Somewhat muted flavor from an RDA compared to a tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumberlack

Feb 5, 2016
Hi mate,
How did you build the smok?
Picture of each build is a great start.
Details about each would also help; Watts, resistance, wire type,wicking etc. Same juice?

Cheers
I
the tfv8 baby is using the manufacturer's T8-core coil (0.15 ohms), i didn't rebuild it. i'm running that at 70 watts.

the RDA is using a 26g twisted 0.28 ohms dual coil, using japanese organic cotton and running at about 80 watts. both are using the same juice for the comparison.

here's a pic of the build (idk how to insert it into thread) imgur.com/a/4mhjB

Jumberlack

Feb 5, 2016
Just look at the RDA... how in the world do you expect to get the same flavor... no sir!! The cube is a clods chucker, not a flavor RDA

[emoji100][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100]
i don't really see what the difference is for an RDA...aside from the style and build quality the only thing that seems to make a difference is the coil build. what's different about a flavor and cloud rda?

Reactions: ej1024

ej1024

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
usa
i don't really see what the difference is for an RDA...aside from the style and build quality the only thing that seems to make a difference is the coil build. what's different about a flavor and cloud rda?

There's a big difference brother...
Cloud RDAS have chuff caps,too much af, big chamber designed...

Flavor RDAS have smaller chambers designed, not to much airflow and they are shorter, like the
Sapor rda, vector rda royal hunter, and many, derringer etc.....more..

with the cube I suggest use the 510 adapter use less AIRFLOW.. adjust wattage as you go...

Reactions: Izan

ej1024

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
usa
There's a big difference
Flavor RDAS are
Shorter
Smaller inner chamber
Not a lot of airflow...
Examples
Vector,sapor,royal hunter,derringer and so many more...

I suggest using the 510 adapter
Use less airflow
Lower or ohms
And use less airflow
Adjust wattage to your liking..[emoji1474]

ej1024

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
usa
There's a big difference
Flavor RDAS are
Shorter
Smaller inner chamber
Not a lot of airflow...
Examples
Vector,sapor,royal hunter,derringer and so many more...

I suggest using the 510 adapter
Use less airflow
Lower or ohms
And use less airflow
Adjust wattage to your liking..[emoji1474]

ej1024

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2014
usa
Not true... if you want to get that cube to give you more flavor, you have to use different coils, you have to find that perfect build for you and the rda... EXPERIMENT ON IT!
Consider the following when building coils
Rda
Wire type nichrome,kanthal, ss, ni80 etc...
Tc/power
Pg/VG
Flavor profile of the jooze
Is it sweet,tangy,tart,sour,nutty, etccc all those have to be considered...now, if you are not flavor chaser like me, you wouldn't know any difference as long as you CLOUDZ BRO![emoji41][emoji100][emoji100][emoji100]
You get better with time, and vaping is SUBJECTIVE!
adnavced vapers/BUILDERS we all know this... you just don't slap a twisted 26 and expect to be great or the same..
I don't use CLEAROS ANYMORE, the last SOT I had was the arctic V1... and I agree the beast by smok is a flavor monster!!!
I don't like buying coil heads..

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
i have a wotofo atty cubed rda and a tfv8 baby tank. i'm getting worse flavor from the rda with a dual twisted 26g coils. why is that? what could i be doing wrong? i could post a picture of my build if it might help. im fairly new to building.

You're not doing anything wrong. Most RDAs are cloud chasers.

If you want a flavor chaser; get a

Darang
Freakshow Mini
Rogue
Stumpy
Bambino
Snub nose
Mako Shorty.

Tanks and RTAs have a very small Chamber where tge vapor can't really expand till it gets to your mouth.

Since RDAs don't have a small Chamber you can stimulate it by using a short RDA.

The freakshow Mini is only 19 mm tall not counting 510 and drip tip.

The Derringer and others listed above is even shorter.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
The difference between you tank and the RDA cones down to the air... air flow vs air volume and the affects of one on the other... both atties might have close to same flow.... but that does not mean they have the same capacity for mixing air with vaporized juice. In both cases the incoming air pushes the vapor out the tip... Ok. But in the atty with the bigger chamber there is more time and space inside the chamber for mixing and dilution of the flavors with the air.

I would try a build on the RDA that is a little faster and hotter for the RDA next time. I would also try to not shrink the build if anything I would try to find a wire combination that would increase surface area.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread