Problem with Vaporesso cCell Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

V43L1N

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
So. MD
@Db75 They are SS and they say the wattage is 40-60 watts but I have found the best power is 30 watts. They have a big juice hole (and not the hex type) and the o-rings are black.
View attachment 582697

I tried the coils that came with the Gemini, they were awful. I'd like to get my hands on a pack of these to give them a try.

Where did you find them?

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
I tried the coils that came with the Gemini, they were awful. I'd like to get my hands on a pack of these to give them a try.

Where did you find them?

At a local vendor here in South Africa... unfortunately they sold out quickly and the new stock is the normal hex juice holes with the red o-rings... :confused:

But the new 0.6Ω and 0.9Ω cCell coils with the Hex juice hole are just fine... but I do think the scarce ones with the big juice hole and black o-rings are the best ones... just can't find them at the moment and I wonder if it was a short sun when they ran out of normal hex components?

jimyvape

Aug 10, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: You've been warned about this several times. Knock it off.

CrazyNight

Verified Member
Sep 10, 2014
NY USA
The cCells that came pre-installed with my Target Tank and Gemini tank worked great. But then all of the ones that I bought in packages (and the ones that Smoore / Vaporesso sent me direct from their office in China) are terrible and nothing but burnt hits. Since some people claim to have great success with them and love them, I plan to put my Target Tank, Gemini Tank, and unused packs of cCell coils all up for sale. It's too bad since I really love the Target Tank itself, but I can't seem to find any other coils that with the Target/Gemini tanks so they're just sitting here going to waste.

chaz1969gr

Oct 8, 2016
Hey guys,

Like a few others here, I have had awful problems with the CCell, mainly with burn't or off taste or no taste at all, tried everything, soaking ramping up etc, with little or no joy. After trying two packs of coils the 0.5Ohm and 0.9Ohm, I think I may have stumbled on the issue and how to solve.

I ran a test with a brand new 0.9 Ohm UNPRIMED coil, screwed in my mod (without the juice tank) and pulsed it a couple of times, white smoke started to billow from the chimney. It is my assumption if there are no additives to a new coil (eg. juice) then it should burn clean ie. emit NO odour OR smoke from the chimney. Which got me thinking the coils are either contaminated from the manufacturing process or need to be burned in as others have mentioned.
Below is a bit of a process I put together, and first hit full flavour perfect vape, I used the 0.9 Ohm Kanthal in the below.

1. Screw UNPRIMED Coil into mod
2. Dial up the mod to maximum coil rating ( 35Watts for the 0.9)
3. Pulse 1/2 sec, wait 1-2 seconds, Pulse 1/2 sec, wait 1-2 seconds, Pulse 1/2 sec, you will see the inside coils start to glow.

After you have done this a couple of times you may see smoke coming out the chimney

4. Wait a one minute and repeat step three above, being very careful not to overheat the coil because you WILL burn them out.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 above for maybe 5-10Mins or until the coil starts burning clean ie. NO smoke.
6. Let it cool, then prime your coil and fill tank with juice and let sit for a couple of minutes as you would normally prime a coil.

If anyone is trying this, take caution as it can get very hot, but I got clean taste and perfect vape for the first time from a brand new cCELL coils by doing the above.

Anyway just thought I'd share my experience, as was totally frustrated.

Reactions: Robfisher

birdfor3

Moved On
Jul 15, 2015
The 0.6 SS cCell is an outstanding commercial coil... I don't know of another coil that comes close to the flavour and length of use... pop one into a Melo 3 Mini for a hassle free and outstanding vape!

um, what? I just got my pico kit, and the melo tank gets ridiculously hot with any coils. I don't know if this is a battery issue or tank issue, but I've read the Melo mini tank sucks and tends to get really hot, almost scalding.

ccell so far are overrated in my limited experience.

pretty ...... b/c everyone made such a big fuss about the "flavor", etc. I can barely vape sub-ohm with the Melo b/c it makes the tank SO hot. I hope this isn't a lemon, b/c VapeNW sound unbearably difficult with returns...

chaz1969gr

Oct 8, 2016
um, what? I just got my pico kit, and the melo tank gets ridiculously hot with any coils. I don't know if this is a battery issue or tank issue, but I've read the Melo mini tank sucks and tends to get really hot, almost scalding.

ccell so far are overrated in my limited experience.

pretty ...... b/c everyone made such a big fuss about the "flavor", etc. I can barely vape sub-ohm with the Melo b/c it makes the tank SO hot. I hope this isn't a lemon, b/c VapeNW sound unbearably difficult with returns...
Not sure about the tank, I use the Vaporesso Target tank on my Vtec mini, and doesn't get hot at all. I like the CCells for the convenience and got sick of changing cotton coils they'd only last me two days before burning not matter how I setup the temps. I think the ceramics are good for the convenience but fiddly, time will tell, but I think it's got potential....

birdfor3

Moved On
Jul 15, 2015
Not sure about the tank, I use the Vaporesso Target tank on my Vtec mini, and doesn't get hot at all. I like the CCells for the convenience and got sick of changing cotton coils they'd only last me two days before burning not matter how I setup the temps. I think the ceramics are good for the convenience but fiddly, time will tell, but I think it's got potential....

occ coils lasted me at least a week.

anyway ceramic worry me. but I got a 5 pack so eh. I think the tank I got is either a lemon or just crap. no leakage past first vape, but the fact that it gets HOT is pissing me off. and apparently others have experienced this as well.

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
I have a few Melo 3 Mini's with 0.6Ω SS Vaporesso cCell coils and haven't had any issues with heat and nothing but great flavour... However the 0.5Ω cCells are lemons and the 0.9Ω are hit and miss... some batches are fine after careful priming and the rest are lemons!

birdfor3

Moved On
Jul 15, 2015
I have a few Melo 3 Mini's with 0.6Ω SS Vaporesso cCell coils and haven't had any issues with heat and nothing but great flavour... However the 0.5Ω cCells are lemons and the 0.9Ω are hit and miss... some batches are fine after careful priming and the rest are lemons!

is this a case of "my stuff is always great"? b/c I literally can assure you that I had a friend put her nautilus mini on my pico and NO heat issues.

mine back on, heat issues. its not the box, or the battery, or the coils. the .9 are NOT NOT NOT the culprit (the melo coils were even worse). the tanks are CRAP as far as heat dissipation is concerned. so either you're lying, or oblivious no offense. or maybe quality control with the tanks themselves (lemon?). feel free to google this issue and you'll see tons other people proclaiming this a consistent issue with the melo. I will say it's gotten slightly better since charging, and perhaps having the tank completely closed off to get tight MTL could be part of the cause, but you are wrong - the tanks are not great for flavor OR heat. It sounds like you don't even own one, b/c people who do say it's about as average as you can get. the only positive thing about them are that they're practically leak free once broken in.

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
@Robfisher : Uncle Rob , You've received the Estoc Mega from Vaporesso to tryout too ? If yes , what do You think about the new EUC 0.5 SS316 CCells ? This time Vaporesso make things right ?

Yip the Estoc tank is a real step in the right direction... priming the new coils was a piece of cake and the flavour as good as the 0.6Ω SS cCells. I haven't really stress tested them because I have discovered the Serpent Mini 25 and it's the best tank ever... I tested the Estoc for a couple of days before passing it onto a mate to test and when they finally arrive I will most certainly buy one for my arsenal.

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
is this a case of "my stuff is always great"? b/c I literally can assure you that I had a friend put her nautilus mini on my pico and NO heat issues.

mine back on, heat issues. its not the box, or the battery, or the coils. the .9 are NOT NOT NOT the culprit (the melo coils were even worse). the tanks are CRAP as far as heat dissipation is concerned. so either you're lying, or oblivious no offense. or maybe quality control with the tanks themselves (lemon?). feel free to google this issue and you'll see tons other people proclaiming this a consistent issue with the melo. I will say it's gotten slightly better since charging, and perhaps having the tank completely closed off to get tight MTL could be part of the cause, but you are wrong - the tanks are not great for flavor OR heat. It sounds like you don't even own one, b/c people who do say it's about as average as you can get. the only positive thing about them are that they're practically leak free once broken in.

@birdfor3 why on earth would I lie? I have been using the Melo 3 Mini's (2ml version) for months and with the 0.6Ω SS cCells they have been marvellous. The 4ml Melo 3 is crap and suffers from an airlock issue.

Here are some pics of my Melo 3's
Melo-III-3.jpg
MeloIIIcCell 001.JPG
Melo3Mini 001.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread