Started to vape today and got burning throat and coughing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lock95

Jan 9, 2017
So i just got the istick pico melo3 and was so happy , but now i find out that i have been surfing the web for half a day to see if i did something wrong or missing cause i cant stop coughing and the burning throat ..... so i got it at around 10 w and i get almost if not less smoke than a normal cigarette , i tried higher W but that that kills me i start coughing right away , but the cloud is bigger , anyway i put the 0.3 coils burns then i put the 0.5 still burns , the juice that i use is from Liqua (bubble gum ) 12 nic i think ..... so i think i will smash it cause i am at the end of my road here .... any help ?

Lock95

Jan 9, 2017
When I started using e-Cigs because of my smoking vaping irritated my throat and that went away after about 2 weeks with no killer sticks. Now remember I am not a doctor or a scientists and this is only my presonal experience. Good Luck and Happy Vaping!
It s not only irritating my throat it s more like burning and i cant take a long vape i can only do so for like 2-3 sec at around 10w then i start coughing..
And thanks for the warm welcome!

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Well a couple of questions what MOD and tank are you using? What Nicotine level? What Ohm coils are you using? I myself started at around 24MG with Cig-A-Likes and switched right o 6MG with my first MOD and tank and one month later lowered it to 3MG. Recently I received some of those new myJET kits and was vaping 12MG and even though it does not have the cloud like a MOD the 12 is kind of strong.

Lock95

Jan 9, 2017
Well a couple of questions what MOD and tank are you using? What Nicotine level? What Ohm coils are you using? I myself started at around 24MG with Cig-A-Likes and switched right o 6MG with my first MOD and tank and one month later lowered it to 3MG. Recently I received some of those new myJET kits and was vaping 12MG and even though it does not have the cloud like a MOD the 12 is kind of strong.
As i said above istick pico melo 3 , 12 nicotine , coils 0.3-0.5 i tried both they burn and i still cough ..... so do you think it s normal ?

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Yeah you did! To much plowing and snow removal I guess! Well in my opinion Sub Ohm Vaping isn't for a person who is just starting out because it is like sucking on one of the things we can't mention here. A bit too much cloud and the amount of nicotine you are getting is probably too much. But what do I know? o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I have to agree with SteveS45.
This is a "subohm" set up and it might just be too much all around.

Id say lower your wattage to about 12 and ease into this. Also the nic might be too high for this setup too.

I used to use 12 to 15mg nic, but as I powered up my builds and powered up my devices the lower I had to go lower and lower with the nicotine.

Do you feel a bit jittery and or queasy? Also try to take the vapor into your mouth first and slowly inhale. This will help till you get used to the art of vape.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteveS45

Lock95

Jan 9, 2017
Yeah you did! To much plowing and snow removal I guess! Well in my opinion Sub Ohm Vaping isn't for a person who is just starting out because it is like sucking on one of the things we can't mention here. A bit too much cloud and the amount of nicotine you are getting is probably too much. But what do I know? o_O
sub ohm? what it means? i at like 5 w now and the second it hits my throat i cough and i think 200 c

Lock95

Jan 9, 2017
I have to agree with SteveS45.
This is a "subohm" set up and it might just be too much all around.

Id say lower your wattage to about 12 and ease into this. Also the nic might be too high for this setup too.

I used to use 12 to 15mg nic, but as I powered up my builds and powered up my devices the lower I had to go lower and lower with the nicotine.

Do you feel a bit jittery and or queasy? Also try to take the vapor into your mouth first and slowly inhale. This will help till you get used to the art of vape.
i at like 5 w now and the second it hits my throat i cough and i think 200 c , and i don t fell jittery or queasy... at least not for now i think

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
maybe it the ratio of PG/VG? some people find heavy PG harsh.

Only other thing I can think of is there is something wrong , such as a slight short, not enough liquid causing harsh burning rather than just vapor. Without seeing the working wick while you are pressing it , its hard to know.

Id try a new coil and make sure its well saturated/ primed and liquid is flowing.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Sub Ohm means below 1 Ohm. I would recommend starting with a Nautilus Min Tank at 1.6 or 1.8 Ohms which they call a MTL or Mouth to lung tank. Do not ask me to explain how you go direct to lung or DTL because all my vapes pass through my mouth on the way to my lungs! No one has been able to prove how they get it directly into their lungs without a chest tube...............

Reactions: anavidfan

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Yes as @anavidfan brought up there are also more possible causes and another is did you prime the coil and start at lower wattage before moving up? Are the coils SS316L which I would only use in TC or Temperature control myself. There are many possibilities here and we will help you find the answer or solution!

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
So i just got the istick pico melo3 and was so happy , but now i find out that i have been surfing the web for half a day to see if i did something wrong or missing cause i cant stop coughing and the burning throat ..... so i got it at around 10 w and i get almost if not less smoke than a normal cigarette , i tried higher W but that that kills me i start coughing right away , but the cloud is bigger , anyway i put the 0.3 coils burns then i put the 0.5 still burns , the juice that i use is from Liqua (bubble gum ) 12 nic i think ..... so i think i will smash it cause i am at the end of my road here .... any help ?

You said you were vaping away happily at first? Could the tank be empty? ( not trying to be an ... ) or maybe its a flavor that gunks up and your coil is now covered in crusty stuff and you are vaping burnt juice?

I know many liquids such as my NET tobaccos can destroy my coils in a couple ml of juice use.

Reactions: SteveS45

Lock95

Jan 9, 2017
Yes as @anavidfan brought up there are also more possible causes and another is did you prime the coil and start at lower wattage before moving up? Are the coils SS316L which I would only use in TC or Temperature control myself. There are many possibilities here and we will help you find the answer or solution!
Dont understand the SS316L.. and how do i go in Tc on istick pico ? do you know? the manual i got only says how to fill with juice and few parts ....

Reactions: LeeLee26

Lock95

Jan 9, 2017
You said you were vaping away happily at first? Could the tank be empty? ( not trying to be an ... ) or maybe its a flavor that gunks up and your coil is now covered in crusty stuff and you are vaping burnt juice?

I know many liquids such as my NET tobaccos can destroy my coils in a couple ml of juice use.
No i meant to say that i was so happy cause today my e cig. just came after i waited 2 months ..... and now ... it hits me like a train in the neck and i cant be happy about vaping lol , and i stay half of my day searching for what went wrong , if i burn the coil or if something is wrong and now i still search lol....so not that happy anymore

Reactions: LeeLee26
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread