Not open for further replies.

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
So the turd puked out on me many months ago out of the blue, nothing surprising.
Yesterday I was cleaning up and was about to chuck it in the bin. I thought hell, I'm not doing anything productive anyhow so screw it, I'll toy around. After all cleaning up is for that down time we opt into, which comes from the lack of giving two floaters about the next item on the list at the moment, and people who really have nothing else to do.

After opening it again and playing as if I could somehow will it into sparking up, zilch, no love. I'm not finished yet, it may be, but I'm not.

I plugged it up to a data transfer USB poking out of machine spewing warm air on my feet, to my delight the screen came on, the lung filling left handed nicotine delivery system started normally.

I screwed on a topper and had a nice vape. Hot dog right? Yea, no.

I unplugged the USB and the thing shut off. Fresh batteries still in. Nothing not even a shimmer of a hope. mkay

So I plugged it back in, poof, on comes the widow maker with a few clicks of the switch. Took the batteries out. Tapped the fire button, and the screen explains to check the batteries. Alrighty then.

Sounds as if 'something' is torched, and has an open circuit to get that small bit of voltage.

My question would be, from what I can, and I say 'speculate' or hypothesize (considering after all the device is call IPV 'Li') is the turd utilizes a lithium capacitor, and it's torched. Which would be rather simple to replace.

Thoughts from those who enjoy tinkering with junk?

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Sounds like its working in pass through mode but not with the battery.
Modern mods don't really do pass through as the usb current isn't anywhere near sufficient so that's unlikely. Normally, if the mod is working correctly, the charging will pause for the duration of the button press, with the current for vaping being drawn from the battery.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bad Ninja
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread