RDA Round-Table Discussion and Lookout

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Finally got my Apocalypse Gen 2 in today. I'm really digging this atty. The vape is similar to the Goon but the airflow adjustment is so much better. You can really close this puppy down to a very tight draw if you want to. The beveled clamp plates make it such a breeze to install your coils. Initial assessment puts the flavor ahead of the Goon but it's not by much. I'm really glad I pulled the trigger on this one.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Marquis - Blow N Out Vapor

I am assuming this is OG? I might would try this RDA again if the price cut this much.

Some of their prices are plain weird. A Marquis for 50, and a Starre tank for 55? Moving on. LOL
I'd be nervous about that being a clone based on the other listings.

Reactions: Mr.Mann

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
I finally received the Prophet RDA from Vaperz Cloud. My initial thoughts are that its a great Atomizer. The gold plated deck is easy to build on and looks gorgeous . The post system works great and besides a little whistling the airflow is smooth and can be throttled down to the very restricted lung hit that I enjoy It works very well with a large single coil and the flavor and vapor is good(not great but its a 24mm RDA and has a giant chuff which are conducive to LOTS O VAPOR but kills some of the flavor). One of my only complaints is the chuff. Its freaking huge and I did not receive a 510 adapter which is kind of a bummer.
Besides that its a pretty nifty RDA that can pump out both flavor and vapor with dual or single coils. I'm beginning to see more and more post less decks and there's a reason for that. They are easy to build on and allow a good amount of freedom on how large you want your coil your positioning and the amount of cotton you use.

I'm necroing this post because I find myself infatuated with bigger airflow attys lately. Are you still using this atty, Sed8? if so, are you still enjoying it?

My wishlist has grown from the Kryten only to also include the Prophet and the Goon LP. The Cosmonaut seems interesting as well and to be honest I wouldn't mind a second Apocalypse.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I'm necroing this post because I find myself infatuated with bigger airflow attys lately. Are you still using this atty, Sed8? if so, are you still enjoying it?

My wishlist has grown from the Kryten only to also include the Prophet and the Goon LP. The Cosmonaut seems interesting as well and to be honest I wouldn't mind a second Apocalypse.
Absolutely the prophet is a great affordable post less RDA. Good build quality great deck (not the biggest fan of the screws but they work) and for a rda with this much real estate the flavor is suprisingly good.

That being said i am going to recommend this before they sell out
Aria x Anarchist Sleeper RDA Black PVD [aria-lv-sleep-blk] - $35.00 : Beyond Vape - Premium Vaporizers, Mods & E-Juices, A Premium Responsive Zen Cart Theme

It is also a postless RDA however its lower profile and its been one of my faves since I got it and the prophet sadly has started to collect dust. Normally the sleeper runs between $70-$75 so this is a steal and it does everything the prophet does just better. The angled flathead screws work great and it vapes great with either a single or dual coils. Not to mention I love the way it looks. Other thoughts on the sleeper

Holds a VERY respectable amount of juice

Despite being a 24mm RDA it is very short so your mouth is practically on top of your coil/coils. Another bonus of this is for the type of RDA this is it has pretty amazing flavor.

Great swooshy airflow that is very smooth and can be throttled down fairly tight or opened up wide for cloud seeds broooooo

Great deck for builders and large coils

Gorgeous looking RDA

All in all I recommend the sleeper over the prophet even though the prophets a great RDA the sleeper IMHO is better and for the sale price right now its a great freaking deal

Reactions: jhhollier

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Absolutely the prophet is a great affordable post less RDA. Good build quality great deck (not the biggest fan of the screws but they work) and for a rda with this much real estate the flavor is suprisingly good.

That being said i am going to recommend this before they sell out
Aria x Anarchist Sleeper RDA Black PVD [aria-lv-sleep-blk] - $35.00 : Beyond Vape - Premium Vaporizers, Mods & E-Juices, A Premium Responsive Zen Cart Theme

It is also a postless RDA however its lower profile and its been one of my faves since I got it and the prophet sadly has started to collect dust. Normally the sleeper runs between $70-$75 so this is a steal and it does everything the prophet does just better. The angled flathead screws work great and it vapes great with either a single or dual coils. Not to mention I love the way it looks. Other thoughts on the sleeper

Holds a VERY respectable amount of juice

Despite being a 24mm RDA it is very short so your mouth is practically on top of your coil/coils. Another bonus of this is for the type of RDA this is it has pretty amazing flavor.

Great swooshy airflow that is very smooth and can be throttled down fairly tight or opened up wide for cloud seeds broooooo

Great deck for builders and large coils

Gorgeous looking RDA

All in all I recommend the sleeper over the prophet even though the prophets a great RDA the sleeper IMHO is better and for the sale price right now its a great freaking deal

That does look interesting and it's a damn good price. Might have to pull the trigger.

Have you seen the Cosmonaut? CSMNT. | Cosmonaut RDA by District F5VE and Mystery Mod Co.

Reactions: Sed8op8

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
That does look interesting and it's a damn good price. Might have to pull the trigger.

Have you seen the Cosmonaut? CSMNT. | Cosmonaut RDA by District F5VE and Mystery Mod Co.
Yes I have one coming as there's 20% off at district 5 this weekend with code 5xmas20. However its a pre order for production round 2 scheduled to ship on January 5th

I probably should have just bought another sleeper as its technically the same design minus a few minor differences. However it is being reviewed really well

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Reactions: jhhollier

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
The Tokugawa came in today. Very nice vape. I removed the screws to build it 'cause it was a pain to try and slide the leads into the slots with the screws still in. I lost one in the process but it came with 4 spares so I should be good as long as I'm more careful. I also emailed Tendou and inquired about a spares kit and/or the screw size.

I went with a single fused Clapton - 36k over 26k, 3mm ID, 6/7 wrap. Surprisingly good flavor, though I do have the side air closed completely. It's quite airy with both the bottom and side airflow open. Now I want one of those Beastly slam caps by District F5ve for it.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
The Tokugawa came in today. Very nice vape. I removed the screws to build it 'cause it was a pain to try and slide the leads into the slots with the screws still in. I lost one in the process but it came with 4 spares so I should be good as long as I'm more careful. I also emailed Tendou and inquired about a spares kit and/or the screw size.

I went with a single fused Clapton - 36k over 26k, 3mm ID, 6/7 wrap. Surprisingly good flavor, though I do have the side air closed completely. It's quite airy with both the bottom and side airflow open. Now I want one of those Beastly slam caps by District F5ve for it.
  • The Tokugawa came in today. Very nice vape. I removed the screws to build it 'cause it was a pain to try and slide the leads into the slots with the screws still in. I lost one in the process but it came with 4 spares so I should be good as long as I'm more careful. I also emailed Tendou and inquired about a spares kit and/or the screw size.

Glad you like it l. You know this may sound weird as I do love the Vape I get from a chunky single coil in it but one of my favorite things about the Tokugawa is the freaking o rings.... Is it silly to fall in love with o rings? Maybe ....but having vaped for awhile now nothing will kill a RDA like ....ty o rings for me. To make it worse if I have to traverse the unholy wasteland that is my spares room rummaging through box after box looking for new o rings never to find one that's quite right is enough to cause me to throw it out the ....ing window.
Those yellow o rings on the Toku though oooohhhhh sooo niccceeee 8)

Ya J..... building the toku can be a ..... and until I figured how to bend my leads just right removing the screws was the easiest way.
Also I do not recommend drinking high caff coffee then trying to screw them back in as you will want to bludgeon yourself in the face with one of those far fangled maxo quad 18650 turbo racing stripe 320 watt big as yer mum mods all the young'ens seem to be into these days as the screws are small and flathead and a major headache to get them back in once you have removed them.

Enjoy....!

Last edited:

Visualabstrakt

Verified Member
Feb 3, 2015
Hello. I was hoping you all with the o-atty can chime in with advise and tips on building on it. I'm using ss316l in tc with 6 wraps around 3mm and I'm wondering if I have it set too low in the deck. I'm not getting the flavor I was expecting to get after all the hype. I have it on a therion bf and would like to utilize tc.

kformeck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2015
Hello. I was hoping you all with the o-atty can chime in with advise and tips on building on it. I'm using ss316l in tc with 6 wraps around 3mm and I'm wondering if I have it set too low in the deck. I'm not getting the flavor I was expecting to get after all the hype. I have it on a therion bf and would like to utilize tc.

I get the best flavor from my o-atty with a single 2x26g fused clapton sitting low in the deck with as little of an angle as I can get.

Maybe you'll enjoy dual coils more; if you haven't tried that yet, I'd suggest dual 26g, 2.4mm ID, 6-8 wraps.

Still, the o-atty doesn't touch the NarDA, NarTA, KLS, A-R_Y, KLS, Driftank etc for flavor IMO.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
I get the best flavor from my o-atty with a single 2x26g fused clapton sitting low in the deck with as little of an angle as I can get.

Maybe you'll enjoy dual coils more; if you haven't tried that yet, I'd suggest dual 26g, 2.4mm ID, 6-8 wraps.

Still, the o-atty doesn't touch the NarDA, NarTA, KLS, A-R_Y, KLS, Driftank etc for flavor IMO.

Agreed, I like to use 3.5mm ID for higher resistance and easier wicking when they will fit, but that is pretty much my GoTo setup for dual coil RDA's. Having a lot of success with the 26ga S.S.316L that way.

jesseseetai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
louisville, ky, usa
I have other attys that I do dual coils with. The o-atty is my first venture to single coil, flavorchasing. Maybe I was expecting too much? Idk. I want to try out various builds first before I give up. Thank you for the advice.

Narda kills the O-Atty in terms of flavor. Notice most people using o-attys are using clapton coils or even crazier coils. To me, what makes a good flavor atty is being able to drop in a simple single wire spaced coil and getting great flavor... and so far i haven't found anything better than the Narda. I also just picked up a Shift BF atty and so far i'm liking that as well, but it's a squonking only atty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jesseseetai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
louisville, ky, usa
I have other attys that I do dual coils with. The o-atty is my first venture to single coil, flavorchasing. Maybe I was expecting too much? Idk. I want to try out various builds first before I give up. Thank you for the advice.

Narda kills the O-Atty in terms of flavor. Notice most people using o-attys are using clapton coils or even crazier coils. To me, what makes a good flavor atty is being able to drop in a simple single wire spaced coil and getting great flavor... and so far i haven't found anything better than the Narda. I also just picked up a Shift BF atty and so far i'm liking that as well, but it's a squonking only atty.

jesseseetai

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
louisville, ky, usa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread