Whats considered to be the best E-Cig for a newbie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winzz

Aug 17, 2010
Bali - Indonesia
I would more advise on An eGo than a 510, cause anyway if u like it you're gonna upgrade your 510 to an eGo sooner or later...

One of my friends just started vaping, and I made him buy an eGo... result... addicted after two puffs.... :p

When I started my favorites were DSE901 (short) and DSE801 (PenStyle)... kind a have a preference for the 801 but it depends if for you size matters..... :p

Java_Az

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 29, 2010
Colorado
Really would need more info to recommend a kit for you. Like do you want it to look like a cigarette? Do you want longer battery life ? IF you want both which one is more important. Do you plan on refilling your own carts? Also anything else you can think of that you might want out of a kit. Since we are all different i like to know more about the person instead of just recommending what i use.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Depends on what your looking for. Most people entering the vaping world have the mindset that they want one that looks as much like an analog as possible. These are also the people that usually wind up upgrading the quickest due to the smaller batteries not holding a charge very long. If you can go a little bigger then I'd highly recommend going with a EGO, Riva or similar sized kit. If you want to stick with the smaller more cig sized units then the 510 or a mini which I'm not that familiar with specific models would be the way to go.

jmaul99

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2010
Marietta, GA
If you don't care about it looking like a real cig I would go with a 3.7v 510 box mod. You can get the batteries, charger, and a few atty's for the cost of an EGO kit. The big advantage to this is it uses non proprietary batteries that cost about $5 each to replace as opposed to around $20 to replace an EGO battery when it goes bad. You can find a good 3.7v 510 boxmod at Box Mods. If you want it to look somewhat like a real cig then I would go to Electronic Cigarette Supplies & Electronic Cigarette Refills for Name-Brand Electronic Cigarettes! E-Cigs from LiteCigUSA and check out the Hello-016, the X-power, or the Ego.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas

googabee

Aug 28, 2010
Vermont
All I can say is that I wish I had gotten my eGo first, would have saved some cash. Very cool PV!

I'm with her^. Got a 510 kit and ego (mine's called a tornado) at the same time. Like the 510s but I'd recommend the eGo/Riva/Tornado most highly to any noob. I think an eGo/510 compatible pass-thru device w/ AC and/or car adapter can also work great if you hang out on the computer or just the couch for much of the day. I'm using mine probably 90% of the time now so's to spare my batteries.

Sgt.Taz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2010
Chicago,IL.
www.youtube.com
I went with the 510 setup and after 20 days bought and eGO 900mAH. The 510 works with that so no big loss in investment. I needed the smaller cigarette feel to get over the whole analog thing. I also ordered more batteries for my 510 as certain places it's more discrete to use. The eGO is awesome for my non-public use and is a workhorse. But at times I don't want to give the impression I'm taking hits off some less than legal device ;) so I use the slim batteries ( at work ) I've recommended the 510 kits to a few friends and they all are doing well with them.

jons

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2010
Hot Hot Hot South
I bought a 510 and love it. I got the double kit for $39.99 and that was with shipping. Now all in all I'm very happy with it but I do wish I would of bought the ego. It has a bigger battery. So instead of lasting 2 to 3 hours its supose to last 6 to 8 hours. From what I hear the 510 and the ego have the same atomizer and the parts are interchangeable. So its basicly the same thing but with a bigger battery and a cone to slide over it to make it look better. So just save your self some time and get the ego but if you cant afford it like me.... the 510 is the egos little brother and just as good.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I went with the 510 setup and after 20 days bought and eGO 900mAH. The 510 works with that so no big loss in investment. I needed the smaller cigarette feel to get over the whole analog thing. I also ordered more batteries for my 510 as certain places it's more discrete to use. The eGO is awesome for my non-public use and is a workhorse. But at times I don't want to give the impression I'm taking hits off some less than legal device ;) so I use the slim batteries ( at work ) I've recommended the 510 kits to a few friends and they all are doing well with them.

AGREE. I did the exact same thing. Only issue now is I like gadgets and will most likely buy a mod too and hide it from my wife.

todesengel

Sep 16, 2010
Metairie, LA
Thanks for the help everybody. It doesn't have to look like a real cig for me, long battery life would be my main concern. As for filling my own cartos I'm sure I would eventually be doing that but it's not a big issue for me at the moment. Seems like a lot of you guys/gals are recommending the eGo, def gonna be looking into that one.

lmrasch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2010
Oregon
eGo, Riva, Hello, Tornado, I've read good things about all of these. I own an eGo and Riva and like them both :). Please make sure you purchase from a place that has a good warranty, I had 2 Riva batts die on me within minutes of each other and am pretty sure it was a bad atty. It was no big deal tho, because I had a back up to use and the company I had purchased them from sent out replacements the same day as they died. Good customer service and warranty are important, IMO.
Good Luck ~ Lanette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread