Status
Not open for further replies.

Aheadatime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2013
USA
Are there any known repairmen for mods? I have an old hanna clone that hasn't worked properly in ages. The 510 doesn't acknowledge when tanks/attys have been screwed in, it always just gives me the 'check atty' warning. Figured it might be some faulty wiring behind the scenes, so thought I'd check around for people who do this kind of work. Any recommendations?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Looks like the 30W and 50W Hana clones are going for between $40 and $55. Maybe someone can repair it, but get ready for a service charge equal to a new mod.

I have a Smok Koopor Plus 200W that did the same thing with the 510. The center contact pin came loose and I pulled it apart to see what happened. The center contact slipped off a shaft/spring combo that allowed it to adjust to the atomizer pin.

I was able to press the pin back in place on the shaft, but the same problem remained. That leaves the circuit board. It's now been officially declared a boat anchor, but it's only heavy enough for an R/C model.

I bought an iStick Pico 40w to replace it. I don't vape high watts anyway. I bought the Koopor for dual battery life.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
It's now been officially declared a boat anchor, but it's only heavy enough for an R/C model.
so use it on boat with a fishing rig attached and if you can manage to waterproof it enough to keep the light on, fish attractor... then again i live in muskie country, they'd take the whole thing! lmao

Reactions: DaveP
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread