Need recommendations for $200 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.

slair76116

Oct 5, 2016
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to research about e cgierettes a few days now and came across this forum and just joined today.

I'm trying the quit smoking I do ok a few days then end up buying a pack and smoke packs a day for few days. As long as I have a pack I keep smoking the whole thing and then buy another.

If I had a vap pack when I get the urge I can use it.

I'm currently in France and would love to order something online

Budget is not an issue but I thought $200 was a good start and end? If need to spend more on buying a final model I'm ok with it, I love gadgets and I think that's part of the Allure to this.

It would be fantastic if I could buy everything online from a place like Amazon.fr

A little bit about myself;

Smoke a pack a day but haven't smoked in the last three days. I have not vaped before but I've tried a few times.

thanks for any and all advice.

Ajsin11950

Sep 17, 2016
Hi everyone,

I've been trying to research about e cgierettes a few days now and came across this forum and just joined today.

I'm trying the quit smoking I do ok a few days then end up buying a pack and smoke packs a day for few days. As long as I have a pack I keep smoking the whole thing and then buy another.

If I had a vap pack when I get the urge I can use it.

I'm currently in France and would love to order something online

Budget is not an issue but I thought $200 was a good start and end? If need to spend more on buying a final model I'm ok with it, I love gadgets and I think that's part of the Allure to this.

It would be fantastic if I could buy everything online from a place like Amazon.fr

A little bit about myself;

Smoke a pack a day but haven't smoked in the last three days. I have not vaped before but I've tried a few times.

thanks for any and all advice.

Hey hows it going.. I've been vaping now like on and off since last Christmas, though before about maybe a month ago I was using a Kanger Evod type. The kanger wasn't really doing it for me, there would be weeks I wouldn't vape at all and most importantly I was still smoking (at very least) a pack a day at the same time.

So yeah about a month ago I read a little bit and got an IPV 400 and a TFV8 tank. Some people seemed to think that this was an odd first real setup but I'm telling you, I absolutely love it.

The IPV 400 takes 2 18650 batteries, I throw it on the charger when I'm going to sleep and start using it as soon as I wake up and it easily gets me through the entire day. Its adjustable up to 200w. I use it now pretty consistently around 115w and like I said it gets me through the day easy.

I think a big part of the reason I was able to completely stop smoking is because of the TFV8. I'm able to burn through so much juice so quick (huge clouds etc etc.) it really helps cover my nicotine cravings. There are a lot of tanks out there and I've tried a few so far but anything else I've used that doesn't give me such big hits seems to leave me wanting a cig. Anyway, the TFV8 is a solid DTL tank. Good hits, good flavor, easy to fill. You will absolutely use a lot of juice but if you're anything like I was with the cigs then that might not be the worst thing in the world.

That is my recommendation/opinion or whatever, lol. There are a lot of people here who are way more knowledgeable then me but yeah, I'm bored are work and figured I'd give ya an opinion from my own (very) limited experience.

If you want to check out those items check the following links-

IPV 400- https://www.amazon.fr/IPV-400-Noir-...e=UTF8&qid=1475702794&sr=8-1&keywords=ipv+400

TFV8- https://www.amazon.fr/NUAGE-BEAST-R...1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475701810&sr=8-1&keywords=tfv8

The batteries I'm using (they have been excellent, not sure I would use them if I was going to vape much over 120w tho)- https://www.amazon.fr/Accu-35A-1865...702861&sr=8-1&keywords=mxjo+18650+3000mah+35a

Good Luck!

Reactions: Bdts

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Budget is not an issue but I thought $200 was a good start and end?

With that budget you can get set up rather nicely. Certainly try amazon and ebay and fasttech?

You really need to decide first what things are most important to you:
1) mobility- size - pocketable
2) maintenance (high or just OTC coils, etc. for now)
3) regulated or unregulated batt
4) mouth to lung or direct lung vaper?

Stuff like that. otherwise there are over 500 products on the market right now I could suggest, and ditto anyone else who answers here.

If I were starting out, and just wanted something popular, reliable, and easy to purcahase, I'd go with some kind of nautilus tank with OTC coil + a commonplace replaceable 18650 battery mod or decent USB chargeable mod with long batt life......

Reactions: ShamrockPat

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
there's a lot of starter kits out there, where you can get a decent mod(they are interchangeable with different tanks) and a tank to start. personally I avoid ones with a built in battery, since if anything happens to it, it becomes a paperweight, not all have the pass-through option(can be used while charging). I bought one that uses an external and charger, means I can have spare batteries on me and not have to worry about finding a place to charge it when out.

i'll tell you right off, I love my kangertech toptank 75w mini starter kit(have 3 of them), and now I've upgraded my tanks to the pro tank 4 evolved (x2) also made by them and the coils work in both sets of tanks.
it came with:
the kbox 75w mini mod, which is about the height of a pack of smokes and half the width, external 18650 LG h2 battery(bought separately, I bought spares and a charger), the standard 3 buttons (trigger/power and up/down), basic enough to grow with for now. comes in black, white, red, and a slightly more expensive platinum version. it has a usb charging wire in the box as well. it has several safety features built in.

toptank mini tank, 4 ml, top filling, can go anywhere from 0.1 up to 3 Ohm, a variety of coils from sub ohm to 1.2ohm premade can be bought reasonbly online, and a rebuildable coil housing(with the makings for 2 0.3ohm already or that you can make your own coils for if you get into that). it comes standard with 3 coils in various ranges to try and the RBA. same colours to match the kbox when bought as a kit

both can be bought together or separately... ended up with 3 of the mods and 5 of the tanks between my hubby and I. Kanger TOPBOX Mini Starter kit (Not Included battery)

pro tank 4 is a larger 5ml(heightwise) tank that has a top-side fill option, better rba... Kanger Protank-4 clearomizer

both tanks can be used as mouth to lung, but are more ideal for the direct to lung type.

edit: I used their official site, just because it gives the best details, places like fasttech do sell them cheaper if you're willing to wait for online.

Last edited:
Reactions: KentA

slair76116

Oct 5, 2016
Hey guys thanks for the inputs.

Size of the device is a non issue I don't mind even large units.

I prefer mouth hits.

Definitely less maintenance the better

Not sure about regulated or unregulated battery I want something safe.

What's the best setup I can buy without need to upgrade to what ever later, since my budget is ok I think I can go for a final setup in one go isn't it ?

One more thing please I'll be in France for 2 more weeks and would love if I can get Amazon.fr links to your recommendations or from another site that can deliver to south of France in 1 week or less after that I'm going to Paris. On vacation ad trying to quit smoking...

Thank you so very much for the advice

KentA

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2015
Adirondack Mountains
Slair,
Most of the setups people will be suggesting come from, of course, China & shipping from there can be time consuming. Focalecig has a German warehouse that may meet your schedule.

I'm not familiar with the vape scene in France, but if it is feasible, I suggest looking for a real brick & mortar, specialty vape store. Even if there is a language problem, they can help you avoid some of the early problems new vapers encounter.

Getting off smoke & into vapor is worth the effort. Good Luck.

JMC17

Sep 5, 2016
Canada, Quebec
I haven't tried many setups, I started with Vaporfi's vSix, vShock and Viper tanks which were okay but cost waaaay too much and weren't perfect flavorwise. I would stay clear of Vaporfi's hardware if I were you!

I've recently been suggested an Eleaf iStick 100w with a uWell Crown Tank and I absolutely love it.
I've been vaping with it for the past week and it has more flavor and bigger clouds than my previous gear.

Also even if you go for a solid setup, it's hard to tell that it'd definitely be your only one.
Personally I believe I have pretty much the best I can have in the tank category, anything else wouldn't be much improvement and most likely be a downgrade but it still is no match compared to drippers and rebuildables.

So even if I think I have the best, i'd love to get into dripping and have a dripping setup.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Thank you all for your replies. I have a few suggestions from you guys and thats great. I just wish at least two people would recommend one machine saying hey this is fantastic go for it. You know for peace of mind.

I'll give it another day read as much as I can and just go for one.

Cost no issue
Less Maintenance machine
Mouth to lung

Hey save your budget. You're now a member of the greatest forum with the most generous vendors on the planet!

Just win your new gear in the contests here. I've won so much stuff I can't keep track anymore.

ECF Supplier Contest Forum

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
For around 50 dollars (CAD) not sure in Euros but I like the Eleaf Ipower

"Eleaf iPower comes with an ultra-large battery capacity of 5000mAh in a compact design, which can last you for a remarkably long time at any power setting. Max output 80W, iPower supports VW/Bypass/Smart/TC(Ni,Ti,SS,TCR) modes. iPower also has a fashionable looking and comes with 5 attractive colors for your options."

It has way more power(80 watt) and features than you'll need for a MTL set-up but you'll be ready for any move to DTL or subohming or Temp control.

The Nautilus or Nautilus Mini is still one of the best MTL tanks out there. imo. You'll only need 15 watts or so to run it and they are not too expensive (around here anyhow).

The 5000mah battery with the Naughty tank should run for 2 or 3 days before recharge is needed.

Just a couple thoughts(my 2 cents) Cheers.

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
Hey guys thanks for the inputs.

Size of the device is a non issue I don't mind even large units.

I prefer mouth hits.

Definitely less maintenance the better

Not sure about regulated or unregulated battery I want something safe.

What's the best setup I can buy without need to upgrade to what ever later, since my budget is ok I think I can go for a final setup in one go isn't it ?

One more thing please I'll be in France for 2 more weeks and would love if I can get Amazon.fr links to your recommendations or from another site that can deliver to south of France in 1 week or less after that I'm going to Paris. On vacation ad trying to quit smoking...

Thank you so very much for the advice

Slair, I'm not familiar with the vape scene in France, but if it is feasible, I suggest looking for a real brick & mortar, specialty vape store. Even if there is a language problem, they can help you avoid some of the early problems new vapers encounter.

Getting off smoke & into vapor is worth the effort. Good Luck.

I agree with KentA's suggestion above. It would also likely allow you to try some e-juice to see what you like. If that's not feasible, my recommendations with amazon.fr links: Lots of room to grow...

Mod: eVic VTwo Express 75W TC or iStick Pico Express 75W TC
Tank: Aspire Mini Nautilus or Aspire Nautilus X
Atomizer: Mini Nautilus 1.8ohm or Nautilus X 1.5ohm (5pks, maybe get a few of these)
Battery: Samsung INR18650-25R (2pk)
Charger: D2 Nitecore

Good luck on your journey... :D

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
For absolute reliability, you cannot beat a ProVari. It's not a powerhouse mod like most of the current e-cigarettes, but it will never explode in your pocket and it will never fail to vape when you push the button. They ship quickly, and internationally. The best deal they have is on their specials page:
Specials of the week
The Red/Black Classic or the Zombie Classic. $49.95. Plus $8 for an extension ring to use 18650 batteries.

They also happen to be running a sale today: ProVape Columbus Day Sale 10% Off 10/9/16-10/11/16
Code: discover10

The best batteries to use with it would be LG HG2 18650 batteries. ProVape charges more for them than most other vendors, but you can be sure they are not counterfeit.
LG High Drain Rechargeable Batteries | Best 18650 Batteries

ProVape also sells a decent dual bay battery charger, but I would pass on that if you don't mind shopping around. The Nitecore Intellicharger D4 is what I've used for years, and would recommend. There may be a more modern model out there now. The D4 sells for about $30, and is worth the extra $10-15 over ProVape's charger.

As for an atomizer, the Nautilus Aspire has already been recommended in this thread. That being said, the Kabuki also uses Aspire coils, and offers improved taste.

You could order an authentic from ProVape for $89, that will come with P3 threading, designed specifically to work on a ProVari.
Kabuki P3 thread tank by House of Hybrids

Or you could order a clone from China, that is 510 threaded. It will work just as well, and on other devices, but the shipping time can take up to two weeks. I have this one, and it works well.

$14.32 Kabuki Styled BCC Bottom Coil Clearomizer - 3ml / 1.6ohm(3.3-4.2V) / 316 stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

There are cheaper ones on that site, but that one has the best reviews, and the people who own several different ones, agree that that one is the best of the clone models.

So, those are my recommendations. Dependable, flavorful vaping, with the highest quality setup for the money. It's not a cloud chasing setup, so if that is what you are looking for, you might as well take a pass on my recommendation.

Edit: if you do go with this setup, the 1.6 ohm coils at 4.8 volts/11ish watts are about the sweet spot. ;)

I should add that I have a V1 ProVari, which is an antique by today's vaping standards that has lasted daily indoor/outdoor use for five years now. I recently purchased a Classic (which is a pretty big upgrade, comparatively) and is built to the same quality.

Last edited:
Reactions: TraderX

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I agree with @PLANofMAN and I have the same. If you go to the Provari website and look under the specials, a Provari 2.5 (full size) is a great deal. It will last forever. Add two 18650 batteries, a charger, and a Nautilus tank (or 2)...$100 USD.

it is only 15 watts maximum, but that is plenty if you want to get away from smoking. This forum has a lot of people that like big clouds.

I just hope you get away from smoking.

Last edited:

Muru

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2014
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
You're in France which is a vape-friendly country. There should be plenty of brick and mortar shops where you can go and try what might work for you. No need to wait for online orders to be shipped. And if you go into a vapeshop in Paris, there shouldn't be many problems language-wise.
It's not just the hardware that's important, but also the nicotine content of your juice. Don't start too low, and find a flavour you'll enjoy vaping.
I quit smoking with an evod starterkit and happily used that for over a year before I started to explore other options. It gives a nice tight draw and great flavour. Coils are cheap :) Good luck on your vaping journey!

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
basically get a mod that does between 75w to 100w... unless you get exotic in your vaping, you probably wont need above 75w really for external batteries, a charger and battery case carrying a spare battery or two and you're golden. a lot MtL vape 30 below, but it allows for adding the occasional spicier wattage tank. when you add more wattage the larger the mod and less pocketable.

a lot of us will suggest NOT buying a mod with an internal battery, especially if you're thinking long-term. with an internal battery, no matter how sweet the mod, if something goes wrong... it becomes a fancy paper weight. at least with externals, you can keep the batteries for using in the next mod.

never buy a battery externally unless it's a name brand... LG, Samsung, sony, and Panasonic. brands like trustfire, efest etc are the name brands' rejects rewrapped.

Reactions: dobroeutro

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
it is only 15 watts maximum, but that is plenty if you want to get away from smoking. This forum has a lot of people that like big clouds.

I'm not vaping for the clouds, I'm vaping for the flavour/nic that keeps me from smoking, 20w to 35w is the range that worked for me... not "big clouds".

slair76116

Oct 5, 2016
Hey thanks a lot for the good wishes guys. The nautilus tank seems to be a keeper. I went to two brick and motor shops as you guys suggested the language was tough I'm in the South of France right now. I couldn't communicate very well with them and thought I'm starting to annoy them. France can at times seem not too friendly.

And the shops seems to be way overpriced as compared to online stores. It's 1am now and in 8 hours when I wake up ill spend another hour or so deciding what I'll get.

It would be nice to be able to change the intensity of the smoke hoping to reduce the need of big clouds. I don't see how that can be healthy in the long run. I don't know enough about vaping but I don't want to substitute one habit with another and another.

The main goal is to get substitute for a cigarette specially when I have a drink cause that's when my earnings are at its highest and I feel like just one smoke to accompany the mellow mood and smooth music. And one leads to another and I finish the pack and we'll you know how it goes.

Hope this works and hope this is less harmful to me and my loved ones.

Cheers and thank you so much for all your advice every single one of you. Please to let me know of anything more of you have any ill buy something in the morning when I wake up.

Good night yall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread