Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
So basically it sounds like instead of fixing a hot leg issue by adjusting your build or wrapping the coil correctly you're suggesting wrapping the coil in such a way that you're using the airflow to cool the hot leg, not actually fixing the issue. They have a phrase for that! LOL!

As an aside, I've had my authentic Hadaly for a few weeks and have had nary a problem with hot legs once with a .6 ohm Clapton contact coil.

Here's my build that has been in for about 2 weeks and other than a wick change and dry burns one a week it's been perfect!

BTW: Don't laugh at the Phillips head screw! I DETEST flat head screws and I soon as I find another Phillips head in my vape box I'm swapping that other screw out!!

ecaa46b148620a3f8d95b4051243d69e.jpg

Edited to Add:

...and besides. all the "...delving into the science..." (LOL!) in the world doesn't change the fact that the makers of the Hadaly have an airflow diagram that shows how it's supposed to be set up. Jerry-rigging a coil to cool down hot legs is no solution for poor coil building.
14518347_1790034381285497_1278016020_n__31832.1475119039.1280.1280.jpg

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Too bad diagrams don't vape. Jury-rigging is not the same thing as building. If the coil works better one way, that is the heart of building, not following computer graphics. LOL.

But, whatever works optimally for any particular user is the "right way".

greasegizzard

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2015
Arkansas
Too bad diagrams don't vape. Jury-rigging is not the same thing as building. If the coil works better one way, that is the heart of building, not following computer graphics. LOL.

But, whatever works optimally for any particular user is the "right way".
I noticed their diagram also shows phillips head screws. lol

Roads? Where we're going we don't need roads.

Joeteboe

Dec 31, 2016
How does eveyone like the goon lp. What kind of builds are people putting in it?

Hated it at first. Was really let down. The position of the air slots vs how far down you have to bend the coil to not hit the top cap made it so the air skipped off the top of your coil, making for terrible flavor. My o-rings were so loose I could sneeze while holding my mod and the caps would come right off. Having said all that.... I used the dental floss trick for the o-rings, they are sufficiently tight now, and I built some really small fused claptons with a 2mm ID so I could have them bent as much up as I could get so the air was coming up from underneath, and switched to the ultem cap as a safeguard in case my coils touched the top. Now it is performing well and giving great flavor. Now, it's an expensive RDA. more so for me living in Canada, with intl shipping and dollar conversion it was about $150. Between that and the fact that it's 528 and they made one of my absolute favorite RDA's made me really excited for the LP. I'm not sure if all the hoops I jumped to make it a useable atty (minus the o-rings... Shame on 528) were intentional or not, just seems like a lot of work. My 2 cents anyway. I'm vaping it as I type this, so it hasn't been relegated to a back shelf yet.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Hated it at first. Was really let down. The position of the air slots vs how far down you have to bend the coil to not hit the top cap made it so the air skipped off the top of your coil, making for terrible flavor. My o-rings were so loose I could sneeze while holding my mod and the caps would come right off. Having said all that.... I used the dental floss trick for the o-rings, they are sufficiently tight now, and I built some really small fused claptons with a 2mm ID so I could have them bent as much up as I could get so the air was coming up from underneath, and switched to the ultem cap as a safeguard in case my coils touched the top. Now it is performing well and giving great flavor. Now, it's an expensive RDA. more so for me living in Canada, with intl shipping and dollar conversion it was about $150. Between that and the fact that it's 528 and they made one of my absolute favorite RDA's made me really excited for the LP. I'm not sure if all the hoops I jumped to make it a useable atty (minus the o-rings... Shame on 528) were intentional or not, just seems like a lot of work. My 2 cents anyway. I'm vaping it as I type this, so it hasn't been relegated to a back shelf yet.
Wow. That was all valuable information!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: LouisLeBeau

Visualabstrakt

Verified Member
Feb 3, 2015
Thanks for the info. Whats the dental floss trick?

Khanninnarh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2016
I just got mine and used a 2.5mm coil as suggested and I still find it very close to the ultem cap.

After bending the coil down to make sure the airflow hits the coil. It's still very close and the coil just clear the post by about 1 mm or so. Which means I'm maximising the space I have.

Might try 2mm simple round wire build next. Perhaps this will work better.

Quite afraid to melt something if chain vaping and the Therion gets warm after a few drags at 60watts.

SS cap gets really hot and I prefer the ultem.

In short. I had higher expectations and should have waited for reviews before purchasing it. It's not the worse RDA but just falls short of perfect which the Goon 24 definitely is to me.

I expected a much better RDA, perhaps a much much simpler build might work better.

5059007dce099d159afa88e183b6735f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NCCTC

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Hills-Vegas, NC
Just the Apocalypse Gen 2 for me. With the airflow wide open, it's about equal to the Goon 24 (if you've used that). For me, the flavor is better from the Apocalypse. It's also a lot easier to build thanks to the beveled clamp plates. You can just slide your leads in unlike with the Goon.

Got mine last month, and agree with everything said here. Loving this RDA for particular "cloudy" flavors. Only con I'll add is that you are going to want to clean it thoroughly when you get it. Alcohol soak, scrub, rinse with boiling water, etc. Will be using a FDV bottom feed pin to run on a parallel squonk mod ... should be a fun experiment.

GEN2.jpg

Reactions: jhhollier

NCCTC

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Hills-Vegas, NC

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
Got mine last month, and agree with everything said here. Loving this RDA for particular "cloudy" flavors. Only con I'll add is that you are going to want to clean it thoroughly when you get it. Alcohol soak, scrub, rinse with boiling water, etc. Will be using a FDV bottom feed pin to run on a parallel squonk mod ... should be a fun experiment.

GEN2.jpg
A parallel squonker? I didn't realize there was such a beast. Nice.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
A parallel squonker? I didn't realize there was such a beast. Nice.
Where'd you find one?
The vape block app... It's a weird app/store combo and I had to jump through hoops to age verify but I really wanted that RDA also a store called innovape should be restocking soon. The Reload has actually quite good for flavor for an atty it's size.

Reactions: jhhollier

Fozzy71

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2016
8 Mile + 2.5
Has anyone tried this 24mm RDA clone?

Royal Hunter X Styled RDA.

I ordered one today to fit my IPV4S, wondering how it might perform?

View attachment 627471
I have not but eager to hear your thoughts on it. Looks like I might like it if it has wide open airflow.

Reactions: eLicky
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread