Cloupor Sir Lancelot

Status
Not open for further replies.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I have one of these mech mods. I won it in this contest here - *New* Contest hosted by The Vapor Station: Best One Liner Joke. I am pretty hooked on regulated mods and I intend to keep using them, but I would like to at least be able to use this one once in a while. See, without The Kick VW'er installed, an 18650 is not tall enough to use, and neither an 18350 or 18549 will fit correctly. I'm not really even sure where to put the kick (above or below the battery, or even if it matters..) The kick takes up a bit too much space, and I'm not able to thread the device together.. I have looked at a few Youtube clips, and browsed thru a few threads here trying to find a solution, but if anyone can help me, that would be great. Of course, I could just call Vapor Station or ask @eric himself for some help..
    sirlancelot.jpg

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Well I did get it to work for me finally. I used an 18549, which I had tried before, but this time I remembered that I would have to not use a section of the tube, that for some reason I failed to realize at first. :facepalm: Quite an interesting device says I. I still plan to use regulated mods more, but I like this a whole lot more..

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    Loose the kick, brush up on ohms law and build accordingly.
    Check out Badittude's extremely helpful blogs on Mechanicals and enjoy.
    With a mech, you dont need a kick.
    The kick is back in it's box where I intended to keep it anyway, and I'm familiar enough with safety and knowledge issues. I know how to push the right buttons on a calculator anyway! :lol:

Reactions: Kprthevapr

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    If you leave off the kick ring, 18650's should fit.
    Is there an adjustable pin in the top cap? To stop battery rattle?
    There is only one pin in the top, battery to atty, and it's in a rubber grommet. I haven't tried to forcefully adjust it, and I most probably won't. An 18650 fits in, with almost 3/4 of an inch empty space! That's enough room for a lotta rattle!

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    The ring that the top cap is on should come off. That would be the kick ring.
    Here is what my SL (clone) looks like. I have inserted an 18549 and do not use the 3rd from left 'tube part'. The second from left holds the battery/atty pin, and the first from left MUST be used since the 510 threaded connector is there. It seems to me the only solution to be able to use an 18650 is to get a kick that is adjustable (in length). I could take the battery contacts of the kick I have and build an adjustable 'spacer' myself. My neighbor has a welder and copper laying around.. I guess I have reason to get a tap-n-die set now..
    sirlancelot2.jpg

Reactions: Kprthevapr

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    You know what @Ben85, you are correct! I knew that my eyes are certainly not as good as they used to be, but I took a second (hundredth..) look, and 'tube part' #2 in my pic above is separable. Even on the second look I could barely see the line between the two, but thanks to you an 18650 and my SL will meet!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread