eGo Aio replacement coils - 3 out of 5 coils would not thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Is that quite common? I am new at vaping.

Another question is when you start tasting burnt hits does that mean the coil is blown? Is it bad for you or dangerous when you feel that burn on the back of your throat? It feels kind of bad.

Burnt hits are often from not priming well, or over-powered, or tank ran dry.

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2012
    BELLE VERNON PA.
    Hi usdoll and r77,
    I never used these coils, but found this on reddit.

I also burned through my first pack of coils on this device very quickly, but when I got my second pack I changed my vaping style and now I get weeks out of the coils. Here is what you need to do to get the coils to last longer:

1. Prime it with a few drops
    2. Let it sit in the juice for 10 minutes
    3. Never take a hit for longer than 3 seconds max
    4. Only take one hit every 45 seconds minimum to 1.5minutes
    5. Use a high PG juice (70% PG 30% VG) PG juice is more viscous, so it will soak that coil more quickly.
    6. Never direct lung hit it, ever...
    These problems occur because the coils re-saturate extremely slowly. If you look at the bottom of the coil you will see two tiny holes for the juice to enter, and this is problem, the juice can't enter the coil fast enough to re-saturate the cotton quickly enough, and so if you don't give it enough time, the cotton will be dry and you'll be burning it up.. If you look at other companies coils they all seem to have big openings on the side where the juice can easily flow in, not these joyetech ones.

If you're a heavy smoker trying to quit, and need those frequent hits, then I would not recommend this device. If you're a light smoker, use a higher nicotine juice so you're satisfied with fewer hits.

Reactions: r77r7r

JUDGMENT AFFIRMED

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2012
    BELLE VERNON PA.
    I woke up in the morning and took a hit and it tasted burnt so right then I added juice. Can a coil ever come back from that?

The coil (the resistance wire) is still good. If the wick is cotton and i assume it is, then you could replace the wick with new cotton or whatever. But, sometimes that's easier said than done. :( I still mostly use and prefer the old style silica wicks that can be easily cleaned and last for months. Good luck.

tac_driver

ECF Veteran
    Jan 14, 2017
    Texas
    Looks like it takes the same coil as the JoyTech Cubis
    https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Joyetech-Cubis-BF-Replacement-Coil-5pcs.html
    and they recommend soaking the coil before installing
    • It works with Joyetech Cubis Tank and Cuboid Mini Atomizer. 0.6ohm and 1ohm coils can be used with Joyetech eGo AIO.
    • Please soak the new coil before using (prefill e-juice coil).
    Resistance:
    1. BF SS316-0.5ohm (15-30W)
    2. BF SS316-1.0ohm (10-25W)
    3. BF Clapton-1.5ohm (8-20W)
    4. BF SS316-0.6ohm (15 -28W)

suggest starting at the minimum watts and working up to a comfortable level

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread