Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The bigger the clouds in their vids the more sales for the manufacturers.

TC gives a softer more controlled vape.
I use both power and TC.

Ever notice how it can be the Middle of August, and be about 10 Degrees cooler outside then High Noon on Mercury, and a YouTube reviewer is wearing a Long Sleeve Hoodie?

I think with some of the Temperatures those reviews set the A/C at to do those Vids that they could still Blow Clouds using 100% PG e-Liquids.

LOL

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Ever notice how it can be the Middle of August, and be about 10 Degrees cooler outside then High Noon on Mercury, and a YouTube reviewer is wearing a Long Sleeve Hoodie?

I think with some of the Temperatures those reviews set the A/C at to do those Vids that they could still Blow Clouds using 100% PG e-Liquids.

LOL
I do notice I have to adjust TC based on ambient... don't have to adjust as much when running VW...

But the main thing is TC is New....heck sub ohm regulated VV/VW vaping is really only a couple years old.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Easy to understand. Alot of people don't want to deal with complex settings on their mod. And then there's the various types of wire. And alot of people resented the big push to temp control on their mods in the first place....now you can rarely find a non temp control mod anywhere. Depends on your preferences.....say....do you want a phone that's easy to use, or one that takes 3 weeks to master and a constant look at the manual.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Another reason why the reviewers prefer wattage mode... Have you seen the amount of tanks and devices on their shelves? Do they know which tanks have a nickle coil, Ti coil, SS or kanthal?

I have only 4 tanks in use, 2 with NI200 coils.
Putting either one of those 2 on a device set to power mode and taking a vape will make me realize very quickly I've made a mistake.

I can only imagine if I had 10 tanks or more, some with nickle coils in them, how often I'd make that ghastly mistake. I'd prolly be ditching any coil that must be run under TC mode pretty quickly too! Cheers.

OhTheAgony

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Netherlands
I think the main reason people don't switch to TC that easily is that we are creatures of habits. We don't like change and having to adapt to something new but rather stick to what we know.

<---- uses nothing but TC by the way :)

This is a good example:

Easy to understand. Alot of people don't want to deal with complex settings on their mod. And then there's the various types of wire. And alot of people resented the big push to temp control on their mods in the first place....now you can rarely find a non temp control mod anywhere. Depends on your preferences.....say....do you want a phone that's easy to use, or one that takes 3 weeks to master and a constant look at the manual.

Because if he'd actually tried it he'd know there was nothing to master. Just set the type of wire you use and choose the temp of preference like you would your wattage of preference & voila; you're vaping with TC.

The biggest change will probably be what builds and wire you use, which can cost some time to experiment with.

But to each there own, whatever works for you.

Last edited:

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
Most of us I think, back when we started, were looking for something that just worked. Relatively plug and play to get us off the stinkies in the quickest most dependable way.

As we progress some of us "geek out" on different aspects of vaping. It is our individual choice. Some geek out on DIY juice and go all in on protective equipment, graduated cylinders, beakers, magnetic stirrers, scales, the list is almost endless and then there are all the flavourings....

Some others of us start geeking out on rebuildables. There are dozens or even hundreds of different ways to make a coil to vapourize e-liquid...

Others geek out on all the different and new equipment and go on a quest to own everything on the market...

There really is nothing wrong with each of us choosing the aspect(s) that interest us the most and geeking out in that area if we choose. Really, I think it is a good thing and very necessary for some of us.

Q the newcomer! He/she happens along and sees all this geekiness and thinks this is how it needs to be for them! If they choose DIY for example. They do not need magnetic stirrers, beakers, graduated cylinders or over the top protective gear to try DIY, but they may think they do and pass on it. To this day I have none of these, yet have been making almost all the juice I can vape for almost 5 years.

Same with the coils, it can be a simple 5 or 6 wrap SS COIL or one of the fancy builds that might take all day to make. 24G, 28G, 32G twisted wire, ribbon wire etc. etc.The newcomer sees how involved rebuilding can be and says NO it's not for me, too involved.

Then TC comes along (a truly great advancement imo) Nickel, Titanium, SS, plus newer ones and TCR settings and, and, and.
Too much involvement and investment of time.

But none of these aspects of vaping require a huge amount of investment in time or money to find a great vape, unless one chooses to geek right out.

We can make vaping as complicated, or as simple as we like.
TC doesn't have to be complicated. Once it's set, one only needs to adjust the temp up or down to taste, depending on the juice or time of day, or whatever.
The benefit is being able to take as big a puff as you want and not ever worry about a dry hit. Forget to drip? Forget to top up your tank? No probs!
TC has got your back, enjoy!

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I use an LG Flip phone.

The Note 2 I'm using for this response is not in service.... it my grandsons TABLET.

The only advantage I see for TC is no burnt wicks. Seems to use more juice and battery than VW or Battery voltage.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina
Most of us I think, back when we started, were looking for something that just worked. Relatively plug and play to get us off the stinkies in the quickest most dependable way.

As we progress some of us "geek out" on different aspects of vaping. It is our individual choice. Some geek out on DIY juice and go all in on protective equipment, graduated cylinders, beakers, magnetic stirrers, scales, the list is almost endless and then there are all the flavourings....

Some others of us start geeking out on rebuildables. There are dozens or even hundreds of different ways to make a coil to vapourize e-liquid...

Others geek out on all the different and new equipment and go on a quest to own everything on the market...

There really is nothing wrong with each of us choosing the aspect(s) that interest us the most and geeking out in that area if we choose. Really, I think it is a good thing and very necessary for some of us.

Q the newcomer! He/she happens along and sees all this geekiness and thinks this is how it needs to be for them! If they choose DIY for example. They do not need magnetic stirrers, beakers, graduated cylinders or over the top protective gear to try DIY, but they may think they do and pass on it. To this day I have none of these, yet have been making almost all the juice I can vape for almost 5 years.

Same with the coils, it can be a simple 5 or 6 wrap SS COIL or one of the fancy builds that might take all day to make. 24G, 28G, 32G twisted wire, ribbon wire etc. etc.The newcomer sees how involved rebuilding can be and says NO it's not for me, too involved.

Then TC comes along (a truly great advancement imo) Nickel, Titanium, SS, plus newer ones and TCR settings and, and, and.
Too much involvement and investment of time.

But none of these aspects of vaping require a huge amount of investment in time or money to find a great vape, unless one chooses to geek right out.

We can make vaping as complicated, or as simple as we like.
TC doesn't have to be complicated. Once it's set, one only needs to adjust the temp up or down to taste, depending on the juice or time of day, or whatever.
The benefit is being able to take as big a puff as you want and not ever worry about a dry hit. Forget to drip? Forget to top up your tank? No probs!
TC has got your back, enjoy!

I geeked out on this post. Very well said...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread