Black Label concentrates

Status
Not open for further replies.

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY
I've just received my order from TW with the complete range of black label concentrates.
I will try only a flavour per day to better test them.
Well, i started with the Real Tabs and i've to say i'm really impressed.
this is maybe the first commercial flavour i ever tried that is NOT too sweet.
vaping this thing is really close to smoking real tobacco, in particular the aftertaste reminds me when i was smoking analogues.

So, thumbs up for Nick, you made a great job with this tobacco flavour.

A couple of question for Nick, i won't ask you the formula of course :) but... is there any Tobacco Absolute in the Real Tabs?
It reminds me TA a bit, but this flavour is even better.
What % of real tabs concentrate you suggest to use on the mix? I see 10-25% on the label but it seems to me 6% is strong enough.

Last edited:

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
I've just received my order from TW with the complete range of black label concentrates.
I will try only a flavour per day to better test them.
Well, i started with the Real Tabs and i've to say i'm really impressed.
this is maybe the first commercial flavour i ever tried that is NOT too sweet.
Vaping this thing is really close to smoking real tobacco, in particular the aftertaste reminds me when i was smoking analogues.

So, thumbs up for Nick, you made a great job with this tobacco flavour.

A couple of question for Nick, i won't ask you the formula of course :) but... is there any Tobacco Absolute in the Real Tabs?
It reminds me TA a bit, but this flavour is even better.

The volatiles are fractionated out, so it would probably be classed as essential oil rather than an absolute, but yes, it's tobacco-based. Glad you like it :)

What % of real tabs concentrate you suggest to use on the mix? I see 10-25% on the label but it seems to me 6% is strong enough.

I mix the premixed BL juices at 10%, but some of the folks on the TW forum like it stronger - as ever, personal preferences can vary wildly :)
One size never fits all, so you can never please all the people all the time with a premixed juice - that's why we're so committed to making all the concentrates available for home mixing :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Black Label flavorings (and ejuice) are in US now. Order in.... ;-) Interested in the 'take' on Hylton, Rich Pipe esp. Grabbed a Sour Cherry too because you (Nick), said it had a medicinal aspect - Cheracol was a childhood flavorite ;-) Pretty sure it had codeine. But there was a 'flinty' (licking a wet stone) note too that I liked - sometimes I can taste that in certain red wines - Napa's Shafer mainly.

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
I think you'll like the Sour Cherry - your description sounds awfully like the way folks who don't like the Sour Cherry describe it (it does have a slightly medicinal tang to it, which you either like or don't ;))

The Caramel is sweeter than the Real Tabs, with a touch of caramel. The Rich Pipe is quite sweet and smooth, with notes of toffee, chocolate and nut overlaid on a rich tobacco base (that does uncannily make it sound more like a posh biscuit than an ejuice, I know ;))
A lot of the initial reviewers were disappointed when they saw what they'd been sent, and thought they wouldn't like it because it was "Pipe", but most of them did like it when they tried it (why does everyone think pipe smokers only appreciate rank "bonfire" flavours that stink like burning socks? ;)) Hope you like it too.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I think you'll like the Sour Cherry - your description sounds awfully like the way folks who don't like the Sour Cherry describe it (it does have a slightly medicinal tang to it, which you either like or don't ;))

The Caramel is sweeter than the Real Tabs, with a touch of caramel. The Rich Pipe is quite sweet and smooth, with notes of toffee, chocolate and nut overlaid on a rich tobacco base (that does uncannily make it sound more like a posh biscuit than an ejuice, I know ;))
A lot of the initial reviewers were disappointed when they saw what they'd been sent, and thought they wouldn't like it because it was "Pipe", but most of them did like it when they tried it (why does everyone think pipe smokers only appreciate rank "bonfire" flavours that stink like burning socks? ;)) Hope you like it too.

lol. Shouldn't be long. It's shipped. Thanks for the tasting notes. And I don't know about the pipe bias. Actually, I've found that most cigars don't taste as bad as they smell and most pipe tobacco doesn't taste as good as it smells second hand, but there are many exceptions to that.

Wondering if you ever tried the disposable Ruyan cigar - that is a unique and good, imo, tobacco taste. Also, today, I sold some of the old style Tennessee Cure from JC that I had to someone who wanted it more than I... but wondering if you ever tried that? There's a 'void' in that demand, since the 'new formulation' wasn't even close. It was as well loved as RY4 (and hated - seems that's how that goes). But it was a special ejuice that had many prominant notes going on - that 'non-virginia flue cured' but the true 'fire cured' taste from that region in the US, as well as just the slightest hint of wintergreen (which I don't like normally) and some cherry or almond. Made for a rather good vape and also not so sweet.

I'm holding out hope for the Hylton - wife's favorite vape. She still is smoking a few cigarettes, which is ok but I'm guessing she isn't getting the flavor hit that I am. If it's close with the flavoring I think I'll be able to tweak a batch that might suit her. So far all other hilton flavorings (not many out there) have fallen short. I taste chocolate in Hilton as does she, so perhaps the others might be even closer. I get vanilla in Kent, vanilla and coconut in most Marlboros.... which end up being too sweet. Except for Real Tabs and the non-tobacco/tobacco HR, I'm really enjoying the Absinthe and Ylang Ylang more and more. Lotus flower closing in as well. It's a great variety to have. And it will be hard for new flavors to break into that level, but, if anyone can do it.....

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
lol. Shouldn't be long. It's shipped. Thanks for the tasting notes. And I don't know about the pipe bias. Actually, I've found that most cigars don't taste as bad as they smell and most pipe tobacco doesn't taste as good as it smells second hand, but there are many exceptions to that.

Wondering if you ever tried the disposable Ruyan cigar - that is a unique and good, imo, tobacco taste.

Not sure I've had the genuine Ruyan, but I'm a big fan of the Farsee #2s (panatella-sized - I find the big cigars uncomfortable to hold in the mouth, since they have a hard plastic mouthpiece, unlike the yielding springiness of bunched leaves in an analog cigar.) The flavour is nice and nutty, and not too tobacco-y.
I've also tried the Janty TAWCs, and while the RY4 juice is nice, the auto switches are crap (just can't get a decent draw, since you have to suck so hard.)

Also, today, I sold some of the old style Tennessee Cure from JC that I had to someone who wanted it more than I... but wondering if you ever tried that?

Never tried it, though I used to like the bestecigs.com 'Flue Cured' (before I went off tobacco flavours.)

There's a 'void' in that demand, since the 'new formulation' wasn't even close. It was as well loved as RY4 (and hated - seems that's how that goes). But it was a special ejuice that had many prominant notes going on - that 'non-virginia flue cured' but the true 'fire cured' taste from that region in the US, as well as just the slightest hint of wintergreen (which I don't like normally) and some cherry or almond. Made for a rather good vape and also not so sweet.

Sounds nice.

I'm holding out hope for the Hylton - wife's favorite vape. She still is smoking a few cigarettes, which is ok but I'm guessing she isn't getting the flavor hit that I am. If it's close with the flavoring I think I'll be able to tweak a batch that might suit her. So far all other hilton flavorings (not many out there) have fallen short. I taste chocolate in Hilton as does she, so perhaps the others might be even closer. I get vanilla in Kent, vanilla and coconut in most Marlboros.... which end up being too sweet.

We have a Marlbury Black Label flavour coming out later this month - as well as a few others: Cherry Cheroot, Cuban Cigar, Gallois (French-style Turkish with notes of vervain and pepper,) and Aromatic (Clan-style pipe blend, with notes of eucalyptus, wintergreen and pine.)
Concentrates first, and hopefully premixed to follow (we'll need to get more labels designed and printed for these, since the premixed labels aren't produced inhouse.)

Except for Real Tabs and the non-tobacco/tobacco HR, I'm really enjoying the Absinthe and Ylang Ylang more and more. Lotus flower closing in as well. It's a great variety to have. And it will be hard for new flavors to break into that level, but, if anyone can do it.....

I'll do my best ;)

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY
We have a Marlbury Black Label flavour coming out later this month - as well as a few others: Cherry Cheroot, Cuban Cigar, Gallois (French-style Turkish with notes of vervain and pepper,) and Aromatic (Clan-style pipe blend, with notes of eucalyptus, wintergreen and pine.)
Concentrates first, and hopefully premixed to follow (we'll need to get more labels designed and printed for these, since the premixed labels aren't produced inhouse.)

Ooh..this is great Nick, i'm looking forward to checking these new tobacco's.
I hope there will be a non-sweet one...
for the ones like me that like not-sugary-tobacco juices there's not much choice around.
But i'm quite happy with Real Tabs at the moment :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Nick:Not sure I've had the genuine Ruyan, but I'm a big fan of the Farsee #2s (panatella-sized - I find the big cigars uncomfortable to hold in the mouth, since they have a hard plastic mouthpiece, unlike the yielding springiness of bunched leaves in an analog cigar.)

I was speaking of these:
2pc genuine RUYAN No.1 disposable e-cigars - RUYAN disposable e-cigar Heaven Gifts

While there is a plastic protective tip, it's removable - not shown in picture. And the texture on the tip is similar to a cigar.

All sound very interesting. The old Janty RY4 smoke/pine note really hasn't been duplicated - HR's mesquite note is close though. And I prefer that now.

I'll do my best ;)

And thanks for that. We count on it :)

Nick O'Teen

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2009
Swansea, Wales
www.decadentvapours.com
Nick:Not sure I've had the genuine Ruyan, but I'm a big fan of the Farsee #2s (panatella-sized - I find the big cigars uncomfortable to hold in the mouth, since they have a hard plastic mouthpiece, unlike the yielding springiness of bunched leaves in an analog cigar.)

I was speaking of these:
2pc genuine RUYAN No.1 disposable e-cigars - RUYAN disposable e-cigar Heaven Gifts

While there is a plastic protective tip, it's removable - not shown in picture. And the texture on the tip is similar to a cigar.

I've had a couple that were wrapped in imitation (or maybe even real?) tobacco leaf like that looks to be, but they had different bands, so I don't know if they were genuine Ruyan or copycats. Even though the mouthpieces were covered too, I do find they're still too hard and unyielding to comfortable vape hands-free though - it always feels like it's going to slip out of your teeth (and some of the cheap models with bare plastic mouthpieces even more so!) With a real cigar, you can bite into it to thoroughly secure it.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I've had a couple that were wrapped in imitation (or maybe even real?) tobacco leaf like that looks to be, but they had different bands, so I don't know if they were genuine Ruyan or copycats. Even though the mouthpieces were covered too, I do find they're still too hard and unyielding to comfortable vape hands-free though - it always feels like it's going to slip out of your teeth (and some of the cheap models with bare plastic mouthpieces even more so!) With a real cigar, you can bite into it to thoroughly secure it.

Understood. My point was more about the unique flavoring that these have. I wish Ruyan would sell the ejuice :)

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
I've seen TW added few more flavours for the red label recently including a Ruyan juice, but i don't know if it's the same ruyan juice you're talking about..

Thanks for reminding me - I got some of the flavoring 2 orders ago and haven't gotten around to it. Ruyan 5 - I'm guessing that isn't it but we'll see. That they're using the name though is interesting.... Heaven Gifts, a Ruyan 'affiliate' even, had to change their url (which included 'ruyan' - ruyandirect.com) once Ruyan went to America.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
My assessment so far.... There didn't used to be any 'real tobacco' flavors :) Well, there was some tobacco extract used I'm sure but I first noticed a change in the base where the tobacco was 'up front', imo, when Halo, liberty - ie. the "USA made" nic base started and it seemed like almost all vendors that carried that line, it was the same flavors - likely a new tobacco absolute that was much stronger than anything previous and then allocated amounts for strength - where there was the 'cigar', cigarillo, light cigar, 'standard' etc. Drew from Nhaler added a few more things on his 'spicebacco' and the 'signature' but that tobacco taste was there. And Nick to use your phrase - licking an ashtray - that's what I got from those flavors (although not from habana reserve or the real tabs - although that, RT, could have a small amount in it - I haven't tried the new one yet). Anyway, I can see where a lot of people just coming off cigarettes could like this stuff. I may have in July of last year :) and without going 'snob' it simply doesn't taste that good to me now compared to the 'cleaner' tastes of HR, Absinthe, Real Tabs sent, Ylang Ylang, etc.

I've tried the Hylton and the Rich Pipe. Liking the Rich Pipe a bit more but likely for the stronger 'other' tastes going on. I'll say that so far the other flavors you have added are a good match but the tobacco absolute or whatever that base is is a bit much. I adjusted the mix for the Rich Pipe and that's vaping better. I'm doing the 6-7-17 mix for 11mg - the '7' being the flavoring and for the Rich Pipe I did 5 instead and could go to 4. Seems like you mentioned that one could go easy on these flavors and that would be my advice.

I don't want to slight the Black Label - it's well done and people that are actually looking for those type of flavors will be pleased, imo. And I still have a few more to try out. I just tried it because I knew the guy mixing was good at his profession, and thought I'd try it out :) but if you were the best chef in the world, you could never make anything I'd like with cucumbers either. lol ...or watermelon which to me just tastes like a large cucumber - pretty sure they're in the same family.

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US

Sour Cherry is a winner here! It's as you described it. It does have that almost 'salty'/flinty thing going on. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread