Overwhelmed! Recommendations for a dependable Tank to vape 1.2ohms with rebuildable coils or decks

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliceisinwonderland

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
Northern CA
I got it from fasttech. You can get Kayfun clones domestically though as well, just google. The V5 has an airier draw (adjustable) than the V2 and V3 so if you like a tighter draw for mouth to lung look at the V3, I believe it's 4ml, my SXK KF V5 mini is 2ml. There are other good brand clones besides the SXK out there :)
Thanks for the head's up David Wolf!

Reactions: David Wolf

aliceisinwonderland

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
Northern CA
Well, you did mention rebuildable coils in your OP. So I'm gonna plug my favorite tank. The eGo one series of tanks. Sizes from 1.8ml to 4ml. Variety of colors. Couple different styles. Has good variety of coil heads available including a rewickable, rebuildable coil head w/juice flow control called the CLR. The CLR comes in 2 versions .5ohm DTL and 1ohm MTL but the only real difference is airflow. I use the .5 for the open airflow but build it to 1.4. You can see my 2 eGo ONE Mega (4ml) in my avatar.

The tanks and coils have a great group of fans here if you need more info or have questions we'll be happy to help.

eGo ONE tank series – CLR coil
Super Thanks Foggy Road!

aliceisinwonderland

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
Northern CA
Hi Alice.

For the style of Vaping you do, I think the Kanger SubTank/TopTank would be a Great Choice.

The RBA Section is Easy to Build on.
A Good Balance of Flavor and Vapor.
Spare Parts like Glass, Bases, Seals, etc are Very Easy to Find
And there are Tons of 3rd Party Parts/Accessories Available.

One thing I would Note about the RBA Section is there are/have been a Few Variations since the Initial Release.

The Original RBA (very Hard to find anymore) had e-Liquid inlet slots in the Deck. These Slots were Small. And most people running High VG e-Liquids needed to Enlarge these Slots to help with Wicking.

Then can RBA Sections that had e-Liquid Inlet Holes in the Side of the RBA Barrel. And some had Larger Holes (came with the SubTank?). Some had Small Holes (comes with the TopTank?).

Example.

TOPBOX-5-1024x683.jpg

I like the ones with the Larger Holes Myself. But some prefer the ones with the Smaller Holes.

aliceisinwonderland

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
Northern CA
Hi Alice.

For the style of Vaping you do, I think the Kanger SubTank/TopTank would be a Great Choice.

The RBA Section is Easy to Build on.
A Good Balance of Flavor and Vapor.
Spare Parts like Glass, Bases, Seals, etc are Very Easy to Find
And there are Tons of 3rd Party Parts/Accessories Available.

One thing I would Note about the RBA Section is there are/have been a Few Variations since the Initial Release.

The Original RBA (very Hard to find anymore) had e-Liquid inlet slots in the Deck. These Slots were Small. And most people running High VG e-Liquids needed to Enlarge these Slots to help with Wicking.

Then can RBA Sections that had e-Liquid Inlet Holes in the Side of the RBA Barrel. And some had Larger Holes (came with the SubTank?). Some had Small Holes (comes with the TopTank?).

Example.

TOPBOX-5-1024x683.jpg

I like the ones with the Larger Holes Myself. But some prefer the ones with the Smaller Holes.
Way great post zoiDman, Thank you !!!

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
There's a reason why every new tank calls itself the "kayfun killer". The Kayfun has been around for years and is one of the most popular RTAs out there. In my opinion, they finally got it right with the V3 mini or the V3 mini plus (which is the same, just fatter). The V4 was an over-engineered disaster and I keep seeing complaints about airflow with the V5. Here's what I like about the V3 mini over the previous versions:

Top fill
Juice shutoff
The tank can be removed even with a full tank of juice
No whistling through the air holes.
Clones are around $15
Spare parts are everywhere

For me it ticks all the boxes and don't think I'll ever bother wasting any more money on new tanks. The only reason I upgraded to the plus version was esthetics with my mod.

aliceisinwonderland

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
Northern CA
There's a reason why every new tank calls itself the "kayfun killer". The Kayfun has been around for years and is one of the most popular RTAs out there. In my opinion, they finally got it right with the V3 mini or the V3 mini plus (which is the same, just fatter). The V4 was an over-engineered disaster and I keep seeing complaints about airflow with the V5. Here's what I like about the V3 mini over the previous versions:
Thanks Maestro! Comprehensive post!
Top fill
Juice shutoff
The tank can be removed even with a full tank of juice
No whistling through the air holes.
Clones are around $15
Spare parts are everywhere

For me it ticks all the boxes and don't think I'll ever bother wasting any more money on new tanks. The only reason I upgraded to the plus version was esthetics with my mod.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
This one is on my watch list. Good thread and feedback here. It is a newer product so there might be some bugs that haven't shown up yet.

Digiflavor Siren GTA

I love my Sirens! They are the easiest to wick ever! Building is a breeze too and the flavor is awesome. They are reasonably priced at approximately $25 - $35 depending on the vendor. Vape NW has the best price on them currently at $26. I do not recommend buying them from Vapor DNA because those do not come with the airflow diffuser, which helps deliver a more restricted draw in addition to the afc. My personal preference is the 22 mm tank, because with the 25 mm you tend to have visible condensation surrounding the build deck.

I have never used 100% VG in mine, but given the fact that it's so easy to get the wicking right, I think this is one the OP should consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread