opened pack smells. Taste is subjective. I like Dekang Tobacco, others find it harsh, perfumy, medicinal, peppery, or tasteless. Many like Bobbas Bounty, I find it bland, cold, not appealing at all to me. All you can do is order a few samples that sound good to you from a few vendors and see what you like. Once you know what specific qualities you want, then try to finds one that gives you the most of those qualities.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
damn, this is all very discouraging! i dont want to search through all those flavors to find my perfect one. just got my ego, and i guess i still get that primer taste. nasty!

You won't find the perfect one it'll find you just keep treading the waters and let it happen. Then when that perfect one finds you another perfect one will creap up on you untill you've got a collection of your perfect ones. The PIF and Classified Forums are a great place for those not so perfect ones you'll collect along the way.

With the primer taste I've found the best thing is soaking and running alcohol for a few min blowing them out and letting them dry. Alcohol evaporates pretty fast so it doesn't take long. I do that with all my new attys now. At first I was just blowing them out and while that got a major portion of the primer out it still took a while of vaping before it was completely gone.

orville99

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2010
Florida

This one's good, they just can't seem to keep it in stock. The last time I went to order, they were out, so I ordered their Benson&Hedges instead. Didn't like it much so I set it aside. Eventually mixed it with my remaining Marlboro USA mix, and found I liked the combo better than the USA mix alone, so now I get both and mix them.

One of my favorite mixes, however, is this mix with a bit of fruit flavor added - vaping Marl/Benson/Peach mix right now.

Last edited:

rodent_tamer

Sep 7, 2010
new jersey
When I first started out (a short couple weeks ago) I was looking for the tobacco taste as well. I've found that it's the familiar throat hit and the act of inhaling that takes the place of an analog. I think many find that any flavor that you like works good. Well..maybe not bacon.

Thanx everyone for all your input and advice. I guess when i think about it, you're right....it's the familiar throat hit that concerns me most. I smoke marlboro reds because of the harder throat hit or "burn" you get from inhaling, then of course it's the brand i'm used to so other blends, even if they are on the harsher side, don't do it for me, though, if i have no choice and jonesing, i will smoke anything but menthols. menthols are gross to me and make me want to puke. On occasion (when i could get them from friends who traveled to cuba), i used to smoke these unfiltered cigarettes from cuba that i really liked but they weren't the kind of analog you could smoke a lot since they were super strong....took a toll on my lungs if i smoked too many. They just had a sort of "purer" tabacco taste with a hint of sweetness to it....went really well with my morning espresso. i imagine that they don't put the tons of chemicals we get in our analogs in the u.s due to cost.
Anyway...i digress. i just ordered the Ego and a bunch of small bottles of juice. i got some from freedom smoke and got their marlboro flavor with 2 different nic levels and pg/vg mix. i also got their wyatt earp (i think it's called), a capuccino flavor, a cuban blend, a chocolate and a caramel....so i guess it'll just be a matter of trial and error and finding out what nic level, flavor, and pg/vg mix i like best.

i feel motivated to really make this work, (especially due to the $10/pk cost in my area), so i'll try my best to be patient and just keep trying till i find the right juice. I imagine it's also a matter of aclammating ones' taste to something different such as when i switched from coke to coke zero (which has zero calories)...now that i replaced coke for coke zero, i actually prefer it to regular coke....same goes for switching from sugar to equal in my coffee, which at first i didn't like. My main thing is that i don't want to go through the crazy withdrawals like i did even when on the patch or nic gum that i've tried in the past....it's also the whole inhaling/exhaling mouth thing along with the throat hit. If i could successfully get those 3 combos satisfied, then i think i would be willing to put up with the flavor "growing pains" that may come with this transition. i recently tried quitting (which lasted a month 1/2) and was thrilled with the fact that my apt. and i no longer smelled like a filthy ashtray, which, of course, i didn't notice while smoking.

i'm taking the plunge and looking forward to try this alternative. Aside from the health aspect, it just kills me to think of the amount of money i've wasted and still waste on this addiction. Between my boyfriend and i, we spend more on analogs than we do on our rent! Insane!

rodent_tamer

Sep 7, 2010
new jersey
This one's good, they just can't seem to keep it in stock. The last time I went to order, they were out, so I ordered their Benson&Hedges instead. Didn't like it much so I set it aside. Eventually mixed it with my remaining Marlboro USA mix, and found I liked the combo better than the USA mix alone, so now I get both and mix them.

One of my favorite mixes, however, is this mix with a bit of fruit flavor added - vaping Marl/Benson/Peach mix right now.

Thanx, i'll try that one. i still need to learn about mixing my own juice and all that jazz. First step is to simply try vaping and experimenting with flavors. Glad i found this forum for support and info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread