Help needed for RTA and RDA selection-im too far behind

Status
Not open for further replies.

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
RTA: OBS Engine. Top air-flow design that's virtually leak free. Easy to build on deck and a decent, but not massive juice capacity. No cons I've found yet, it's just awesome.

RDA: Digiflavor Pharoah. Spring loaded clamps, large build area with center airflow for single and dual coil builds, and a juice well that you can partially close. Only con is the screw down cap, and some peeople experience seepage from the bottom of the RDA.

I know there are others out there, these are just my humble opinions.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
What are some of the best RTA/RDA's out and why?

Best is a Hard thing to Say.

I'm into Flavor Chasing. And like to run Simple Single Coils verses Dual Coils. Size is Also important. And would rather Refill more often than have a Jumbo atomizer.

So Best for me isn't going to be Best for a Lot of People.

What are you into BrokenLung? And what are things that would be Best for you?

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
vaperesso transformer RDA(22mm) is nice and small fitting most single battery mods, can be a single coil to a quad coil build, postless or velocity styled posts, can be a bottom feeder(has the hollow pin) if you get into squonking at some point, and it has two caps with interchangeable tops for clouds and flavour with top airflow(no leaking).

coilart azeroth RDTA(24.5mm) is a genny styled tank/RDA combo that is easy to build on, with a goon styled deck, a nice tank underneath, gold plated and side filling with several different chuff caps with top airflow(again no leaking).

kangertech pro tank 4(22mm) solid tank with a dual coil RBA, 5 ml, and top side fill, doesn't leak, plus factory coils can be bought when feeling lazy, and airflow in both base and driptip.

i have all 3 an absolutely love them

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
There's always the RDTA Limitless Classic, depending how you configure it you'll have an RDA or an R(D)TA from one tank, and some interchangeable parts.

Straight RTA, as mongo pointed out, the OBS Engine is outstanding. RDA I'd defer to those with more experience with different ones.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
58cd77f3b93d159ae0a369497f16f221.jpg

I really like my Sense RTA-2..
big velocity style deck, huge juice channels, adj juice ports, 6ml tank,25mm and adj airflow..seen here with a .14 ohm Clapton build..
1edbce78effc9ad049286a38d2973052.jpg

Old school but still one of my favorite RDA's is my Dark Horse with the Chuff Cap...I use it for serious cloud chasing and to try out new flavors..
And I like the smok beast tanks..
just my 2¢, lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thompsonhunt

BrokenLung

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2012
TN
Best is a Hard thing to Say.

I'm into Flavor Chasing. And like to run Simple Single Coils verses Dual Coils. Size is Also important. And would rather Refill more often than have a Jumbo atomizer.

So Best for me isn't going to be Best for a Lot of People.

What are you into BrokenLung? And what are things that would be Best for you?

These things. I chase flavor not clouds (but don't like restrictive airflow). I almost always run a single coil setup. 25mm is my preferred size (or larger) to give me a big deck to build on. Ease of build is like just under flavor for me.

For an RTA, whatever really. Something easy to build and fill that won't leak. I have a 25 plus on the way and I am hoping that is the ticket but am a bit afraid it might be a cloud chasers atty.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
These things. I chase flavor not clouds (but don't like restrictive airflow). I almost always run a single coil setup. 25mm is my preferred size (or larger) to give me a big deck to build on. Ease of build is like just under flavor for me.

For an RTA, whatever really. Something easy to build and fill that won't leak. I have a 25 plus on the way and I am hoping that is the ticket but am a bit afraid it might be a cloud chasers atty.

For a Single Coil Flavor RDA, you might check out the NarDa.

$9.35 NarDA Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 316 stainless steel / 22mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Not sure about a good Flavor based Single Coil 25mm RTA? I don't have any.

BrokenLung

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2012
TN
The griffin 25 plus is supposed to be able to do single coil I think (although I doubt its designed for it). Single coil 25mm RTA's and easy to build high flavor RDA's are what im after. I saw the griffin 25 plus has a 3ml, clone? I guess and I know from every RDA I have had in the past, shorter tank = shorter chimney = more flavor. Thinking about picking one up if my griffin is any good.

Oh, right now I am still stuck on the magma. Nothing beats it flavor wise I have found yet (including those tiny little RDAs that were popular for a while)

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
The Narda looks not super easy to build. I build my stuff pretty often, I can always tell a decrease in clean flavor within a few days (temp control helps).

It's kinda like a Lot of RDA's. Once you find the Right Tech, it is relatively Simple.

I have used Others that are Easier to build on. But they Don't have the Dense Flavor that the NarDa has.

petrotech

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2015
indiana
The Narda looks not super easy to build. I build my stuff pretty often, I can always tell a decrease in clean flavor within a few days (temp control helps).

I have that narda, and LOVE it. but like you say, it'd a pain to build sometimes.

I have 2 of these and can't say enough good things about them. great flavor, easy to build, and enough airflow for restricted lung hits.

$26.00 Free Shipping SXK Corolla V1.5 RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer (Corolla V1.5, 22mm, 316 SS + PC, Silver + Green) at m.FastTech.com

I don't do temp control, so I don't know how it behaves with that.

Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread