Vaping in a COURT ROOM!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acheron

Jul 20, 2010
irving, tx
So i got my Riva in over the weekend and LOVE it... i can't stand the smell of an analog anymore... am currently vaping cappuccino and its nice... but wanted to share an experiance i had this morning actually... i was in a Court Room awaiting to see the judge to get a speeding ticket moved to a non moving violation... and decided to just see what would happen... as i sit in the back of the court room vaping it was NICE!!! well... untill a Deputy came over cause someone reported that i was chewing on a BULLET!!! ok .. so maybe my platinum Riva does look like an AR round... kinda... well not so much... but i educated him on what it was... and what it did... even took it apart and allowed him to taste it... he was shocked... things were great till the judge, who was now paying attention to the 3 deputies and myself talking in the back corner, asked what was going on... one of the Deputies explained that i was "vaping" in the back of the court room.. the Judge then explained that "Thats ILLEGAL" .... i was shocked... Vaping.. illegal... NEVER!!! so me... being the dumbass/smartass that i am... stood up and replied "Your honor, I have no problem putting this in my pocket and never taking it out in YOUR court room if that is what you are asking, however stating that Vaping is illegal is incorrect.. if you would be so kind to please tell me the law about vaping i would gladly comply" ... well he stood there.. looking and said "put it in your pocket" .. and i did... well after court i was confronted by 4 other on lookers who were smokers... and gave them the link to this forum... and the link to a few distributors that i deal with... one of them got on his IPhone and ordered a kit right in front of me....

Last edited:

Acheron

Jul 20, 2010
irving, tx
The judge must have been having a good day. He could have just as easily nailed you for contempt!

i was aware of that about 10 seconds AFTER i opened my mouth and said what i did... i was thinking "Yep... going to jail for sure!!!" i could just see it... calling my employer.. and explaining i need to be bailed out cause of my mouth...

justincase

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2009
33.98801111° N, 77.90895581° W
Way cool story. To bad the judge wasn't a smoker (well, he may be) and wanted more info on the matter.
Would've been nice to school a judge on e-cigs. We need more of those types on our team. :thumb:
As a side note, you can't get "bailed" out of jail if you are found in contempt. You are stuck there until the judge releases you.

geko

Jun 6, 2010
Arizona
i was aware of that about 10 seconds AFTER i opened my mouth and said what i did... i was thinking "Yep... going to jail for sure!!!" i could just see it... calling my employer.. and explaining i need to be bailed out cause of my mouth...

nah, you prob would have had to take it further for contempt. You said you would comply with his request and then asked for a clarification...nothing wrong with that. In fact it's kinda the judges job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread