Status
Not open for further replies.

ReacT

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2014
Mars!
en.wikipedia.org
cookie.png

Imagine a soft cookie like a dough that is just taken from oven and a vanilla cream is topped that is decorated with coconut crumb. Becareful, dont drink it but vape it. ;)

This is my original cookie formula, this can be used as a strong bakery cookie base too. You can just add your favorite flavor to this base to make, kind of cookies as you always imagined, like strawberry :)

• Vanilla Shisha (Inawera) %2 (This is the key for the formula, cannot be replaced.)
  • Cookie (FA) %0.8
  • Coconut (FA) %2
  • Sugar Cookie v2 (CAP) %4
  • Marshmallow (TPA) %1
  • Mix: 70VG.
Steep Time: 10 days.

Marshmallow is there for sweetness and mouth feel, no need to add any sweetener. This recipe goes with any tank as an ADV without overwhelming, perfect for rda and RDTA. Enjoy! ;)

Last edited:

ReacT

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2014
Mars!
en.wikipedia.org
So, I have all of these ingredients...EXCEPT for CAP SCv2. I'm thinking I could substitute Flavor West's Sugar Cookie in combination with their Yellow Cake flavoring, say 2% of each. Any thoughts @react ?

I wouldn't use yellow cake in this case. I recommend %3 sugar cookie fw as a substitute for SCv2 if it is really not possible to get scv2 cap. But I should mention, SC FW is more biscuit type where SCv2 CAP is more dough type. This can highly affect the final taste, as the aim on this formula is to get dough type taste cookie not biscuit. If it is possible, using SCv1 CAP or v2 will be awesome.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
SC FW is more biscuit type where SCv2 CAP is more dough type. This can highly affect the final taste, as the aim on this formula is to get dough type taste cookie not biscuit.

Thanks for the advice! I've heard before that FW SC is a "drier" cookie, so I thought a bit of Yellow Cake might add some moisture. If I try it I'll let you know; otherwise I'll look into getting the Capella stuff.

Reactions: ReacT

ReacT

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2014
Mars!
en.wikipedia.org
I mixed this tonight @60VG, using a workaround (3% FW Sugar Cookie + 1% FW Yellow Cake, instead of the CAP Sugar Cookie). I'll let it steep for 2-3 weeks and then come back to report. It sure smells good!

Looks like going to be a delicious cakey cookie. :) It takes 10 days to steep for the original recipe. I'm staying away from FW yellow cake as it has natural sugar in it which burns and carcinogenic. I got yellow cake from CAP which is a new flavor, I'm going to make some experiments with it for my creamy banana-cake recipe that I'm going to share soon.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
I'm staying away from FW yellow cake as it has natural sugar in it which burns and carcinogenic.

I read that on ELR. I vape with temp control at about 420F, and with only 1% in the mix I think it won't be a big problem. I considered using TFA DX Vanilla Cupcake to add the moistness, but I didn't want to clash with the Shisha Vanilla. Maybe a half-point of TFA Malted Milk could have done the job. I only keep a handful of CAP flavors...I guess maybe I should just break down and grab their Sugar Cookie next time I'm ordering, since it's different enough to be useful.

I got yellow cake from CAP which is a new flavor, I'm going to make some experiments with it for my creamy banana-cake recipe that I'm going to share soon.

Looking forward to it. :)

ReacT

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2014
Mars!
en.wikipedia.org
I guess maybe I should just break down and grab their Sugar Cookie next time I'm ordering, since it's different enough to be useful.

Sugar Cookie CAP is a very tricky flavor. I cannot vape it standalone but when it is mixed with FA cookie %0.8 + shisha vanilla, it turns to a cookie dough that makes me crave for it all the time. The good side of this recipe is, it does not cause vapers tongue if you even vape it 30 days as an ADV due to low amount of flavors but it is flavorful at the end and goes with any tank or RDA. I strongly recommend sugar cookie cap, just for this recipe.

I was working on this recipe for a very long time as any cookie premium juice I have ever vaped was tasted biscuit or dry to me. But this one, oh man, you feel that dough in your mouth and you wanna swallow the steam .... ;)

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
I strongly recommend sugar cookie cap, just for this recipe.

I'll get a small bottle to check on that, right after I try this workaround mix (probably this time next week). I see 25+ recipes using it on ELR that have 1+ up-votes on a 5-star rating, and another 75-or-so where the author, at least, thought them worth 5 stars...so I should be able to find some other uses for it also. One more for the crowded flavor cabinet...make way!

Reactions: ReacT

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
  • Vanilla Shisha (Inawera) %2 (This is the key for the formula, cannot be replaced.)
  • Cookie (FA) %0.8
  • Coconut (FA) %2
  • Sugar Cookie v2 (CAP) %4
  • Marshmallow (TPA) %1
Hi @react
Thanks for sharing your recipe. I have been following your discussion with the others and now I can't wait to try it! I am good with the Vanilla Shisha-INW, Cookie-FA, and Marshmallow-TPA. I am hoping I can sub Sugar Cookie-CAP for the V2 version. Do you think that would be alright and would you suggest any change in percentage?

I also need some help with the coconut. I have several including Coconut-LA, Coconut-TFA, Coconut (White (old ver.))-CAP, DX Coconut Candy-TFA, and Coconut Extra-TFA. As you can see I have a several and would prefer to use one of these if at all possible and not have to add yet another coconut to the inventory. How critical is FA specifically for the coconut? Do you see anything I listed that you think might work?

I know I can (should) experiment and find out for myself but not having a knowledge of what it is supposed to taste like I am hoping you can direct me a little.

Thank you for any help you can offer and thanks again for sharing. :thumbs:

ReacT

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2014
Mars!
en.wikipedia.org
Hi @IDJoel
You're welcome. The only difference between sugar cookie and sugar cookie v2 is acetoin and acetyl propionyl. In fact, normal sugar cookie will give you better taste. You can replace it at the same percentage %4.

FA coconut is more bakery type coconut to me than fruit type. I have tried this recipe with coconut cap and coconut extra tpa in the past and both were not good as FA coconut. Because the aim is to get a mouthful bakery type taste instead of fruits where fa coconut suits best in this recipe.

In this case, I would try Coconut LA as I have used it in the past for my other recipes and I know how it tastes. I would use coconut LA at %2.5 to replace fa coconut and I believe the result will be good. If you like the taste with coconut la, try the original recipe, you will love it with original flavors :)

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Hi @IDJoel
You're welcome. The only difference between sugar cookie and sugar cookie v2 is acetoin and acetyl propionyl. In fact, normal sugar cookie will give you better taste. You can replace it at the same percentage %4.

FA coconut is more bakery type coconut to me than fruit type. I have tried this recipe with coconut cap and coconut extra tpa in the past and both were not good as FA coconut. Because the aim is to get a mouthful bakery type taste instead of fruits where fa coconut suits best in this recipe.

In this case, I would try Coconut LA as I have used it in the past for my other recipes and I know how it tastes. I would use coconut LA at %2.5 to replace fa coconut and I believe the result will be good. If you like the taste with coconut la, try the original recipe, you will love it with original flavors :)
Thank you so much for the detailed reply!! :thumbs:
Your description is perfect! I have found TFA's Coconut Candy to be very much like baker's sweetened, flaked coconut; so I will try two batches. One, as you suggest, with the 2.5% Coconut - LA, and one with 2.5% Coconut Candy - TFA. I will report back with the results.

Thank you again for sharing your recipe, and for the substitution hand-holding, I know how aggravating that can be ("I gave `em the recipe. Why can't they make it!?"). This may be the push for me to bring in one more coconut... :facepalm::D

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
I mixed this tonight @60VG, using a workaround (3% FW Sugar Cookie + 1% FW Yellow Cake, instead of the CAP Sugar Cookie). I'll let it steep for 2-3 weeks and then come back to report. It sure smells good!

@react - I've spent a couple days vaping my workaround mix, and I think it's best described as Pretty Good & Pretty Tasty Cookie. I can taste the excellent doughy synergy, which I ascribe to your prescription for FA Coconut, INW Vanilla Shisha, and TFA Marshmallow. And we should all know FA Cookie is good stuff.

But I think my FW substitutions are counter-productive. I can taste the floral vanilla notes in the FW Sugar Cookie (which kind of pollute the Shisha Vanilla), and both it and FW Yellow Cake are contributing a tiny plastic/wax taste that's a little marring. I've noticed this before with FW flavorings. Fortunately, it's still "Pretty Good" enough to vape up the bottle (I went ahead and did 30mL). And the good news is that I now have the CAP Sugar Cookie V2 for the next batch. :)

I'll be sure to comment again when I make it to your spec.

ReacT

ECF Veteran
Jul 26, 2014
Mars!
en.wikipedia.org
@man00ver
I'm glad you like it. One of the important reason for me about FW flavors is; it does contain natural oil and kind of sugars. When I mix FW flavors at 1.000RPM, the liquid becomes a foam and dense. This is only happening with FW flavors and I do not recommend any FW flavors to vape.

I'm sure your next batch with SCv2 will be awesome :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread