Never tried a genny, looking at the Avocado 24 and the Theorem

Status
Not open for further replies.

6steelstrings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
North Carolina Triad
My vaping progression has gone from clearomizers to Kayfuns, to velocity deck RTAs with wide bore drip tips and RDAs. Until today I had never even heard of a Genesis style tank.

In researching them, the Avocado 24 and the Wismec Theorem caught my eye and both seem really interesting. It seems to me that a Genesis combines the flavor that you would get from a dripper with the portability that an RTA gives you.

In trying to decide which to buy, I like the radical looks of the Theorem but my practical side says that I should go for the more conservative design of the Avocado.

Does anyone here have any experience with these attys?

I know, I know, just buy both. Don't tempt me because I will.

Reactions: SkvLTD

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
They both seem to have their followers, and both seem to be a decent tank, so its really a matter of which looks best for your way of vaping. They both seem to have wide open air-flow, while most genesis tanks have a more closed air-flow than they do, and some down to a 1mm hole.

You will hear here though that these are not really classed as Genesis atomisers. They are more correctly said to be auto-drippers. genesis tanks use a mesh or SS Rope wick and not cotton.

Most of us that use Genesis tanks think that using a mesh wick is fundamental in a Genny. No cotton! The taste you get from a mesh or SS Rope genesis tank is thought to be superior to a cotton wick, and besides which its a whole lot easier to maintain, as you don't have to keep changing out the cotton in there.

I certainly think that Mesh tastes a whole lot better than cotton... yes its harder to install in the first place and there is a bit of a learning curve, but there are plenty of videos on YouTube to show you how its done.

Once you master that, there is a whole world of Genesis atomisers out there that will give you some of the best taste you will get from vaping.

As an aside, one of the easiest tanks to learn on is the humble Smok RSST. (if you can find one now) insulated wick holes so less shorting out, and simple to build on, and a great vape.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do, but do consider a mesh or SS rope build Genny, you would not regret it.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Fate has decided for me. I place a bid on a Wismec Theorem on eBay for $16 and won, with free shipping. Not too shabby. So soon I will have a new toy to play with.
From reading the other atties you have, I think you'll like it better.
I have both, the Avacodo is easier to build, but harder to wick. I like the flavor of the Theorum better and I can control the airflow better. Even with the afc shut down on a single coil build, it's still airier than I care for.

Vaya

ECF Veteran
As @Taff Evans pointed out, neither of these are genesis devices... they are RDTA's (aka "auto-drippers"). Why they would be marked as 'genesis-style' is beyond me!

At any rate, I've never tried the Avocado. The Theorem was, to me, kind of a piece of garbage. interesting design, but the glass inner tank being literally held to the SS outer sleeve with glue that separated instantly the minute I unboxed the thing was my first warning sign. The notch coils were unnecessary novelties, and the thing came pre-wicked with sooooooo much cotton, it was astounding. Rebuilding the thing, too, proved awkward and I ended up just giving the thing away after a few weeks.

Best part was the drip tip :) after I got a custom glass tank for my Nextiny, I realized that this was the *perfect* tip for it and was so happy that I kept it :D

Reactions: Innova

6steelstrings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
North Carolina Triad
I have had my Theorem for about a week now and here are my thoughts. It is very easy to wick. The glass tank is nearly impossible to get off of the deck. The fill hole is too far down to fill the tank easily unless you use a dropper, a syringe or a unicorn bottle with a very long nozzle. The top cap comes off too easily and if you are not using the silicone block, the top cap will just fall off. I think it looks really cool.The flavor is absolutely incredible!

There are numerous cons and the incredible flavor, and the cool looks, in my opinion, are the only pros. Wismec needs to do a lot of work to make this rdta better. It has great potential and if they could fix the flaws that it has they will have a real winner.

Reactions: SkvLTD

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
There are numerous cons and the incredible flavor, and the cool looks, in my opinion, are the only pros. Wismec needs to do a lot of work to make this rdta better. It has great potential and if they could fix the flaws that it has they will have a real winner.

Would you rather the glass pop right off? I feel that lots of glass complaints are from folk who don't know how to work this kinda setup.... And idea is that this is a single coil, easy-fill simple and leak-proof atty and just that. You don't wanna get it expecting it to do what it wasn't designed to do. Also, and I myself missed this initially - the chamber block piece DOES have an air channel running through it if you want dual/bottom air flow as well, so there's no real reason to pop it off completely.

Reactions: Ben85

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
I worked with a buttload of tanks and only broken two glass sections. One on a Bachelor from dropping it, and one on the Theorum, I heard it go "ting" 20min after I'd just cleaned and refilled it as I was vaping away in my recliner.

Did Wismec perhaps fix the tanks in their later batches? I got mine late August and am YET to have any sort of issue with it.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Did Wismec perhaps fix the tanks in their later batches? I got mine late August and am YET to have any sort of issue with it.
I've no idea, I'd like to think, hope, they did?
I contacted them because of mine, and several others here, had problems and was basicly told they didn't give a rip! That was the final nail in the Wismec coffin for me! They'll never see another dime of my money.

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
I've no idea, I'd like to think, hope, they did?
I contacted them because of mine, and several others here, had problems and was basicly told they didn't give a rip! That was the final nail in the Wismec coffin for me! They'll never see another dime of my money.

That sucks, but they're not the only ones who don't offer replacements for glass. Look at Kidney Puncher and their shipping policies for example. KP is a pretty decent site otherwise, but I hear flak about that lots of times. Also reason why there are spare glasses included with lots of tanks today.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
That sucks, but they're not the only ones who don't offer replacements for glass. Look at Kidney Puncher and their shipping policies for example. KP is a pretty decent site otherwise, but I hear flak about that lots of times. Also reason why there are spare glasses included with lots of tanks today.
Funny thing is, I didn't even ask for a new glass, just wanted them to know there was an issue!
I've run the second glass four? months now with no issues at all. But, I baby the crap out of it since then! I know of at least two members here that went through two glasses in a week? To me that indicates a problem with something?
Like I say, it's a neat tank with better flavor than the Avacodo but the Avacodo is easier for me to deal with. If a used Theorum came up for the right price, I'd jump all over it! But I won't buy anything new from Wismec because I don't support their practices.

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
Funny thing is, I didn't even ask for a new glass, just wanted them to know there was an issue!
I've run the second glass four? months now with no issues at all. But, I baby the crap out of it since then!

Then perhaps they did fix the QC? Statistics matter a whole lot - say 10 notices vs lets say 1000 units sold isn't really a merit for worry vs say 50% or higher.

6steelstrings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
North Carolina Triad
Would you rather the glass pop right off? I feel that lots of glass complaints are from folk who don't know how to work this kinda setup.... And idea is that this is a single coil, easy-fill simple and leak-proof atty and just that. You don't wanna get it expecting it to do what it wasn't designed to do. Also, and I myself missed this initially - the chamber block piece DOES have an air channel running through it if you want dual/bottom air flow as well, so there's no real reason to pop it off completely.
I have taken what you have said to heart and I realise that you are exactly right. I had been trying to make the Theorem something that it is not. This morning I removed the notch coil and replaced it with a 5 wrap fused clapton coil and I do like this build much better than the notch coil. Today was a work at my home office day and I have to say that this is where the Theorem shines. I sat a my desk most of the day and happily vaped with the Theorem and enjoyed it very much. I realise now that the Theorem cannot be a replacement for an RTA like the Griffin or the Aromamizer. It just isn't designed to be used that way. Basically it is a modified dripper or hybrid dripper and not meant to be a pocketable item. I have really enjoyed sitting in the comfort of my home office and happily vaping away with this really cool atomizer.

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
I have actually been usng the Avocado since the original release of the 22.

They are all I use. They don't leak, easy to build, easier to wick, best flavor I have ever had and nice puffy clouds.

Never tried the Theorem but there is one in the Classifieds I am thinking of snagging.

If you like the Avocado, I don't think you will like the Theorem. I use 2 22mm Avos daily. I don't like the airflow on the Theorem or removing the glass to wick or build.

Scy123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2014
Canada
Theorem can do mesh as well. I like it a lot. Not really my every day vape but it's different and works well.

nJMW2XC.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread