Do you buy pre mixed liquids or mix your own?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eLicky

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2016
Sydney - Australia
I started mixing about 2 months in, I tinkered with flavours a little but settled on unflavoured as my long term solution, its working well. I measure by weight and use a magnetic stirrer for mixing.

8mg nic
70vg/30pg

After calculations when buying in bulk, 30mls of ejuice last me 2-3 days, the equivalent period of time a 25gram pouch of tobacco did. The tobacco in Australia is around $30.00 AUD per pack, I can make that 30mls of ejuice for '50 cents' Australian.

Last edited:
Reactions: RainSong

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Woops, i did mean wizardlab.us
So glad you mentioned this and was also quoted. I decided to click on the link, checked out concentrates and chemicals just to take a gander. Happened upon CBD Had no idea it was legal, the only reason why i ever liked the stuff in the first place was for all the properties of CBD!! THANK YOU. Put in my research over the last 3 hours and have now ordered. You dont know , what you dont know!!!

cebulice

Jan 10, 2017
Arkansas
So glad you mentioned this and was also quoted. I decided to click on the link, checked out concentrates and chemicals just to take a gander. Happened upon CBD Had no idea it was legal, the only reason why i ever liked the stuff in the first place was for all the properties of CBD!! THANK YOU. Put in my research over the last 3 hours and have now ordered. You dont know , what you dont know!!!
Please, tell us how it works. I curious: Is the quality good? Does it have only CBD? Does it help with pain relief? And other stuff I don't know ;)

cebulice

Jan 10, 2017
Arkansas
Mix my own. Same flavor all the time. I make 250ml batches at a time. Lasts about 2 1/2 months. When I get to my last 90ml I make a new batch so it can steep some. This way I spend about an hours time. You could also make a base mix in this quantity and then flavor as you go. Easy Peasy! Don't make small batches and waste your time.
I'm curious about your pg/vg ratio? What % is nicotine?

Reactions: mountaingal

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I've been DIY more than a year now, and haven't bought any eliquid since then. I like my own much better, know exactly what's in it, and can "tweak" anything I make to my own specific tastes. The cost savings is amazing as well, even though the commercial eliquids I used to buy were reasonably priced.

Reactions: NU_FTW

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
I've got a large box full of flavorings. I'm sure I spent more than $200 on flavoring alone. That was 3-4 years ago, so I hope they keep almost indefinitely. Most have never been opened, although some were opened simply to smell them, heh. The box smells wonderful when first opened after being closed for some time. I've also got on hand beakers, syringes, and brown glass storage bottles.

I use an xls calculator. But, honestly, I haven't got a lot of experience with the actual mixing. As you can see from my signature, I've been vaping for seven years. Mostly I've used commercially mixed stuff over that time. I've had some botched, unvapable, attempts. Maybe that's why I haven't done more mixing, kinda discouraged. Still, what landed me on this thread today is a renewed interest. Gonna try again. :)
This is why you don't try creating your own when first starting out. If you've never baked before, would you try to figure out how to make an apple pie on your own? You should be looking for recipes with a lot of favorable reviews and start there.

Last edited:

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
Please, tell us how it works. I curious: Is the quality good? Does it have only CBD? Does it help with pain relief? And other stuff I don't know ;)
It arrives today. What i ordered was 350mg full spectrum GreenRoads so should be other cannabinoids also except zero THC according to the product description. Today will be a great test day as i have had stomach issues IBS flare up plus some bad heatburn neck/back issues and have not been sleeping well.... So i will be able to answer for me with regard to those things hopefully in the very short term.

VintageModMan

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2016
It arrives today. What i ordered was 350mg full spectrum GreenRoads so should be other cannabinoids also except zero ... according to the product description. Today will be a great test day as i have had stomach issues IBS flare up plus some bad heatburn neck/back issues and have not been sleeping well.... So i will be able to answer for me with regard to those things hopefully in the very short term.
I have never vaped it but I do have experience with cbd oil and wow does it work. Not to say it will for everyone and its not a cure all but it is a lot better than pain killers.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: NU_FTW
Until now i was vaping premixed liquids from local stores(20%) and premixed which my friend brought me from Vape expo in UK (80%)... Most of them were sweet fruity flavours or similar sweeties like Mothers milk.
At the beginning(vaping only 3 months, so 2 months back) i was vaping like 10ml 6mg liquid a day in Eleaf Lyche RBA, but after i got my Avocado 24 i started to wind my own subohm coils and started to do like 15-30ml a day at 3mg or less, enjoying the flavour and clouds.

Today my PG and VG packs of 1 liter each will arrive, so, do you have any recommended flavours i shall try?
As i said, i love sweet flavours similar to Mothers milk, fruity ones like watermellon, forest fruits and so on.
Also, do you have some favourite flavour combinations? Thanks for the tips for the newbie :)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I have a very heavy duty vaping habit, so it came to a point where I was spending so much on liquid that I decided to try a simple peppermint and went off from there.

I keep a few 250ml bottles at all time of mint, strawberry-pineapple and a cherry cough syrup and one fancy mix of a lemon chiffon thing I came up with.

I used to only buy NETs but even that has stopped. Ive been doing my own NETs now for about a year? Its super easy, the hardest part is the waiting and the filtering.

I cant imagine buying any store bought liquid, its over priced and for me usually too sweet.

NET , now thats something worth paying for. It actually entails some real work and experimentation, so I really dont care about spending money on one I know I LOVE.

I had a particular one that I could not live without and when they went away, I went in a panic, so I bought some Acid Blondies and gave it a go, getting pretty close to it. The only other store bought that I spend on yearly are a few from Naturally Extracted Tobaccos . com. They are wonderful and the stash lasts me about a year. They only get better with time and taste great out of the mail.

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    I've been mixing my own juice for a while now, usually unflavored, sometimes with a bit of Key Lime or Perique Black or both. The vendor I was using when I started is having a sale on their 30ml pre-mixed, so I am about to buy some, two 30's of Turkish Bold and a free 30 of Mojito. I've lately been thinking some about that mix (about an 80/20 ratio) that I really liked at the time, kind of a flashback thing I guess.. $20 for 90 ml's though.. I can make a 100 ml batch of unflavored or slightly flavored for less than $6..

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
    Dec 6, 2016
    I've been mixing my own juice for a while now, usually unflavored, sometimes with a bit of Key Lime or Perique Black or both. The vendor I was using when I started is having a sale on their 30ml pre-mixed, so I am about to buy some, two 30's of Turkish Bold and a free 30 of Mojito. I've lately been thinking some about that mix (about an 80/20 ratio) that I really liked at the time, kind of a flashback thing I guess.. $20 for 90 ml's though.. I can make a 100 ml batch of unflavored or slightly flavored for less than $6..
    100ml you can make for less than $1

Reactions: mountaingal

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    100ml you can make for less than $1
    Since I'm a half fast mixer, I get a bottle of PG/VG/nic. Technically that's still a pre-mix I guess. 500 ml's of that comes out to slightly more than 4 cents a ml. If I add a flavor or two into that, it comes out to just shy of $5.50 for a hundred mls. A pack of cigs cost me $5.89 - $5.94 and lasted me less than a week, a business week at that.. 100 ml's will last me at least 3 months..

Last edited:

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
    Dec 6, 2016
    Since I'm a half fast mixer, I get a bottle of PG/VG/nic. Technically that's still a pre-mix I guess. 500 ml's of that comes out to slightly more than $4 bucks a ml. If I add a flavor or two into that, it comes out to just shy of $5.50. A pack of cigs cost me $5.89 - $5.94 and lasted me less than a week, a business week at that.. 100 ml's will last me at least months..
    HA if it lasted me that long i would be considering the same. When that lasts 10 days it isnt practical. I avoid it at all costs until the very last drop mix 3.2-4Liters every 3 months

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
    I used a 1.6 ml CE4 tank filled with a 21mg nic pre-mix when I started. That would last me close to 2 days. Now I can get at least 2 days out of a 3 ml RTA. The liquid I've been getting is labeled 24 mg, but I read somewhere that it's actually comes out to around 18 mg. I guess it's because of the PG and VG added to a 24 mg liquid. I don't know or care really..:) I don't vape very much at all more or less than the 21 mg I started with..

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
    Dec 6, 2016
    I used a 1.6 ml CE4 tank filled with a 21mg nic pre-mix when I started. That would last me close to 2 days. Now I can get at least 2 days out of a 3 ml RTA. The liquid I've been getting is labeled 24 mg, but I read somewhere that it's actually comes out to around 18 mg. I guess it's because of the PG and VG added to a 24 mg liquid. I don't know or care really..:) I don't vape very much at all more or less than the 21 mg I started with..
    Yea i had the CE4's too but i would fill it at least twice a day usually 3 or more

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread