ecigs at gas stations

Status
Not open for further replies.

kabookie joe

May 21, 2010
texas
i found an ecig close to the kr808d-1 style at a gas station , the carts were about 1/5 longer . i bought a disposable model for $14 with tax . the battery did not last long enough to use the cart up . the kits were $75 including a charger 2 batteries and a 6 pack of carts either a bad tasting tobacco or menthol . any sightings of good ecigs that are not online ?

D103

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
cedar rapids, iowa
Not yet, The gas station by my office just started carrying the "Envy" e-cig kits -
$ 49.99 - two batts, five pre-filled carts and a USB - wall charger and PCC comes in another package deal for $ 24.99. I looked them up online and it doesn't seem like the best e-cig product - also doesn't appear to be compatible with other accessories (not sure of that, it just appears so based on their advertising). But I must admit it is a little heartening to see more and more businesses carrying e-cig products. The more mainstream it gets the better. We still desparately need major, prime-time Media coverage with Fair and Accurate information being discussed about the technology and ample time given to explain the technology and the benefits-to Everyone, not Just smokers!!

Sethari

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2010
Binghamton, NY
I sent my Blu back and ordered a Sidesho. Ever the impatient one, I picked up an Envy starter kit to tide me over while I waited. It came with 1 battery, 1 atomizer, 1 usb character, and 5 pre-filled carts. While the battery charged, I gutted the first cart and replaced the contents with blue foam and some nicer juice. I wasn’t expecting much from it, but I have been pleasantly surprised. The vapor generation has been pretty good and consistent. I can’t speak for the traditional filler, but with the foam it empties the cart. In all, it has pleasantly exceeded my expectations. Now, I’m not saying that anyone should rush out and pick up an Envy. The starter kit runs around $50 and you can get a lot more for your money elsewhere. If you’re not into refilling, the prefilled carts run a ludicrous $10 for 5. However, if you absolutely have to have something right now, the Envy doesn’t seem that bad.

Kristinylea

Oct 16, 2010
Salt Lake City
I bought a 51 duo to go at a Pilot store in Salt Lake City to hold me over until my shipment arrived with my starter kit, and was kind of dissapointed...the vapor was OK but to get anything going it was like trying to suck cement through a straw! Are all PV's this way or should I still be excited for my starter kit (bought from v2cigs.com)? I bought a pack of analogs to keep me until the shipment arrives but ick! I don't even like the taste now that I have vaped. Any info would be great. I did google e-cig in my area and was able to find a couple outlets but that is here in Salt Lake, but its worth a try to see what you can find. Buying online really is my only option when you work 6 days a week like me 12 hr days and live in a town where nothing is open on Sundays :(

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
have yet to see ecigs in a 7-11 in austin tx

I was looking at something for local outlets for someone else a while back and you guys have an ecig shop on 6th street, I believe. Or at least I once found a reference to it in a goog search... I will look again to see if I can find it, for curiosity sake...

Edit: Found it. Whether this is actually a retail outlet or simply an office location, I am not sure.

Austin's ECigs
423 E. 6th Street
Austin, TX 78701
512-905-2338

I have no idea either if the business even exists still, lol. i did see a reference also about ecigs being at Rock a Rola records also though...

Last edited:

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Seems like this is another one in Austin:

Electronic Cigarettes Contact Information

It appears that all of those are likely the same company, as far as i can tell, and it appears likely that they are a supplier and not a retail outlet - as they point out where you can find their products - Rock a Rola records...

Oh well. I am sure they will be available at 7-11's there soon. They carry them here, that I know.

akingsley9000

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2009
Oops :oops: - I looked at the address before posting but I guess i was looking at their "corporate Office location".

However, their FAQ indicates that they do have a store front:

"We are located right here in Austin and you may try out our products for free when you stop by our store. Support local business! Besides, our prices our excellent! There are many manufacturers and suppliers of electronic cigarettes, cigars and pipes. A quick search on the Internet will reveal many places."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread