The Genesis Buiders' Nuances & Rationales Collective

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrowthCurve

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Rust Belt
I ended up throwing 5 wrap 28g kan 2.5 mm drill bit in my Aga T(big tank). I can't wrap 30g nichrome tight enough on the drill bit. Then when i put the wick in (soft 400 mesh) the coil is not tight enough no matter how much i fatten up the wick.

Kanthal works much better, and sturdier, and i am using the cap with the stock airhole. Can taste the vape

Scienced out the AgT to 2.0mm bit, 5 wrap 32 kan. 22 or 23 mm 400 mesh. Soft wick. That worked out. I don't think its possible to feed any coil with a wick that is 1.5 mm diameter. My coil was 34g and over 2.0Ω, and would not wick.

Spending this fall weejend sciencing out my gennys, lol. Now maybe i'll rake some leaves

Reactions: Taff Evans

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
Just rebuilt the nextgen with 200sf mesh and 28 gauge kanthal at 7.5 ohm ohms,as it was lacking in taste now as it's been a while since I last did it.
Vaping really well now, the taste is back and lots of vapour.

Glad I did it now!

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

7.5 ohms?!?!

:pervy::pervy::pervy:

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
Seems relevant... I don't have anything to add but a question.

What sites are ya'll getting your mesh from? I have added some from a few assorted sites when they had a limited selection to help save on shipping.

The lower grades are almost always out of stock. The lowest I have tried is 325 i think it was. I have had somewhat good results.

I love building with mesh when the build bug hits. So far I have been successful in building a Le Magister and Le Zephyr. using the 325 and 50\50 - 30\70 PG\VG juices.

Very basic straw or cinnawicks. I am still very inconsistent. So I eat through materials when building.

yourgurnard

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
London
What's your hot-spot situation look like when you create a new build?
Truthfully, they get sorted same as mesh...just by strumming the coil & fiddling with the wick.
It came about when I was out with My Origenny one day & managed to burn 2 big holes in the toppers when dry-burning...with no more mesh with Me. I thought I'd just try the 'naked' rope, expecting shorts galore 'cos of uneven contact .....but surprisingly, it worked fine!
I then did a new build at home...which worked too!
I'm pretty OCD about oxidising wicks tho' & hardly ever wrap coil direct onto them....I've never tried wrapping straight onto rope, maybe that'd be a diff. story!

GrowthCurve

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Rust Belt
IMG_4351.JPG
IMG_4353.JPG
Fat
3.5 mm jig, 26g kanthal 0.4Ω
~3.5 inches of 400 mesh, trimmed some. Very loosely rolled spongey (cinnawick?)
Tesla Sub Box
Airhole 5/64 i think
Nice!!

GrowthCurve

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Rust Belt
IMG_5579.JPG
Skinny
5 wrap 32g kanthal 2.0mm jig
Scrounging for jam nuts that will work properly--Ordered a ton of jam nuts off of ebay, hope they work
23mm 400 mesh
2.0Ω
Figured out a trick for this 32g wire--when i take out the jig, i kinda hold the coil, cradling it like a teeny li'l baby
Tootie puffer for ego battery

Vaya

ECF Veteran
Someone we know! also has a new atty, and hopefully he will show it to us as well.

:) Well the KLS unfortunately isn't a genny, so I may not post that one here, but I did just get my Nextasis24 Collector's Edition in the mail!! I've attached a shot of my unboxing + 30mm extension tank it came with, a shot of it on my FMB, a comparison between a regular Nextasis (left) and the 24 (right) as well as a pic of a friend's Nextasis24 (the one with the red tip) atop a mod that gives a better shot of it.

Serial #070 and man oh man the thing is gorgeous. Very honored to have this one in my collection. I'll tell ya, it's a relief to have a 6ml capacity on this thing... I vape the Nextasis with such frequency, the extra volume is very much appreciated.

Stasis24 2.jpg
Stasis24 1.jpg
Stasis 3.JPG
Stasis 4.JPG

Vaya

ECF Veteran
@GrowthCurve Thats funny - while not often, per se, I have discovered the merits of 'sewing' my coils as well. I find that when I'm "pulling the thread through the eye of the needle" - that is, once i've began my coil lead around the wick and through the gap between the wick and positive post and am pulling it, I can get the tightness of the coil exactly where I want it to be - not choking, but tightly enough that it retains its shape and accurately 'hugs' the wick. Too tight or too loose, as I'm sure we all know by now, can be disastrous in different ways for a genny setup!

Are your Poldiacs authentic? I bought one on behalf of Vaslovik (who I dont believe frequents this site anymore) but only transferred it from the box shipped to me, to the box I was shipping to her. I didnt get to use it, but it felt just awesome. I love the concept, and i LOVE mod designs from Greece! (Vapeware Mods, Golden Greek, Vape Workers, MMV...) They seem to ubiquitously be engineering feats of grandeur with aesthetics to boot across the board.

I would love to have a Hellfire genny, but i don't see it happening. I'll just have to be content with drooling over pix!!

I'll keep an eye out for you. I belong to quite a number of online vape marketplaces and have seen them come up with somewhat of a frequency. I'll reach out to you if something comes up.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
=D

GrowthCurve

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Rust Belt
IMG_4361.JPG
Thank You @Vaya !!
Yes the Poldis are authentic, with paperwork. Bought them in 2014, MM was in better shape then. MM company is really nice!! I ordered Temon 510 bases to make them stand alone attys. MM accidentally shipped bases for the Mini DiD.
I asked for the Temons in an email, and asked if i should arrange to send the mini Did parts back? They said no, and fixed the problem!!

I ruined the rhodium plating on the rice pin and the contacts. I can disassemble the mod and polish it up and reassemble it. I mean that whole assembly--torn down. But firing is always hit or miss. I just prefer mods that are easier; in the right hands, and not being subjected to my destructo-fingers--the Poldiac really is a thing of beauty. Mine are both Anames. And very pretty. 0146 i think is one of the serial numbers.

I really don't deserve a Hellfire, lolol!! I really like looking at these new high-end gennys with the reduced chamber. That new genny Nextasis that you got looks really nice!!

I am really glad that i finally found a build for that DiD that makes sense. I never understood why a fat wick that fills up the giant wickhole would never taste right. I have a 0.4Ω coil, very spongey not tight rolled wick.
Because i have tried solid globs of mesh, thin straws, you name it. This build hasn't dry hit once, and is--surprisingly a cool vape and not hot.
I think thin little wicks--small gauge wire, medium wicks like a 2.5--28g or 30g, and fat wicks go whole hog with some 26g.
Well, i'm catching a cold, gonna go to sleep!!

Take care, Genny Family!!

Last edited:

Vaya

ECF Veteran
I love building with mesh when the build bug hits. So far I have been successful in building a Le Magister and Le Zephyr. using the 325 and 50\50 - 30\70 PG\VG juices.

Hahaha - you know how I know you're old school? You've listed the juice ratio with PG first! I always do that and it drives people nuts these days. But I dig that!

Tagi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2014
Dallas Texas
Hahaha - you know how I know you're old school? You've listed the juice ratio with PG first! I always do that and it drives people nuts these days. But I dig that!

Lol. I am glad I am not the only one that does that. It bugs me when I see it the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread