Status
Not open for further replies.

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
The New Old West Pahrump Nevada
To celebrate the dawn of a new day.

I'm offering these 20 Brand new Phidias w/ feedimus (unit only) to all ecf readers for $110 usd--free shipping to USA buyers. actual cost to others.

DSC06403-groveofPhidi_cr.jpg

These are the actual units, e-mail me with your pick and I'll give you the payment info and it's yours...first come first pick.

Rows Left to Right A-B-C-D and E for the four face up in the forground.

Row position also left to right (back to front) 1-2-3-4

Example;

The sweet (very dark) looking African Wenge with Paduak inlays laying face up in the front row, second from the left would be E2.

The idea for me was always to get my product into people's hands, once that happens they will sell themselves...

I think this is a good way to test that theory.

e-mail me your choice and mailing info fonosmoak@embarqmail.com and I'll give you my payment info.

As they say on the interweb- WHOO HOO---WOOT!!

It's a brand new Day
Regards
fono

DSC06417-frontsandbacks_cr.jpg

Last edited:

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
...I like the looks of your unit, but how bout splainin it to those of us that are somewhat ignorant as to how it functions, the fittings etc etc etc

Point Taken,

I'll write up a short over view...

In the mean time here's a shot of the inside:

DSC06370.jpg

and a link to my photo site...

Pictures by fophotofile - Photobucket

Thanks for the heads up Wingrider--you para sail? I kite surf...
Regards
fono

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Will it hold an 18650 3000 mah?

Hi Chelseafn,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you...

I could not find that particular 18650 battery on-line, however I can tell you the Phidias will accept the AW 18650 2900 mAh. flat top- which is the longest 18650 I know of, it can also take two 3v. protected batteries for 6v. vaping.

All 18650s are not the same size, although they are named for the size they are supposed to be: 18mm in diameter by 650mm in length.

Regards
fono

jcamacho

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Corpus Christi, Texas
You rock Fono! Got my Feedimus today, a whole 2 days to get here in Texas! This is a beauty and yeah I could use an owner's manual. I got the juice loaded and attached a high drain 18650 with a regular 510 atty and it vapes excellently. I'm going to be playing with an LR306 and LR510 and see whats that like. I have other bottom feeders but none like this one-a beauty. I was used to pushing a juice bottle but once closed you can't on the Feedimus. So how do you reload it? I read elsewhere that you turn it upside down but how long and do you inhale while doing this? Thanks for your generous discount, it's an awesome mod.:vapor::vapor:

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
You rock Fono! Got my Feedimus today, a whole 2 days to get here in Texas! This is a beauty and yeah I could use an owner's manual. I got the juice loaded and attached a high drain 18650 with a regular 510 atty and it vapes excellently. I'm going to be playing with an LR306 and LR510 and see whats that like. I have other bottom feeders but none like this one-a beauty. I was used to pushing a juice bottle but once closed you can't on the Feedimus. So how do you reload it? I read elsewhere that you turn it upside down but how long and do you inhale while doing this? Thanks for your generous discount, it's an awesome mod.:vapor::vapor:

My Pleasure jcamacho.

I guess I really wasn't getting any exposer here on ecf?

Well, it's a brand new day--this sale should fix that.

You have a feed system that works with Gravity rather than against it;

an all surgical stainless steel feed tube feeding the atty--operated by that over sized hand turned totally flush hardwood button--in your case a genuine Purple Heart button.

you simply invert your Phidias and press in on the button to feed it.

Actually there's nothing stopping you from doing the ol' press and suck of the standard against gravity bottom feeders as well.. just remember Long neck beer bottle rules apply. You have to tip your Phidias just past horizontal to submerge the feed cap in the bottle.

Here's some other tips I can offer..

After nearly a month of use I've discovered a few extra things to notice when priming a brand new atty or just contemplating the effects of gravity...

The Zen of gravity feeding an atty.

Things to notice #1.

The first second of a feed button press delivers no juice.

Every feed system must evacuate the air trap in its tube the before any juice can be transported.

This air is pulled back into the bottle through the tube each time the button pressure is relaxed.

The inverted Feedimus system has much less of this air to evacuate than other upright "Against Gravity" sorts with longer, much larger diameter, to the bottom of the bottle tubes...

Things to notice #2.

It's not about pressure it's about time.

Please notice, it does not take much button pressure to induce a drop, in fact an increase in button pressure seems to have no effect whatsoever on the rate of flow!!

Check that out for yourself, It's liberating.

Thick juices require no more button pressure than thin juices, just more time.

How much time? in my experience about four full Mississippi
type seconds: one Mississippi, two Mississippi etc.

The thinest juices maybe 1/3 less than that?

Things to notice #3.

You cannot get more that 4 maybe 5 drops from the most absent minded of long presses.

This is pretty nice because it makes it very hard to flood an atty...

I think, the real value in observing and verifying these 3 things is the final realization that if you just swing your atty toward the ground and press for a while you pretty much cannot go wrong.

It's not like I designed my Phi case to be a juice feeder, it's that it just seems to be a natural for it!

If you can just know these "things" are true, by testing them for yourself, you are on your way to absolutely care free feeding.

I apologies for not posting a total introduction, I didn't know just how cloistered my products have been...

No Biggie, I can fix that..
Congrats jcamacho
fono

I urge you to explore the feed system without an atty or cartomizer on your Phidias--just hold it up side down and press the feed button, you can then watch the drops drip into a new dry atty, maybe refresh a carto or just play around by dripping back into a open top juice bottle.

Gravity feeding virtually eliminates the need for catch basin and delivers the liquid to the pot and wick bridge where it was intended to be...

It's an upside down top feeder without the external tube...

Dang, I better get busy,

No time like the present:

be right back--O' no I didn't answer your question.

How do you fill it, or refill it?

There are three ways--all of which involve taking the atty off first.

1. you can simply remove the entire bottle an feed assembly remove the cap--the hypo is a press fit; I like that, no glue to worry about the toxins of--so the hypo may be loose- just set it aside with the 3 mls cap.

Take your big tanker bottle and drive a paper clip or take a big safety pin and drive that though the nipple of the tanker bottle to increase juice transfer rates...

Then just plug the nipple of the big bottle into the top of the open/uncapped 3 ml. bottle and squeeze air from the 3ml. bottle UP into the big bottle release the pressure and watch your 3ml. bottle fill itself.

takes about three of these press and release deals to fill your bottle

2. once you have this technique down you'll notice you no longer even need to remove the feed assembly from your Phidias---

Just plug the tanker bottle into the exposed hypo end seated in the 510 connector and squeeze and release yourself full...

Hope that made sense...
be back in a bit..
regards
fo

Last edited:

fonosmoak

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2009
Fono:

What size magnet holds the door on the Phidias Woodimus Feedimus. I would like to pick up a few to keep on hand. I am crazy like that If I can lose it I will. LOL thanks

It's a Grade N-52 Rare Earth magnet, 3/16 x 1/16 pretty hard to lose really it's rated at a full pound of lifting force, it's always sticking to something---

Actually I'd suggest you glue it to the chassis fixture---it's strong enough to where it'll actually pull the shorter Orange High Discharge AW batteries out when you open the cover...

Or just send me a return envelope and I'll give you a couple plus a custom off switch insulating wafer...

yes, another Phidias innovation

Right-on
fono

MXBNW

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2010
NW Washingtion
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Thanks I was thinking of gluing it myself. It did pull the battery out and I was quite impressed. I will send you a Return envelop and get one of the switches...
Can you PM me your mailing address. The wife tossed the box already.

Thanks

It's a Grade N-52 Rare Earth magnet, 3/16 x 1/16 pretty hard to lose really it's rated at a full pound of lifting force, it's always sticking to something---

Actually I'd suggest you glue it to the chassis fixture---it's strong enough to where it'll actually pull the shorter Orange High Discharge AW batteries out when you open the cover...

Or just send me a return envelope and I'll give you a couple plus a custom off switch insulating wafer...

yes, another Phidias innovation

Right-on
fono

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread