• Button on bottom for thumb

• Either / Don't have a preference

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Argent009

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
I can't believe this site is allowing a clear ripoff company to have any space on here to try to steal from more people. I know I am FAR from the only one who has been ripped off by this company. On 3 different orders.

Problems started when the site REFUSED to allow me to put my correct state into the order form. No matter how many times I'd put Philadelphia, PENNSYLVANIA, it always changed it back to ALABAMA. I contacted them about that at least 10 times and they never fixed it.

I ordered a Kissbox Extended Classic, the most expensive ecig I've purchased to date. So far I've still only gotten a partial order there with lies about the rest of it being shipped many weeks ago.

I ordered the Dura-C and that took two and a half months to arrive, with one incorrect atomizer.

I ordered cartridges for my Kissbox, those have never arrived and it's also been well over a month.

They aren't listed with the Better Business Bureau, Reseller Ratings or anyone reputable to file complaints through. So I'll have to file a PayPal complaint and attach a complaint to my associated credit card or bank (I forget which I used).

This company is IN NO WAY REPUTABLE. If you trust them, you're asking to be ripped off!

I wish they WERE reputable, because the products themselves are very nice indeed. But if I can't get supplies for them and I'm only going to get partial orders, they could be made out of solid platinum and diamond encrusted and it would not matter.

strayling

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2009
Seattle, USA
Their site insisted on putting me in Alabama too. I emailed them and although it still had the wrong address on the site the package arrived with the correct address.

They've also responded quickly to a request for warranty replacement of a couple of atomisers. I know they had some problems with delivery of stock but they seem to be past them now.

I'm not trying to minimise your experience, only to say that it's not necessarily typical.

Last edited:

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Janty ordering was never a problem for me. Getting warranty replacement parts during the recent shortage of devices and accessories was a bit more challenging. Though I have not been overly impressed with JantyUSA customer service recently during the shortage of devices and accessories, I honestly believe he will make good on all orders.

FYI...If you need Janty stuff, you can also get them through DietSmokes.

windblown

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2008
USA
Sounds like it is hit or miss with Janty. I see lots of happy customers, and a few un happy.

The thing is, the un happy tend to post more than the happy.

You are correct that unhappy people tend to post more, so I think I owe it to Janty, and to other members, to tell about my own experience.

I have been buying from JantyUSA since the day they opened for business. My orders have always arrived promptly and any problems were handled immediately to my complete satisfaction. Jeff has always gone far beyond the call of duty, and is always warm and friendly. My latest order was a couple of weeks ago, and it arrived 2 or 3 days after it was placed.

My Kissbox will be 9 months old in a couple of weeks. I use it everyday, and am still using the original atomizers and batteries. I have never cleaned the atomizers, except to blow them out occasionally. I think they have lasted so long because I only use Janty e-liquid to refill the carts. Tests by Knutselpeter showed the Janty e-liquid to be exceptionally clean burning.

I also have the original Dura.....Jeff replaced the first batteries that were not working properly, along with some extra carts for my inconvenience. Those batteries still work fine, so I never asked for the Dura C batteries.

Of course, every experience is different, so that is not to say that mistakes don't happen. Janty has led the field in the development of new creative products, so they have had to deal with the birth pangs of new releases. However, they always keep at it until they get it right. I personally can't wait for the Jantystick and e-Hookah.

To Jeff, I would like to take this opportunity to express my appreciation for the excellent service. Thanks, Jeff.......you rock!!! :wub:

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
The OP charged a company as being a ripoff site. I don't know what the definition he has or you have of a ripoff site, but mine would be that every single transaction made is bogus or a con to steal money from unwitting consumers.

I was just pointing out that to label a company a ripoff site would only be accurate if I had been ripped off, which I was not. The real definition of Janty should be that they are not consistent and have been providing bad service to some people. To call them a ripoff site is defamatory.

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
The OP charged a company as being a ripoff site. I don't know what the definition he has or you have of a ripoff site, but mine would be that every single transaction made is bogus or a con to steal money from unwitting consumers.

I was just pointing out that to label a company a ripoff site would only be accurate if I had been ripped off, which I was not. The real definition of Janty should be that they are not consistent and have been providing bad service to some people. To call them a ripoff site is defamatory.

I'm not going to rehash my experience with them. Suffice it to say that I was lied to (and I don't use that word lightly, I have proof) repeatedly, and was only refunded money when it came down to strong-arm tactics.

My point being, any time a person has a complaint, cheerleaders come out of the woodwork. This is the OP's thread addressing bad issues. The following isn't addressed to you or anyone in particular... If folks want to cheerlead, then start your own thread. If you have constructive advice to help resolve the situation, post away. I'm sick of every time someone has a bad thing to say that others feel the need to come blow smoke (or vapor) up everyone's asses.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
If you have constructive advice to help resolve the situation, post away. I'm sick of every time someone has a bad thing to say that others feel the need to come blow smoke (or vapor) up everyone's asses.

Hey Walrus, damn but I like the perspective I see in your posts! Well said sir, well said.

I for one;
Will not comment on JantyUSA, Will not comment on JantyUSA, Will not comment on JantyUSA,

Later...

robw

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2008
Austin Texas
Well Walrus, I agree with you, but also disagree. Ill tell you why. If you go into the forum for a different vendor that sells smiles, he deletes or alters posts that are negative, and replaces them with happy thoughts. Many agree that is unethical and misleads people.

There are always 2 sides to a story, and I think the purpose of public forums is to allow EVERYONE a say. So while I agree with you that Janty should be on top of this and taking care of their customers better, I disagree that it is wrong of others to tell the other end of the story, and yes be cheerleaders or fanboys or what ever label you prefer to call someone who you tend to not agree with.

By the way, I have no problem with complaining about a vendor, it helps consumers caveat emptor and forces suppliers to respond or lose business.

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
Well Walrus, I agree with you, but also disagree. Ill tell you why. If you go into the forum for a different vendor that sells smiles, he deletes or alters posts that are negative, and replaces them with happy thoughts. Many agree that is unethical and misleads people.

There are always 2 sides to a story, and I think the purpose of public forums is to allow EVERYONE a say. So while I agree with you that Janty should be on top of this and taking care of their customers better, I disagree that it is wrong of others to tell the other end of the story, and yes be cheerleaders or fanboys or what ever label you prefer to call someone who you tend to not agree with.

By the way, I have no problem with complaining about a vendor, it helps consumers caveat emptor and forces suppliers to respond or lose business.

It doesn't have anything to do with agree or disagree. If this post was intended to get a response (or God forbid, a product) from the supplier, why bog the thread down with pages of "happy" posts? They are off-topic and diminish the weight of the OP's post.

Letzin Hale

Moved On
Dec 28, 2008
I have never had any dealings with Janty and they might well be a good, bad or inconsistent company. People are entitled to relate their experiences and state their opinions. What I find objectionable is, quote:
"I can't believe this site is allowing a clear ripoff company to have any space on here to try to steal from more people. I know I am FAR from the only one who has been ripped off by this company."
We have recently had the saga of a long standing member being banned for making potentially slanderous comments. I'm not an expert on US Law but in the UK a person is innocent until proven guilty in a law court. It's one of the side effects of living in a democracy but one I am happy to accept. So unless Janty has been found guilty of stealing in a court of law it is wrong to make a public accusation. I also do not believe in 'strongarm tactics' to solve simple problems but each to their own I suppose. They can stick to their guns and I will stick to my words.
Alan.

Walrus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Baton Rouge, LA
I have never had any dealings with Janty and they might well be a good, bad or inconsistent company. People are entitled to relate their experiences and state their opinions. What I find objectionable is, quote:
"I can't believe this site is allowing a clear ripoff company to have any space on here to try to steal from more people. I know I am FAR from the only one who has been ripped off by this company."
We have recently had the saga of a long standing member being banned for making potentially slanderous comments. I'm not an expert on US Law but in the UK a person is innocent until proven guilty in a law court. It's one of the side effects of living in a democracy but one I am happy to accept. So unless Janty has been found guilty of stealing in a court of law it is wrong to make a public accusation. I also do not believe in 'strongarm tactics' to solve simple problems but each to their own I suppose. They can stick to their guns and I will stick to my words.
Alan.

There have never been slanderous comments on these forums. Libelous, maybe. Sometimes you have to resort to strong-arming, when weeks of one-way communications don't get any (much less the desired) result. You seem content to go through life as a perpetual victim. Many of us are not.

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
There are always 2 sides to a story, and I think the purpose of public forums is to allow EVERYONE a say.
Yes, however we don't necessarily get to hijack and derail another member's thread to do it. If an accusation is too broad then we feel responsible to say so, but too much beyond that and folks are obliterating the OPs rights to their thread, and Walrus is correct on that.

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
You are correct that unhappy people tend to post more, so I think I owe it to Janty, and to other members, to tell about my own experience.

I have been buying from JantyUSA since the day they opened for business. My orders have always arrived promptly and any problems were handled immediately to my complete satisfaction. Jeff has always gone far beyond the call of duty, and is always warm and friendly. My latest order was a couple of weeks ago, and it arrived 2 or 3 days after it was placed.

My Kissbox will be 9 months old in a couple of weeks. I use it everyday, and am still using the original atomizers and batteries. I have never cleaned the atomizers, except to blow them out occasionally. I think they have lasted so long because I only use Janty e-liquid to refill the carts. Tests by Knutselpeter showed the Janty e-liquid to be exceptionally clean burning.

I also have the original Dura.....Jeff replaced the first batteries that were not working properly, along with some extra carts for my inconvenience. Those batteries still work fine, so I never asked for the Dura C batteries.

Of course, every experience is different, so that is not to say that mistakes don't happen. Janty has led the field in the development of new creative products, so they have had to deal with the birth pangs of new releases. However, they always keep at it until they get it right. I personally can't wait for the Jantystick and e-Hookah.

To Jeff, I would like to take this opportunity to express my appreciation for the excellent service. Thanks, Jeff.......you rock!!! :wub:

Ditto for me

Ethan_Janty

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2008
Fort Worth
Folks, we've been in contact with this individual several times and have issued a full refund for his purchase. There was some confusion as his paypal payment name/info did not match up with any of the other correspondence we received. As most of you know we are not a "Ripoff" site and try our best to run a reputable storefront. Thanks for everyones comments on this thread... Both the positive and negative.

Jeff

sherid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2008
USA
Folks, we've been in contact with this individual several times and have issued a full refund for his purchase. There was some confusion as his paypal payment name/info did not match up with any of the other correspondence we received. As most of you know we are not a "Ripoff" site and try our best to run a reputable storefront. Thanks for everyones comments on this thread... Both the positive and negative.

Jeff
Jeff,
It's hard to believe that this is the same company I deal with all the time. I have never had a bad experience. I was just about to pose a question, a simple thing really. I wondered if the people complaining remembered to add their order number in the comment section at PayPal. Something like that could conceivably cause great confusion in sorting out orders and trying to match names with PayPal ID's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread