RDA Round-Table Discussion and Lookout

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chickentender

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2014
Seattle
Narda kills the O-Atty in terms of flavor. Notice most people using o-attys are using clapton coils or even crazier coils. To me, what makes a good flavor atty is being able to drop in a simple single wire spaced coil and getting great flavor... and so far i haven't found anything better than the Narda. I also just picked up a Shift BF atty and so far i'm liking that as well, but it's a squonking only atty.

This became my mantra a long while back and pretty much stagnated me doing anything else. I'm pretty much never in here any more but the Recoil and Narda brought me sniffing around the past couple days. Crazy how much things keep moving. I went through I don't even know how many attys 2 and 3 years ago and just kept coming back to my Veritas and clone and it's (for the most part) all I've ever built since. Just plain-jane single round wire vert in a Veritas. Since I stopped monkeying around I've never wanted for more. It's kinda boring. :)

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
This became my mantra a long while back and pretty much stagnated me doing anything else. I'm pretty much never in here any more but the Recoil and Narda brought me sniffing around the past couple days. Crazy how much things keep moving. I went through I don't even know how many attys 2 and 3 years ago and just kept coming back to my Veritas and clone and it's (for the most part) all I've ever built since. Just plain-jane single round wire vert in a Veritas. Since I stopped monkeying around I've never wanted for more. It's kinda boring. :)
Knowing what you like and sticking to it is a good thing. It keeps you from the mad chase for new RDAs that a lot of us here are on.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
15578322_1833471493608452_4293633267170701896_o.jpg

This was posted in the Psyclone Mods group earlier. These are all the attys that Mac has produced and will eventually be released. The Kryten, 5th from the left, is next to be released. The Hadaly is on the far right and the Citadel is to its left. From the outside, the Citadel looks like it could be a 24 or 25mm version of the Hadaly. That would interest me quite a bit. I really wish we could've gotten some pics of the decks.

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Goon LP release on Friday at 2PM EST. I think it will only be available on their site. Full release will be first week of January. 500 available in each finish. They didn't specify what those finishes are but based on the OG Goon I think it's a safe bet that it will be SS, Brass, Copper and possibly Black. Each atty comes with an Ultem DT, a full Ultem top cap and a BF pin. Price is $75 which I don't think is that bad considering it comes with the extra full Ultem cap and a BF pin.

ETA: I see that the finishes are listed. My bad. They are Matte Black, Matte Gold and SS.

Last edited:

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
Received my CSMNT today and first build is good. With the AFC wide open it is very airy, 1/2 closed is right up my alley.

Flavor = very good
Build quality= good, above average. No oil taste after a quick sonic bath.
Easy of build = easy

Gonna try some clapton coils to see how it does - I have a feeling it wants lots of coil and wattage.

beb0e5ddd5dcd2ce9034896f8ed6dae9.jpg

89732c1888b171f325570a00ca59717c.jpg

06aa8cdef6838aa5964794156f96e904.jpg

RickCain

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Huntington Beach, CA
As expected, rocking this now and HOLY COW. 3mg NIC is almost too much ;)

Dual 26 with a 36g wrap @ 3.5mm (all 316L SS)

Best of all even with a 100watt pre-heat I get ZERO spit back. Amazing!

1528034ee454a4aadb3826e39c091c70.jpg

804b3ffb8a57a2c587d4308f79ea8e7e.jpg

2433126c6da520594ec09c52bd10d62d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Narda kills the O-Atty in terms of flavor. Notice most people using o-attys are using clapton coils or even crazier coils. To me, what makes a good flavor atty is being able to drop in a simple single wire spaced coil and getting great flavor... and so far i haven't found anything better than the Narda. I also just picked up a Shift BF atty and so far i'm liking that as well, but it's a squonking only atty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Using regular coils in both, I would say the Narda is better for single coils, but reg duals (imo) the O is a superior vape with no juice gleet.[emoji97]

My preferred builds are, and will always be, regular dual coils. Single coils, not so much. But to your point, NarDA is better for a single coil. But killing the O? Not in my experience!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I was gonna ask for a pic, too - that's about what I imagined.
I will have to try this.

I find I'm usually happiest with an "ordinary" dual, and just didn't think the O was really accommodating - I built it like a Narda...

I don't think it is at all, only thing is you can't do large diameter crazy multi-core type coils. Dual 24g at 2.5mm work great IMHO. Intense vape.
0461e6e6f59be1daa97eb0b6c98c87ea.jpg

Ill have to try that out. That looks nice.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
I have the lp on the way only because I agreed to do a review (it will be an honest one although I was not a fan of the long drawn out goon lp rollout and I am trying to remain open minded about the deck) on it and got it for next to nothing. It looks like it will be decent on a squonker but we will see.

The cosmonaut looks super cloudy which usually isn't my cup of tea but I am excited about it. Mine isn't being shipped to the fifth but I made some nice aliens for it and can't wait. From what I can see my only issue with it is the screws are on the wrong side of the deck block which crushes the coil leg from the side which I absolutely hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread