Problem with Vaporesso cCell Coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Db75

Jul 27, 2016
Rome (Italy)
Yip the Estoc tank is a real step in the right direction... priming the new coils was a piece of cake and the flavour as good as the 0.6Ω SS cCells. I haven't really stress tested them because I have discovered the Serpent Mini 25 and it's the best tank ever... I tested the Estoc for a couple of days before passing it onto a mate to test and when they finally arrive I will most certainly buy one for my arsenal.
@Robfisher : The Estoc it's just on selling Rob , just bought one (arrival for tomorrow) with a stock of EUC Ceramic coils , let's see how will work ... I'm with You thinking this is a step forward on the perfection for ceramic , so please consider to do a comparison video-review between the normal Ccells and the EUC ones ... thanks for all Rob !

Last edited:
Reactions: Robfisher

Db75

Jul 27, 2016
Rome (Italy)
@Robfisher : Rob , today I received a mail from Uwell , linking me an article regarding "The Truth and Science behind Ceramic Coils" , could You please read it and report us what do You think about ? It's a mere commercial operation denigrating other companies , or could be something truthful ? Thanks again Rob .

Here the link :
The Truth and Science behind Ceramic Coils

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
@Robfisher : Rob , today I received a mail from Uwell , linking me an article regarding "The Truth and Science behind Ceramic Coils" , could You please read it and report us what do You think about ? It's a mere commercial operation denigrating other companies , or could be something truthful ? Thanks again Rob .

Here the link :

Yip I read it when it came out and my initial thought was that it was sour grapes because UWell have had so much crap with thier coils... thier coils were so crap I got rid of my Crown tank the same day... and I still think it's sour grapes because a lot of tests were done when the cCell appeared on the scene and caused such a stir... could there be some truth it the report? Yes there could be but I'm not technical enough to make that call... am I going to continue using cCells? Yes I am... I have been using them for months and months now with no ill effect... I think it another scare mongering technique just like Diacetal was...

Right now I am using an RBA with a Cotton Bacon wick mostly because I think the Serpent Mini 25 is probably the best flavour tank (for my Litchi Menthol Juice anyway) ever made with zero leaking. I still use cCells in my Melo 3 Mini (2ml) tanks for testing juices and as a backup if I run out of time to pit stop my gear.

But I will be keeping an eye on ceramic coil developments. I'm surprised Vaporesso hasn't come out and made a staement on the issue.

Reactions: Royalgipsy

birdfor3

Moved On
Jul 15, 2015
@birdfor3 why on earth would I lie? I have been using the Melo 3 Mini's (2ml version) for months and with the 0.6Ω SS cCells they have been marvellous. The 4ml Melo 3 is crap and suffers from an airlock issue.

Here are some pics of my Melo 3's
View attachment 605373 View attachment 605375 View attachment 605377

a.) didn't say you were lying, suggested it be possible since what you're saying matches up with NOTHING that is standard experience with the tanks

b.) though you do a bit of humblebragging, at least you were helpful - I now know the SS ccells fit the Melo Mini if I chose to go that route. appears no one validated that yet.

c.) it's cool that the tank works for you, but I WOULDN'T LIE either. It's completely average by any standard; taste get muted, tank gets hot. vaporessos also eat up ejuice like crazy.

d.) that drip tip is huge. good lord. At first I was like - that's not a Melo Mini. lol. It's pretty though.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
um, what? I just got my pico kit, and the melo tank gets ridiculously hot with any coils. I don't know if this is a battery issue or tank issue, but I've read the Melo mini tank sucks and tends to get really hot, almost scalding.

ccell so far are overrated in my limited experience.

pretty ...... b/c everyone made such a big fuss about the "flavor", etc. I can barely vape sub-ohm with the Melo b/c it makes the tank SO hot. I hope this isn't a lemon, b/c VapeNW sound unbearably difficult with returns...

Silly question, but have you lowered your wattage? If in Temp Control, many don't realize that you can lower the wattage (as it's default at 75W).

There's only ONE person that I know that had heat issues with their Pico and Melo3 tank, and that was it, they didn't realize that they needed to lower the wattage. Once done, it was all good.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada

Here the link :

UD can't get decent ceramic done, it's their problem. The other companies using ceramic have all proven that they use a verified process and the ceramic is a lot more solid and stable than what UD shows.

I've done tests, others have done tests, and no powder or residue or anything as per this report.

So it's not the truth nor science.

The main problem with ceramic is that the pores are very small and they do gum up from sweeteners fairly fast.

Reactions: Robfisher

gigetto

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2014
Italy
Hey guys,

Like a few others here, I have had awful problems with the CCell, mainly with burn't or off taste or no taste at all, tried everything, soaking ramping up etc, with little or no joy. After trying two packs of coils the 0.5Ohm and 0.9Ohm, I think I may have stumbled on the issue and how to solve.

I ran a test with a brand new 0.9 Ohm UNPRIMED coil, screwed in my mod (without the juice tank) and pulsed it a couple of times, white smoke started to billow from the chimney. It is my assumption if there are no additives to a new coil (eg. juice) then it should burn clean ie. emit NO odour OR smoke from the chimney. Which got me thinking the coils are either contaminated from the manufacturing process or need to be burned in as others have mentioned.
Below is a bit of a process I put together, and first hit full flavour perfect vape, I used the 0.9 Ohm Kanthal in the below.

1. Screw UNPRIMED Coil into mod
2. Dial up the mod to maximum coil rating ( 35Watts for the 0.9)
3. Pulse 1/2 sec, wait 1-2 seconds, Pulse 1/2 sec, wait 1-2 seconds, Pulse 1/2 sec, you will see the inside coils start to glow.

After you have done this a couple of times you may see smoke coming out the chimney

4. Wait a one minute and repeat step three above, being very careful not to overheat the coil because you WILL burn them out.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 above for maybe 5-10Mins or until the coil starts burning clean ie. NO smoke.
6. Let it cool, then prime your coil and fill tank with juice and let sit for a couple of minutes as you would normally prime a coil.

If anyone is trying this, take caution as it can get very hot, but I got clean taste and perfect vape for the first time from a brand new cCELL coils by doing the above.

Anyway just thought I'd share my experience, as was totally frustrated.

But in this operations you burn the cotton, the filling juice material of the ccell....

Db75

Jul 27, 2016
Rome (Italy)
@Robfisher : Got my ESTOC Mega a week ago as I said in the previous post ... think I'm really a lucky guy because I immediatly got the airlock issue (dry hits after a couple of puffs with no feedings bubbles , it resolve only loosing the top cap , when doing this it immediatly start to bubble again) ... Rob , I found your post in another forum talking about this , do you think it's a tank related problem or a coils one ? Really I can't neither imagine to walk around with a tank not tight enough ...

birdfor3

Moved On
Jul 15, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Nope. Being rude is not permitted.

PurpleDragon

Jun 20, 2016
Gloucester, MA
I struggled with my Pico/Melo 3 for a long time having bad/inconsistent luck with the original Melo heads included, Melo heads from FastTech, Atlantis clone heads, the Atlantis RTA head, the eLeaf ECR RTA, and Atlantis ccels. Finally I tried the authentic Vaporesso .5ohm ccels kanthal which I bought from FastTech and they have been great. I've used two of them and each lasted almost a month. Maybe I've just got a "good batch" but hopefully my search is over 'cause these are great.

PurpleDragon

Jun 20, 2016
Gloucester, MA
Hey guys,

Like a few others here, I have had awful problems with the CCell, mainly with burn't or off taste or no taste at all, tried everything, soaking ramping up etc, with little or no joy. After trying two packs of coils the 0.5Ohm and 0.9Ohm, I think I may have stumbled on the issue and how to solve.

I ran a test with a brand new 0.9 Ohm UNPRIMED coil, screwed in my mod (without the juice tank) and pulsed it a couple of times, white smoke started to billow from the chimney. It is my assumption if there are no additives to a new coil (eg. juice) then it should burn clean ie. emit NO odour OR smoke from the chimney. Which got me thinking the coils are either contaminated from the manufacturing process or need to be burned in as others have mentioned.
Below is a bit of a process I put together, and first hit full flavour perfect vape, I used the 0.9 Ohm Kanthal in the below.

1. Screw UNPRIMED Coil into mod
2. Dial up the mod to maximum coil rating ( 35Watts for the 0.9)
3. Pulse 1/2 sec, wait 1-2 seconds, Pulse 1/2 sec, wait 1-2 seconds, Pulse 1/2 sec, you will see the inside coils start to glow.

After you have done this a couple of times you may see smoke coming out the chimney

4. Wait a one minute and repeat step three above, being very careful not to overheat the coil because you WILL burn them out.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 above for maybe 5-10Mins or until the coil starts burning clean ie. NO smoke.
6. Let it cool, then prime your coil and fill tank with juice and let sit for a couple of minutes as you would normally prime a coil.

If anyone is trying this, take caution as it can get very hot, but I got clean taste and perfect vape for the first time from a brand new cCELL coils by doing the above.

Anyway just thought I'd share my experience, as was totally frustrated.

great advice, i fried my coil in almost immediately doing this

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
@Robfisher : Got my ESTOC Mega a week ago as I said in the previous post ... think I'm really a lucky guy because I immediatly got the airlock issue (dry hits after a couple of puffs with no feedings bubbles , it resolve only loosing the top cap , when doing this it immediatly start to bubble again) ... Rob , I found your post in another forum talking about this , do you think it's a tank related problem or a coils one ? Really I can't neither imagine to walk around with a tank not tight enough ...

Bummer! Sorry to hear that @Db75! The dreaded airlock issue is related to the cCells and is worse in some tanks. When I tested the ESTOC tank I only used it for a few days and mine was fine with no airlocks. The whole ceramic coil story has been major ups and downs and has ranged from awful to outstanding. I found the best ceramic tank and coil combo was the Melo 3 Mini (2ml) with 0.6Ω Stainless Steel cCells.

But I have moved onto Serpent Mini 25's now because the quality of the vape is even better than the ceramics and a lot less of a fight! If you do build your own coils give the Serpent Mini 25 a go with a single Nichrome 24g build 3mm to 3,5mm diameter, 7 wraps and wick with Bacon Cotton...

CocaNilla

Nov 3, 2016
I have 4 Target Tanks and a Gemini with the cCell coils and all but one is operational because the coils are just not working no matter what I do... the first coil that came with my first tank has been absolutely perfect and has given me the smoothest best flavour vape ever and for over 75 tank refills... but every other coil has resulted in terrible dry hits... some work OK for a few puffs and then the dry hits come... some people are getting better results and I'm now convinced that the batches of coils are vastly different. Such a pity because ceramic has such massive potential but the current batch we have here in South Africa are just damn useless!

This seems to be the case in my experience with the cCELL as well. The one that came with my Vaporesso was fantastic, but the extra coil in the package and the new one I just bought at the store are absolutely terrible. I am ready to give up, rather than waste my money on the hit or miss batches of coils. I think it's time to invest in a new set-up, before I end up smoking cigarettes again.

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
Best RTA ever made is the Serpent Mini 25... all my cCell coil tanks are now on the sidelines...

PS The new Estoc tank form Vaporesso is worth looking at because the ceramic coils are a whole lot better... they wick easily and the flavour is very good.

If you build your own coils then the SM25 is the one... if not and you like ceramic coils then the Estoc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread