Indulgence Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

boz

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
Hi All,

I had been waiting for the MegaDon for my Mako but they have been farting around so long that I decided to buy something else. I had checked many reviews and feedback on numerous units and finally decided that, at the price, the Indulgence would be a good bet on a budget priced big battery mod that sounded like it would met my needs.

OK, I placed my order that arrived to Australia very quickly I must say. I got the basic unit, the extension tube and have all the different caps for different atomizers/cartomizers. The gear arrived simply but safely packed in a sturdy box that had to be signed for, very good. I pulled apart all the packaging and sorted out my parts.

First, this is a very large unit. Don't expect something petite, this is a beast. The main basic unit takes an 18350 battery. I am still waiting on my order of 18350s so I can't comment on the performance except that I installed a 16340 with magnetic spacers (more on spacers to come) and it performed perfectly well and I expect that the 18350s will perform much better in this format, the basic unit is very compact and a pleasure to use with a LR attie.

Now, the technical aspects. The whole of the unit components ie, battery holder, switch unit, and atomizer caps are very thin and caution must be taken when screwing them together as it would be very easy to destroy the threads on such a fine threading. So don't be a gorilla when using the Indulgence and you will be fine. The atti caps, the Indulgence comes with 4 atti caps that are sealed units that can not let liquid in. Any excess liquid just runs down the body and is easily cleaned. The supplied caps are m401/402, DSE901,DSE801 and a JOYE510. I'm a bit of a 901 fan so naturally I installed it and screwed on a fresh 901 cartomizer. The 901 performed perfectly on both the small battery and the large batteries. Once again, be careful screwing on atties or catos as you could easily cross thread. Again, unless you are Hulk Hogan, you wont have any problems unless you are in a rush and don't take due care. I also tried the 510 and as expected I had no problems and the unit worked flawlessly.

The switch unit. This, I have to say was a great surprise. The switch is very positive and makes an audible clicking sound and the feel is very tactile. It feels very solid and I would be surprised if this switch plays up any time soon. In short, I love it. Once again, the switch unit must be screwed on with care, let's just take it as given that all threads and screwing must be given due care as they are very thin and I wont mention this again.

Now for the extender tube. The extender tube is meant to be used with an 18650 battery, however, on installing an AW 18650 battery, it was a good 7 to 8mm short of reaching the battery terminal. The supplied 18650 3000mah battery is protected and about 7mm longer than the AW but I still had to use at least one 1mm magnetic spacer to make good contact. This tube is perfect for a pair of 18350s using a Buzz Terminator to adjust the voltage. This was my intent when I purchased the Indulgence and I'm looking forward to my Terminator and 18350s to arrive to get the max out of this extension tube.

To sum up, I would highly recommend the Indulgence to anyone wanting a small discrete unit with a great switch unit and many different varieties of caps for atties, or as a large battery mod to use with an 18650 (albeit you will need spacers) with a LR attie, or as a 7.4v unit that can be regulated with a Terminator using the thicker 18350s for higher Mah batteries.

Pros: Very good price for what you get. You get 4 caps with fitted threads for different atties. The small tube is very discrete and easily fits into even a woman's hand for easy use. The extender tube is huge and can take whatever you want to throw in there. Mega pro, the switch unit is great, I feel there is enough room in this section to put some electronics in, like variable voltage or a regulator or pulse unit of some sort. Maybe in the future they can look into this as there really is a lot of room in that switch unit for some funky electronics. Also, I have to say that the extender tube used with a LR attie is fantastic, so that is is extra plus.

Cons: The only cons to this unit is how thin the tube walls are and the flimsy threads. But, as I said earlier, if you are careful and not an impatient Neanderthal you can carefully screw all the sections together without any problem and they work perfectly. The only other con, which if you have magnetic spacers at hand doesn't matter, is that the tubes are a tad long. However, who here wouldn't rather a tube too long than too short. Say no more.

Final thoughts: Buy it and buy the extender. I don't need the passthrough as I already have a 510 passthrough that I only use when I have stupidly forgotten to charge batteries. Final comment, get it and get the extender, you wont be disappointed, but don't be a bloodly trog when you screw the units together. The unit is very robust once assembled and there is nothing to worry about in that regard. Let me make myself clear, this is a rugged unit that needs care while threading the sections together. I highly recommend this as a great value and great performing mod that is hard to beat, I should know, I've tried enough to have a good idea by now.

I paid for all this gear so my opinions are unaffected by any financial influence. I love this unit, but be gentle.

Cheers,
uneverno
:thumb::thumb: Two thumbs up.

Last edited:

dskarpus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Manhattan Upper West Side
Good review. I have a small problem with it. I find that the unit is practically impervious to destruction. I have had it roll off my table (gotta fix that slant!), started stripping the threads then reinserted correctly and dinged it innumerable times. It only has few barely noticeable scratches and no dents. It really is a lot tougher than it seems at first glance.
Funny_Pictures_18014.jpg

boz

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
Good review. I have a small problem with it. I find that the unit is practically impervious to destruction. I have had it roll off my table (gotta fix that slant!), started stripping the threads then reinserted correctly and dinged it innumerable times. It only has few barely noticeable scratches and no dents. It really is a lot tougher than it seems at first glance.
Hi, I'm not saying the unit is flimsy, I'm just saying that care needs to be taken when threading the sections as it would be very easy to cross thread if you are not careful. The unit is very robust once assembled and there is nothing to worry about in that regard. So, I'm sorry if I didn't make myself clear, this is a rugged unit that needs care while threading the sections together. I highly recommend this as a great value and great performing mod that is hard to beat, I should know, I've tried enough to have a good idea by now.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Yes,

you are both correct here

Indulgence is a robust PV, and extremely versatile,

but sometimes the threads are a bit tight, and stick a bit,

you do have to thread them carefully sometimes,

but if I get some parts that are hard to screw,

I screw them and unscrew them 3 or 4 times

and that seems to ease it up OK.

I use a drop of Emu Oil on the threads,

and many of you have suggested the Noalex,

I am sure these or a drop of Fine machine oil

will solve any tight thread screwing problems.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
uneverno, David, Di,

My bad!

So sorry!

Can I ask this then? or will I get <SNIPPED> again, lol!

Do I need a <SNIP> to use my WONDERFUL, GREAT, MINDBLOWING, Indulgence at 7.4v?

BTW - Di, I took your advice concerning the appearance of my unit. It now looks way better. Tanks :)

you will not need any <SNIP > adapter to use your Indulgence - hahahah - at 7.4 volts

The indulgence can use any batteries and any attomizers -----

if you can fit the 7.4volts batteries into Indulgence,

and get a 7.4Volts tolerant atty

and it should work just fine -------

but I give you absolutley NO guarantee how long your atty will last -- hahahahahahaha

and I will be sitting here waiting for you

with a bucket of ice to stick your head into

after you blow your mind -- lol - hahahhahaahahah

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I don't understand whats the problem here regarding to running the indulgence at 7.2-7.4v I have no issues with running mine at these voltages ????

thanks MWA -----

As I stated -------------

but I give you absolutley NO guarantee how long your atty will last -- hahahahahahaha

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla

you will not need any <SNIP > adapter to use your Indulgence - hahahah - at 7.4 volts

and I will be sitting here waiting for you

with a bucket of ice to stick your head into

after you blow your mind -- lol - hahahhahaahahah

Simply put a 5.2 Ohm Atty works awesome at 7.4 and the Indulgence puts out plumes of vapor and great taste under my roof at this, I prefer 7.2 however with the 5.2 ohm Atty.!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread