Status
Not open for further replies.

kj4lxw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pinellas, FL
I have since gotten past this but thought I'd post and see what others had to say.

Few weeks ago I bought some Humco VG at Walmart to cut some juices. I tried vaping it straight and liked it because of all the vapor, there 0 nic, and it was a nice break from the strong flavors I use.

After about a week or little over I started to notice this little tightness in my chest when I lay down to go to sleep.
First thought was wheezing, but I really couldn't hear a wheez. Its kind of hard to describe, but it was a feeling I had in the past when i smoked. Maybe a very mild shortness of breath.

Got to where it was becoming a concern, so I stopped vaping it, few days later it stopped. So I feel vaping straight VG was the cause.

But I keep wondering what/why it started and if anyone else experienced this.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
How long did you vape the plain VG? I had a similar thing happen that I've been blaming on overindulgence in cinnamon flavors, although I guess conceivably it could be due to an increase in my VG percentage from 33 to 45%.

Maybe because it was 0 everything, you felt free to hit the VG pretty hard and you're paying the price for going crazy...no matter how safe anything is, overdoing it can be problematic, and I would think that would apply to VG, too.

bitey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Central Ohio
I have been vaping 100% VG juice for over a year due to a severe allergic reaction to PG. Please check the symptoms of stopping smoking and see if any of them seem familiar to you. I had some wheezing for a couple of months and excess mucus; however, that phase passed and the only VG related symptom I still seem to have is a drier mouth so I drink more fluids.

I'm not saying that no one has a reaction to VG, but from my experience, many vaping related "symptoms" are related to stopping regular smoking and they do pass with time. That said, if you feel a serious reservation about a liquid, then please don't vape it.

kj4lxw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2010
Pinellas, FL
lawnman3, thanks for the offer, thats really nice of you.

simplesins, I was vaping it for about a week. And agreed, anything done in excess is not good. I wasn't chain vaping, but it wasn't light use either.

bitey, I'm thinking it was the VG as the symptoms went away after stopping it's use.

I get the impression that maybe the VG was too thick? I mean look at the suff you get from the store and compare to VG you get for making e-juice. It is apparent that the VG his thinner. Maybe cutting it with distilled water like lawnman3 has would be a better alternative.

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
There are issues with VG at higher voltages (5v and up) that have been reported. There used to be some very good posts about the issue but I can no longer find them when searching.

Anyway, if you are not vaping HV then you could simply have a VG allergy. As mentioned before, try cutting it with some distilled water or some PG or just cut it out all together...

EATAGM

Sep 24, 2010
Australia
There are issues with VG at higher voltages (5v and up) that have been reported. There used to be some very good posts about the issue but I can no longer find them when searching.

Anyway, if you are not vaping HV then you could simply have a VG allergy. As mentioned before, try cutting it with some distilled water or some PG or just cut it out all together...

hey, what kind of problems are there with vg at hv?

Hi Folks,
I went to Walmart yesterday to get the Humco VG and while there did some research on my droid.
I found that the Humco brand is not vegetable glycerin, only glycerin. And in another thread on ecf a poster complained of nausea and I believe headaches.
I did not buy any of the Humco product, but found some VG at a health food store.

But you might want to check on that brand being right for vaping.

lawnman3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
largo fl
yes ron that is what i found on the net also . that is why i buy the vg allready to go from cignot it is a great mix ready to use if you dont do pg juice ..and i can mix it with all my juice's to create plumes of vapor ..i guess the vapor exhaled is my vise .. not so much the nic content .. i mix my vg juices at 12 mg .. that works great for my taste..

lawnman3...oh did i say cignot is my choice supplyer for all true vg juices with no added art /sweeteners like stevea or numerous others out there .. just a little e/moltol

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
I'm also having some symptoms of a tight chest at night, and also sinus pressure and green snot in the morning. I've been vaping non-stop for the last two days, so I'm going to lay off a bit and see if anything changes. There are also some nasty airborne allergens floating around in the air right now, and I know that a lot of my friends and family have been dealing with a lot of colds/allergies/sinus/respiratory junk, so maybe I've just gotten a touch of that. But, I also know that vaping as much as I have been is probably not good. Anything in excess...

I vape anywhere from 50/50 pg/vg to 90/10 pg/vg. I'll have to ask Don at BWB how he cuts the stuff he sends me so I know if VG is the possible culprit.

BadThad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2010
Cincinnati
I'm also having some symptoms of a tight chest at night, and also sinus pressure and green snot in the morning. I've been vaping non-stop for the last two days, so I'm going to lay off a bit and see if anything changes. There are also some nasty airborne allergens floating around in the air right now, and I know that a lot of my friends and family have been dealing with a lot of colds/allergies/sinus/respiratory junk, so maybe I've just gotten a touch of that. But, I also know that vaping as much as I have been is probably not good. Anything in excess...

I vape anywhere from 50/50 pg/vg to 90/10 pg/vg. I'll have to ask Don at BWB how he cuts the stuff he sends me so I know if VG is the possible culprit.

May I suggest trying out a neti pot? I've been using one twice a day for many years and I rarely ever get sick. It brings complete relief from sinus issues for me. Over the 6 years I've been doing it I've had exactly 2 sinus infections, both of which were very mild and defeated within 2 days without drugs or doctors. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Reactions: Kanger Banger
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread