Condoms and .... Plugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Isn't it time for a terminology change? The other day an old friend of mine asked me about vaping as alternative to smoking, so I walked him through getting a starter kit. Then I told him to visit this site since it is such a great resource of vaping information especially for those that have just started. vaping terms are the first thing that confuse a new vaporer, p/t, p/v, ppc, mod, doubler, drip-tip, wet-box, 901, 510, 808, 401, atty, bridge, etc. etc.

I got a text last night from my buddy....What are condoms? What are .... Plugs? What have you gotten me into? :unsure:

Now I have a pretty healthy sense of humor and it does make one wonder how these terms ever came about. Wouldn't it just be easier to call Cartomizer End Caps, Carto Caps and Cartomizer Battery Plugs, Batt Plugs?

When you are trying to help a new Vaporer out with refilling Cartos and you tell them, " O.K., look through all your old condoms, find one with a .... plug in it and insert that into the hole on the battery end of your Carto", it's difficult at best to get through the conversation without laughing. :laugh:

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Have you ever tried to use the condom where the .... blug goes on the carto? It doesn't work and what a mess.
I don't think renaming them to Cartomizer End Cap and Cartomizer Battery Plug would have helped in this situation either.

"Those who laugh at themselves will never cease to be amused"

We are, after all, a pretty funny bunch of vapers. Why wouldn't we stick with what is a true description instead of something less remembered?

Of course, we could use something else like White Cap that only has a small bump in it or White Cap that has a long pointy thing in it.
Or maybe just nicknames of Stalagtit and Stalagmite (we already get confused on these 2 anyway); Bump and Stalagmite; Smoothie and Pointy. lol

RIMP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Have you ever tried to use the condom where the .... blug goes on the carto? It doesn't work and what a mess.
I don't think renaming them to Cartomizer End Cap and Cartomizer Battery Plug would have helped in this situation either.

We are, after all, a pretty funny bunch of vapers. Why wouldn't we stick with what is a true description instead of something less remembered?

Of course, we could use something else like White Cap that only has a small bump in it or White Cap that has a long pointy thing in it.
Or maybe just nicknames of Stalagtit and Stalagmite (we already get confused on these 2 anyway); Bump and Stalagmite; Smoothie and Pointy. lol

:lol::lol::lol: Suzamme you crack me up:laugh: I vote for smoothie and pointy:p
RIMP:evil:

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol

Ah, I love me some metaphorical comedy. LOLz

Bovinia

Divine Bovine
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2010
South Carolina
Whatever you call it, put a helmet (mouthpiece) on that soldier (atty) and practice safe vape.

Hahaaa! Hubby was filling a carto earlier and he is quite a mess maker, especially after a few cold ones. I told him I was tired of having to wipe his tip for him before putting it back in it's drawer(s) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread