Status
Not open for further replies.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Anybody know of any good deals on the icare and coils or the best place to buy them? thanks.
Avail vapor was having a sale on the original ICare-$10.00. I think the sale is still going on. I got my last coils from Sweet-Vapes for $4.99 for a 5 pack.

gt_1955

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
South Australia
Good afternoon ECF'ers ;) Just a short review (mainly initial thoughts) on the new ICare Solo.

I bought this (yes, from my own pension money and therefore an unbiased first look) from a Chinese re-seller who has a presence on this forum, and I paid $13.99US including $2US for "quicker" postage (NL), but it still took 30 days to arrive at home base (8 days of which it was in AusPost's possession).

That aside, the greatest difference between this and the ICare mini is the Solo is a button fire, not suction switched fire like the mini. This also allows you to switch the device on or off, with the standard 5 quick clicks. Other immediately noticeable differences are the form factor, with the Solo being more like a traditional 510 device but wider and flatter, and very similar to the current crop of vape pod devices. Because of this, I have loaded the Solo with 24mg/ml nic salts rather than traditional freebase nic. Filling for me (1.1ml) is easier than the mini, as there are two tank view ports and the max fill line is much easier to see because of this.

The coils remain the same as the normal ICare (which is a good thing) and the vape is very similar. It is primarily a MTL device, although at a pinch you can DL it, but then why would you want to?

Interestingly, if the battery is 3.7V or greater, only 3.7V is supplied to the coil, but under 3.7V battery voltage is supplied, so there must be a buck circuit in there somewhere. To me, this is a good thing as you get a consistent vape for >50% of battery charge life. I know that as soon as I notice any drop off in performance, it'll be on the charger. Speaking of which, it is charged with the normal 'USB to mini USB' cable, and the specs say can be charged at 1A (which means full charge in under 15 minutes).

Initial thoughts are positive, although the stealth factor of the mini is lost somewhat due to the form factor. I'd buy another.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
How much metal is there? I have to admit, one thing prompting me to get the orig icare was due to it not being detected by scanners. I've been in the courthouse a jillion times now and at first I forgot about having this with me (lost it) but now it's intentional. My bags been searched and no one has ever suspected this was an ecig. That's my stealth dream vape. I run into a lot of situations where cigs are ok but ecigs aren't.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
I have my first iCare, the solo and am really enjoying it.

It is a great out and about, KISS device. Don't have to worry about it, cheap, lightweight, small and solid build. Vapes very nice with the 1.1 ohm coil and this device has a nice MTL draw and, of course, the fire button. No leaking or dry hits for me so far.

I got it for $15 free shipping and am going to pick up a couple of more. Also have the standard iCare coming over on the slow boat :)

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Glad to hear you are liking it Toolman, my Solo should be here in a couple days. Where did you get yours from? I got mine at MVS, same price, only I had to pay shipping. I got a couple coils to go with it for now. I don't want to stock up on coils till I know whether or not I'll like it.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Glad to hear you are liking it Toolman, my Solo should be here in a couple days. Where did you get yours from? I got mine at MVS, same price, only I had to pay shipping. I got a couple coils to go with it for now. I don't want to stock up on coils till I know whether or not I'll like it.
Here ya go @oplholik, I meant to put it in the orig post.. doh!

Eleaf iCare Solo Vape Starter Kit

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Reactions: Burnie

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I got my Solo today, and I'm very happy with it. What a difference that button makes for me. Love the size also, nice drop in the shirt pocket size and weight. One of the main complaints I have read about is a loose mouthpiece, don't know how long it will stay that way, but mine is fairly tight. The battery light is easier to see. So, so far, no complaints. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread