Status
Not open for further replies.

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
Oh man, memory lane right here haha. My first proper SS atty was the original, then I picked up the pyrex and a friend of mine lost it the same night at a party.... Then I eventually sold my original to a friend when I upgraded to a Russian 91 clone. I do miss SS mesh wicking - clean, easy to dry burn occasionally right with the coil and to me there was never any metallic flavor, but nice and clean juice flavor as opposed to cotton back in those days.

Biggest difference is probably the japanese organic that became the standard without much of that cotton-y flavor while it breaks in.

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
I agree mate. Only used the original one and not the Pyrex glass one. The RSST is still a very good vape.. I still use mine from time to time, although not as often as i did previously.

Its simple to work on as well with those insulated wick holes, couldn't be much easier!

Time goes by, but still a very good Genny especially for new mesh style vapers... that is IF you can still find one, they are certainly scarce now.

Reactions: SkvLTD

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
Madvapes in fact, $6. Couldn't resist the nostalgia. Noticed they made a dual coil and then an all-in-one for a magneto - pretty neat, although I just can't see myself using non-usb-rechargeable batteries anymore.

EDIT: holy cow! Got their last pyrex one! So btw, do you guys know how well if at all any newer top caps fit on the good old guy? Would be nice to kit bash this a bit for better air and colors and whatnot.

Last edited:

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
I am not sure if they will fit mate, it looks like a completely different atomiser.

One tip I will pass on to you though, if you haven't already got one, is get yourself a Chamber Reducer for the RSST. They just fit into the top cap and transforms the atty into a flavor monster. They are not expensive and worth every last penny.

Can't remember where i got mine from but i am sure a search will throw up one or two for you.

Cheers!

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
I am not sure if they will fit mate, it looks like a completely different atomiser.

One tip I will pass on to you though, if you haven't already got one, is get yourself a Chamber Reducer for the RSST. They just fit into the top cap and transforms the atty into a flavor monster. They are not expensive and worth every last penny.

Can't remember where i got mine from but i am sure a search will throw up one or two for you.

Cheers!

Suppose if anyone still makes those, and for a reasonable price. I never tried one of those back in the day because I moved onto Russian 91 faster than squeezing everything outta the RSST, and I DID put mesh into that tiny atty, so it was the best of both worlds.

Quick search led to a pretty logical solution - using an aluminum can strip to make shift a blocker.

Reactions: Taff Evans

Taff Evans

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2016
wow. $90 flat rate to ship to the Uk!!! DHL only....No thank you. Would have bought 6 of them..but not at that shipping price.. You guys living in the States need to jump in a get a few of these before they run out. Luckily I still have a couple of new ones boxed in my spares drawer!!

GrowthCurve

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Rust Belt
Well damn! Mine already came in from MadVapes, and boooooy I forgot how to setup the mesh.... Gonna take me a bit of old-school tinkering this one..
Fun way to wind down on a Friday nite!!Just got finished policing all of the kanthal and mesh snippets off of the kitchen floor lolol

Reactions: SkvLTD

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
and boooooy I forgot how to setup the mesh.... Gonna take me a bit of old-school tinkering this one..

Not that difficult. Here's how I do it.

I cut out the square and torch it good. Then I roll it up with a piece of silica wick in the middle. The silica helps when I'm playing choo-choo as I've been known to outvape the wicking ability of straight mesh. :D

Wrap your coil, attach, insert mesh and go to town.

SkvLTD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
MD
skvoraltdphoto.com
Not that difficult. Here's how I do it.

I cut out the square and torch it good. Then I roll it up with a piece of silica wick in the middle. The silica helps when I'm playing choo-choo as I've been known to outvape the wicking ability of straight mesh. :D

Wrap your coil, attach, insert mesh and go to town.

Wrapping 28g SS the old school way is easier said than done, haha. And enough of 500 mesh wicks REALLLLLY well. Might try my remainder of 32g nichrome as well for obvious reasons.

The real step is filing/drilling out the air hole because that draw is wayyyy too tight for my recent like.

As far as SS Vape, there are about 3 of them within a drive's reach from me, so perhaps a couple phone calls in the AM to see if any of these locations have those 1$ sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread