Deeming regs claim a major victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
It's sad to see them go, for sure. There's still a few US companies around. Evolv is still putting out new products.

I'm not sure if their demise is 100% caused by the regs. They made the decision, for better or worse, to not follow market trends and I have to wonder if this may have been a contributing factor.

Last edited:

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
It's sad to see them go, for sure. There's still a few US companies around. Evolv is still putting out new products.

I'm not sure if their demise is 100% caused by the regs. They made the decision, for better or worse, to not follow market trends and I have wonder if this may have been a contributing factor.

I doubt it ... ProVape was not lacking for customers.

Some of us bought multiples of them when we really only needed one ... 40 unnecessary backups later and I'm still vaping the first one I bought used.

This is 100% FDA triggered.

Sent via iPhone

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I doubt it ... ProVape was not lacking for customers.

Some of us bought multiples of them when we really only needed one ... 40 unnecessary backups later and I'm still vaping the first one I bought used.

This is 100% FDA triggered.

Sent via iPhone

I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. While they certainly had their fans and they did make a well built product and had great customer service, it's been quite some time since the name ProVari has been on everyone's lips. You very rarely see Provape mentioned in non-Provari forums.

Last edited:

turbocad6

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2011
brooklyn ny
I kinda agree with ed, they were just so yesterdays news, very few vapors will want to buy a regulated mod that is not temperature controlled and limited to only 20 watts now a days... yes old school fans still exist but the masses have now shifted to the latest greatest which lets face it, they just weren't interested in catering to. don't mean to say they weren't great devices, they were great for what they were, but what they were was just old stagnant technology. vaping has grown at a huge rate and vape technology has too... no matter how much you love them that doesn't change these facts really...

I am also nevertheless sorry to see them go....

Last edited:

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
True to a small degree ed but the regs won't alllow then to stick to their core mission. I know they had a lot more planned and did rush to get a few things finalized. Their temp control is not as polished as they wanted it to be but it works. It is still sad to see them go.

Btw there is a difference between actual trends and forced trends. Sub ohm high watt is still a very small trend no matter how many nuclear mods are pushed out.

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
Regs alone don't explain why they'd close now, with a year and a half left before they would actually have pull their products from the market in the US.

Who knows. Maybe they would have dropped out anyway. Maybe they had a 2 year lease renewal coming up in March. And don't vendors have to submit the application by some earlier date in order to continue through to the 2018 date?

Anyway, I'm sorry they are gone. I was lucky and got a handful of 2.5's when they were on sale. They're just the job for how I vape. They have all the power I need. Plus a high likelihood of lasting for a long time, which is important right now. To me. Maybe there just aren't enough people like me around. Which I've often thought was the problem with the world in general.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Regs alone don't explain why they'd close now, with a year and a half left before they would actually have pull their products from the market in the US.

nobody outside of ProVape knows the answer to this ... it could be related to honouring the one year warranty, maybe they did not want to be selling devices that may need to be repaired 12 months after they sold the last ProVari (the ProVaris from Provarifuel only have a 30 day warranty).

it could also hinge on giving employees a solid head start on finding alternative employment.

It's kind of hard to retain full staff and operate business as usual when they know there is no future.

KODIAK (TM)

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Dead Moose, AK
Underpowered and overpriced. If I had to pick a real reason for their demise in this cloud-belching market, that would be it. That and cheap Chinese labor never helps the U.S.

But when all is said and done... should the "big one" come there won't be anything left but cockroaches and Provari's. That's how well-built they are. Got 5 myself and am thankful to have 'em.

randyith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Underpowered and overpriced. If I had to pick a real reason for their demise in this cloud-belching market, that would be it. That and cheap Chinese labor never helps the U.S.

But when all is said and done... should the "big one" come there won't be anything left but cockroaches and Provari's. That's how well-built they are. Got 5 myself and am thankful to have 'em.

We were a dealer of Provari and feel no other device meets their standards.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
I'm honestly hoping that David is considering the possibility of reopening if the current battles over the regs change things for the better. I know there was more on the drawing board than what was released and one project I know for sure was scrapped due to the regs. It's obvious coil control was in its infancy and rushed out to beat the deadline as well as the 60 watt board. I think they compromised some on their usual routine and that bothered them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LaraC

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2013
Tennessee
I have a lot of ProVari's and a lot of ProVape Radius's, too. I'm very glad I do.

We were a dealer of Provari and feel no other device meets their standards.
Love them!

I'm honestly hoping that David is considering the possibility of reopening if the current battles over the regs change things for the better.
I'm not optimistic that the FDA will really be brought to heel over the deeming regs; but if so, I hope along with you, Ike, that ProVape will reopen some day.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
And I still insist the output voltage signal in their devices is so damn "smooth" you can actually feel it in the vape.

That smooth signal allowed me to use regulated devices without throat irritation and remains the closest thing to direct battery power. No other regulated mod I've tried could match it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread