Recommendations for a mini tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomhower1820

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
NC
I recently bought an Alien kit and really like the size of the baby beast. I however do not like the way it guzzles juices. The flavor is great and cannot complain about the performance but not at the way it goes through juice. I have been using Kanger SSOCC Clapton coils for a long time now in variety of their tanks. The flavor from those is close with about half the juice comsunption. So I am looking for a baby beast size without the Smok juice consumption. I want something small to stick on an istick pico or similar for a compact on the go vape.

Wants:
Compact ~53mm as that is the size of the BB
Topfill preferred
Easily obtained coils from US based online vendors
22mm
That's about it.

Thanks folks.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
As you say you have Kanger Subtanks (and presumably their coils/RBA), take a look at the Wotofo Serpent Sub Ohm Tank... Uses Kanger Subtank/Toptank coils and their RBA, yet is the size of a Serpent Mini RTA. The wick hole in the Kanger coils sits lower in the base, too, so you can vape it virtually dry before needing to refill (as it's a smaller capacity tank). ;)

I'm all about using what you've got for other things, so this tank may be right up your alley. Forgot: It also has top fill.

boomhower1820

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
NC
Tobeco Super tank mini. Excellent performance, cheap, and take any Atlantis style coil, which means a ton of choices in the marketplace. And it's 22 mm top fill.
Heard lots of good things about it and considering, just a bit taller than I would like. The numerous types of coils it takes is appealing. Main thing I don't like is the inability to change the drip tip.

As you say you have Kanger Subtanks (and presumably their coils/RBA), take a look at the Wotofo Serpent Sub Ohm Tank... Uses Kanger Subtank/Toptank coils and their RBA, yet is the size of a Serpent Mini RTA. The wick hole in the Kanger coils sits lower in the base, too, so you can vape it virtually dry before needing to refill (as it's a smaller capacity tank). ;)

I'm all about using what you've got for other things, so this tank may be right up your alley. Forgot: It also has top fill.
This just shot to the top of the list. Have to hunt some reviews and research it but size wise it is tiny and taking the Kanger coils is a big plus as I intend to continue using my current Kangers on my dual mods.

Eleafe Melo III is a sweet little tank. It caught me by surprise. It is only drop in coils and I haven’t picked up an RBA for it (there are some on EBay). I do keep it in my rotation. I understand that Vapeston Maganus coils work in it also, but I haven't tried or needed them.
I've been hearing more and more positive things about this tank as well. cCell coils for it are intriguing as well.

DebbieNY

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
New York City
I have a couple of Melo 3s that I got with my Picos, but I personally get more flavor out of the Melo 2s (which doesn't fit your 'small tank' criteria) and I really like its side fill port. I do have a mini 3, but haven't opened it yet, so I can't comment if that one is better than the full-sized version or not. As I am a lazy (yet busy) person, I haven't gotten to try any RBA in any of them, so my view on the performance of the 3 may change.

I already had a couple of Kanger STMs, but I hated them. I had a couple of Serpent Mini RTAs, so that is why the Serpent Sub Ohm tank caught my eye, especially when I noticed that the wick hole on the coil sat much lower in the SSO than the STM (having to refill with so much liquid in the bottom of the tank always annoyed me) and I can use the STM RBAs that have been sitting around unused.

The only annoyances I have with the SSO is that there is no knurling on the top cap or the AFC ring, so getting them to open wasn't as easy (my AFC was very tight at first). Also, there is an o-ring in the channel of the top cap of the SSO that always seems to fall out, so keep a watch on that. Otherwise, I really liked the SSO tank and it looked great on my tiny Mini Volt mod... Until I lost them both in a grocery store somewhere. :( Needless to say, I am already waiting on my replacement SSO tank. :D

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

boomhower1820

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
NC
I have a couple of Melo 3s that I got with my Picos, but I personally get more flavor out of the Melo 2s (which doesn't fit your 'small tank' criteria) and I really like its side fill port. I do have a mini 3, but haven't opened it yet, so I can't comment if that one is better than the full-sized version or not. As I am a lazy (yet busy) person, I haven't gotten to try any RBA in any of them, so my view on the performance of the 3 may change.

I already had a couple of Kanger STMs, but I hated them. I had a couple of Serpent Mini RTAs, so that is why the Serpent Sub Ohm tank caught my eye, especially when I noticed that the wick hole on the coil sat much lower in the SSO than the STM (having to refill with so much liquid in the bottom of the tank always annoyed me) and I can use the STM RBAs that have been sitting around unused.

The only annoyances I have with the SSO is that there is no knurling on the top cap or the AFC ring, so getting them to open wasn't as easy (my AFC was very tight at first). Also, there is an o-ring in the channel of the top cap of the SSO that always seems to fall out, so keep a watch on that. Otherwise, I really liked the SSO tank and it looked great on my tiny Mini Volt mod... Until I lost them both in a grocery store somewhere. :( Needless to say, I am already waiting on my replacement SSO tank. :D

Think you have pretty much sold me on it. Read/watched a couple reviews and the main complaint was the drip tip coming loose. Given the other benefits, particularly the Kanger coils outweighs it for me. I greatly appreciate the help, never heard of that tank before. Have a wotofo chieftan and really liked it until I more or less broke it, completely my fault.
I'll throw in another Vote for the Kanger Sub/TopTank Mini.

Nice All-Around RTA.

There is also the Wotofo Sub Tank which is kinda a Shorter Version of the TopTank. Use Kanger Coils and can use the Kanger RBA Section as well. A Nice RTA for when you want a Compact On-the-Go RTA.

$16.56 Authentic Wotofo Serpent Sub Tank Clearomizer - 3.5ml / stainless steel + glass / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Think that is the same tank being refered to above. I've had subtanks in the past. A toptank and Protank 4 are in the current rotation, love them but they are just to big for the particular application I am wanting for my new tank.

excalibur-x

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
If in some time you start with rebuilding instead of buying coils, I recommend UD Zephyrus V2 instead of Kanger minis every day of the week and twice on Sunday. It's cheaper, has much smoother airflow, double coil option and the taste it produces is terrific.

One month ago I was searching for a workhorse tank:

In search for an all-day workhorse tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread