0.25% Brown Sugar (TPA)
2.5% Catalan Cream (FA)
0.25% Liquid Amber (FA)
1.5% Plum (INAWERA)
1% Two Apples (INAWERA)
1% Vanilla Shisha (INAWERA)
0.75% White Peach (FA)
Flavor total: 9.5%

A complex fruit vape, with mellow apricot, juicy apple, rich plum and tangy peach, stewed in a brown-sugar vanilla brandy sauce, and finished with a dollop of citrus-spiced cream.

It's also delicious using Inawera Pear instead of White Peach, together with an added drop of TPA Holiday Spice or FA Cinnamon Ceylon.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
Thanks, @tazzle! The Liquid Amber is a key element, supplying a tiny fermented-cooked taste that transforms it from a fruit salad, and helps to integrate the Brandy into an overall sweet-and-sour effect. I made two 15mL bottles of the final mixes (both W. Peach and spicy Pear versions), steeped them for two weeks, and then blew through them before I knew it! It kept triggering me to take another drag, as the various nice flavors rotated at center stage and supporting roles.

I don't think there are any firm substitutes for the Amber, Catalan Cream, or Plum. I find FA and INW to be reasonable subs for each other on most fruit flavors at like percentages, so I wouldn't hesitate to use INW's Apricot and Peach flavors as straight swaps, and probably a half-point each of FA Stark (Apple) and FA Fuji could do for INW Two Apples. I might test some more with these, just to see.

I'm also planning to do a riff off this with berries, maybe with different cream and booze ingredients....

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
I went to mix a 30mL bottle of this yesterday, and in a moment of inattention I went a bit too heavy on the Two Apples. I decided to recover by bumping it to 1.75% and skipping the White Peach. I must say it still smells wonderful, and I'm tempted to give it an early spin. It will probably be slightly less complex, but I'm a giant apple fan so I'm sure I'll still adore it.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
This does sound delicious! I have most of the ingredients, but will have to sub INW Brandy and Apricot for FA. I got some flavors from Inawera today and one of them is Pink Lady. An apple flavoring with a hint of clove. It might do well in this. Probably I should make 2 bottles then. :)
I think your INW subs will be just fine!

Per Inawerawinkel - "FLAVOUR "PINK LADY". The flavour on a taste and smell of cloves with a hint of apple."
I don't know this flavoring, but I don't think I'd replace the Two Apples with it! It sounds like it's clove-forward, so it might go in as a spice note, maybe 0.25-0.50%...let us know if you experiment!

Reactions: glasseye

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
my current status on this is:

Armenia (Apricot) (FA) - Will use Inawera Apricot
1.5% Brandy (FA) - Will use Inawera Brandy
0.25% Brown Sugar (TPA) - Have!
2.5% Catalan Cream (FA) - Awaiting delivery
0.25% Liquid Amber (FA) - Awaiting delivery
1.5% Plum (INAWERA) - Just Arrived!
1% Two Apples (INAWERA) - Have!
1% Vanilla Shisha (INAWERA) - Have!
0.75% White Peach (FA) - Awaiting delivery

I hope my two subs won't make much of a difference!

I don't have a lot of FA flavors, because until recently it was very difficult for me to source them (which doesn't really make sense, since they are an Italian company, so it seems like it should have been easier to get them in the EU than TFA/TPA, but who knows. Maybe they weren't as aggressive marketing nearby as they were in the US.)

Reactions: dobroeutro

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
Armenia (Apricot) (FA) - Will use Inawera Apricot
1.5% Brandy (FA) - Will use Inawera Brandy
These should be just fine! I'm glad you're getting the FA White Peach, which is really well-suited for this kind of recipe (even though INW Peach is one of my favorite flavorings).

Reactions: tazzle

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
So guess what today was? That's right: VAPE MAIL day!!

Which means I mixed this little jewel up about an hour ago, and I'm vaping it right now, with a glass of wine (yes it's wine o'clock where I live). I know I'm supposed to steep it, but that ain't gonna happen. Tomorrow morning I'll mix up another bottle just to steep. This is nom nom nom already, and I'm *so* anticipating how it's going to be after a nice rest.

Thank you SO much, man00ver, this is absolutely lovely.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
I mixed this little jewel up about an hour ago, and I'm vaping it right now, with a glass of wine (yes it's wine o'clock where I live). I know I'm supposed to steep it, but that ain't gonna happen. Tomorrow morning I'll mix up another bottle just to steep. This is nom nom nom already, and I'm *so* anticipating how it's going to be after a nice rest.

Thank you SO much, man00ver, this is absolutely lovely.
You are very welcome indeed, Tazzle. Thank you for the good review! And it's nice to know it's good right away, too. :)

P.S. I've got it posted on ELR also, if you wouldn't mind rating it, which I'd deeply appreciate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread