ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I have a couple of RDA's I like. Both are inexpensive... :D

EHPro Mr. Owl single or dual coil - Video

NarDA clone single coil only - Video

I'm sure others will be along shortly with their recommendations... :cool:

I love owls, that'll help a decision. Although I guess I should not make my decision on whether or not I like the way it looks! Thanks for the suggestions, much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
Mutation X V5 or Wotofo Troll V2. Both are excellent beginner RDAs. The Tsunami is also a good choice.

If you decide to expand to RTA/RDTA, I'd say the Avocado 24. You can build dual or single coil, and the flavor is wonderful. You can even tighten the draw down to MTL (mouth to lung) My only gripe is the tiny juice hole...it requires a fine tipped unicorn bottle or syringe for filling.

Reactions: ChelsB

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Mutation X V5 or Wotofo Troll V2. Both are excellent beginner RDAs. The Tsunami is also a good choice.

If you decide to expand to RTA/RDTA, I'd say the Avocado 24. You can build dual or single coil, and the flavor is wonderful. You can even tighten the draw down to MTL (mouth to lung) My only gripe is the tiny juice hole...it requires a fine tipped unicorn bottle or syringe for filling.

Thanks, Mongo!

Reactions: mongo74

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Looking to buy my first RDA. Nothing too fancy, just something for a beginner dripper

My first rda was a Tuboat clone. That was based on recommendations at the time. Immedately that was the only atomizer i wanted to use. I went on and bought half a dozen different rda clones to see if there was anything better for me. Many rda's can be bought as clones for $7-10 each so mistakes aren't very costly. I finally settled on the SV rda clone for a few reasons. I can prevent it from leaking in my pocket with a tall slip ring because the air supply is from the side and only one side. It is reletively short as atomizers go and I like my rigs to be short. It is intended for single coils and the air supply is restrictive enough for MTL. It lives up to it's reputation of being good at favors which allows me to use low percent flavoring in my DIY. Having saiid all that it's a bit fiddly to build on until you've done it a few times. Other rda's are simpler to build and may be better to start on.

Another consideration for me is government interference (may be Trump will save us but I'm not betting on it). Clone rda's including the SV have few parts and are inexpensive. I can vape on an SV for the rest of my days if necessary. 10 of your prefered rda can cost under $100 and should last several lifetimes.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
My first rda was a Tuboat clone. That was based on recommendations at the time. Immedately that was the only atomizer i wanted to use. I went on and bought half a dozen different rda clones to see if there was anything better for me. Many rda's can be bought as clones for $7-10 each so mistakes aren't very costly. I finally settled on the SV rda clone for a few reasons. I can prevent it from leaking in my pocket with a tall slip ring because the air supply is from the side and only one side. It is reletively short as atomizers go and I like my rigs to be short. It is intended for single coils and the air supply is restrictive enough for MTL. It lives up to it's reputation of being good at favors which allows me to use low percent flavoring in my DIY. Having saiid all that it's a bit fiddly to build on until you've done it a few times. Other rda's are simpler to build and may be better to start on.

Another consideration for me is government interference (may be Trump will save us but I'm not betting on it). Clone rda's including the SV have few parts and are inexpensive. I can vape on an SV for the rest of my days if necessary. 10 of your prefered rda can cost under $100 and should last several lifetimes.

Great info, thanks!

NCCTC

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Hills-Vegas, NC
Been awhile since I've posted here.

Velocity V2 - Super-easy to build (any coil type), countless airflow options, excellent flavor, and can run
center single coil. Worth every penny.
Hadaly RDA - Flavor flavor flavor. Easiest build ever. Personal favorite is 26 gauge parallels.
Yuri by Desire - This is the most surprising RDA I've had in some time. Excellent flavor. Low cost and well built.
Hobo Drifter - Easy build, great flavor.
Freakshow Mini - Yes, it is considered an "older" RDA :) But has excellent flavor, easy build, and low cost.
Derringer - Excellent beginner RDA. Can flavor chase with the best of them.
EDIT:
Quasar (not Zenith) - Don't expect to find one ... but still in my top 3 for flavor

Last edited:

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Derringer. Still use one daily.
Stumpy, if you can find one, clones are good.
Goon. Super easy to build on, can accommodate many different builds.

And my mind went blank....:lol:

There are so many options out there. Read the reviews before buying, most are honest about quality. Beware of reviews used as a sales pitch.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Derringer. Still use one daily.
Stumpy, if you can find one, clones are good.
Goon. Super easy to build on, can accommodate many different builds.

And my mind went blank....:lol:

There are so many options out there. Read the reviews before buying, most are honest about quality. Beware of reviews used as a sales pitch.

Thanks! Sometimes it's hard to tell if it's a paid review or not

Reactions: Kprthevapr

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
The derringer is ridiculously easy to build on. I used to use mine daily, but lost it on a trip up Mt. Hofmann.

The velocity or a similar two post atty is the simplest to build on, cutting your coil leads is quite a bit simpler on a two post atty.

On the opposite end of the spectrum you have got the Veritas, and setting up quads on either a 454 big block or RJMod Cats. The cats is a major pain in the ... to build on.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
Seeing that there is no vacuum or chimney. Size is of paramount importance.
Little snubby types are basically warm & vaporous.
Large rda's are cooler, leading me at least toward hotter builds.
Pay attention to airflow,,you will need it.
Snubby,,,,Nixon v2, mabey best of class. Followed by the Narda, difficult to build, yet if done right, The Flavor is shocking.

Large, the 24mm Goon, really have to try to get a bad vape out of it.
I have an authentic Kennedy,,prefer my Goon. Oh the Heresy of the last statement!

Tweener,, the Magma, a classic dripper. Deep wells, clever a/f management for single or dual coil. Screw top, you'll never damage a 510 trying to pull off a cranky top cap..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread