Likeness to Gingerbread Ice Cream Sammich

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
@tazzle and everyone — sharing a DiY recipe that a friend and Master Mixer @I'mnotZak mixed for me. Please feel free to make any adjustments to suit your taste. This particular flavor originated out of Belfast.

Gingerbread ICS
Capella Gingerbread 3.5%
Capella Graham Cracker 1.5%
Inawera Biscuit 1%
TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 3%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 2.5%
FA Meringue 0.75%

Recommended steep time: 3 weeks or to suit your taste

Savory ejuices are one of my favorites.

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
@tazzle and everyone — sharing a DiY recipe that a friend and Master Mixer @I'mnotZak mixed for me. Please feel free to make any adjustments to suit your taste. This particular flavor originated out of Belfast.

Gingerbread ICS
Capella Gingerbread 3.5%
Inawera Biscuit 1%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 2.5%
FA Meringue 0.75%

Thank you @NotSoMini, @tazzle, and everyone who posted such kind comments. This mix was still a challenge even though the original (Out of Belfast as mentioned by Mini) listed the flavors without %'s on the bottle. I made about 6 different versions with varying flavor %'s before settling in on the recipe posted on this thread. I also added the FA Meringue to round out the mouthfeel and this flavor was not listed on the original mix. ( I find myself adding FA Meringue @ .50-.75% to just about every bakery recipe that I mix.) The interesting thing is that another ECT friend, @chanelvaps prefers the version below. She likes the throat hit that I think is due to the higher % CAP Gingerbread. As mini mentioned, the mix needs a few weeks to settle and blend. I find it "ginger" heavy when vaped fresh. I also find that the CAP Gingerbread takes on a "ginger ale" taste above 4.5%. I have posted the other version below in the event anyone would like to give it a whirl.

Gingerbread ICS V2
Capella Gingerbread 4.5%
Inawera Biscuit 0.75%
TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 4%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 1.5%

Happy mixing friends!

BTW, I don't consider myself a master mixer by any stretch however, I really enjoy DIY and will gladly accept the very kind compliment!!:)

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
What the Master Chef said is true that I gave him the ingredients minus the percentages. The vendor's website has a tab that says "What's in it?" and when you click on it, it does list the various flavors. This is the first vendor that I am aware of that is forthright in listing all of the ingredients.

Daddy Pig Smoke Juice

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina

Gingerbread ICS
Capella Gingerbread 3.5%
Inawera Biscuit 1%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 2.5%
FA Meringue 0.75%

3 weeks today... :D Just loaded it up & all I can say is WOW, this is so good! If you like gingerbread, you need to make this one! I did make one sub, CAP VBIC instead of TFA... :cool:

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
3 weeks today... :D Just loaded it up & all I can say is WOW, this is so good! If you like gingerbread, you need to make this one! I did make one sub, CAP VBIC instead of TFA... :cool:

I'm really glad you are enjoying the mix! Your 3 week steep matched exactly what @NotSoMini has documented. Did you use the CAP VBIC at the same % as the TFA?

Enjoy!

dobroeutro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2016
North Carolina
OK, I bought the needful Capella stuff (I hope Graham Cracker V2 isn't out of bounds), and will be giving this one a spin shortly (maybe tonight, since I have to wait 3 weeks for it)!

I've used GC v1 & 2 and don't notice a lot of difference... YMMV.

NotSoMini

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2014
OK, I bought the needful Capella stuff (I hope Graham Cracker V2 isn't out of bounds), and will be giving this one a spin shortly (maybe tonight, since I have to wait 3 weeks for it)!

You can always sample it at different intervals as taste is subjective. For myself I found it was subtle after steeping for approximately a week or so.

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
You can always sample it at different intervals as taste is subjective. For myself I found it was subtle after steeping for approximately a week or so.
No worries, I'm only fake-grousing. I've got a pretty long line of new mixes and new-flavor tests to sample, so it may take more than a month before I get to this one anyway. But I DID put it together last night, so it'll be waiting for me!

Thanks for posting it, and thanks to @I'mnotZak for cooking up the clone!

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
No worries, I'm only fake-grousing. I've got a pretty long line of new mixes and new-flavor tests to sample, so it may take more than a month before I get to this one anyway. But I DID put it together last night, so it'll be waiting for me!

Thanks for posting it, and thanks to @I'mnotZak for cooking up the clone!

I hope you like it when you get to it!

man00ver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2014
Braselton, GA, USA
I hope you like it when you get to it!
I took it along on my business trip this week. I meant it to be my morning flavor, but it's really an ADV. I used the original version @NotSoMini posted, very well steeped. Extremely good and it's now on my permanent hit list. Great job!!!

I'mnotZak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I took it along on my business trip this week. I meant it to be my morning flavor, but it's really an ADV. I used the original version @NotSoMini posted, very well steeped. Extremely good and it's now on my permanent hit list. Great job!!!

Well that is beyond outstanding news. Thank you for posting the update and for taking the time to pay a fellow mixer a very high compliment. Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread