Searching for Provari Alternative :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
As title says I am searching for an alternative to provari. I really wanted to get a provari but unfortunately it seems they have shut down and I am not able to buy one online. The closest I have seen is Dicodes mods, but I would like to keep my options open and see if there are any others out there that might have a better style or appearance I am looking for. The only requirement I have is that it can go down to at least 0.10 Ohms.

Money is not that much of an issue, but i want quality, and style (of course not over priced stuff is always appreciated) .

Reactions: Katdarling

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
You may want to take a look at the JAC Vapour Series-B DNA75. It's about the size of a Provi Mini but with an 18650 battery. Quality WELL above the price, especially if you are in the US.

Many I know have already bought more than one (after receiving their first). I may too (soon).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
As title says I am searching for an alternative to provari. I really wanted to get a provari but unfortunately it seems they have shut down and I am not able to buy one online. The closest I have seen is Dicodes mods, but I would like to keep my options open and see if there are any others out there that might have a better style or appearance I am looking for. The only requirement I have is that it can go down to at least 0.10 Ohms.

Money is not that much of an issue, but i want quality, and style (of course not over priced stuff is always appreciated) .
Become verified. Provari and almost anything ekse vape related is for sale in the classifieds

Reactions: vapdivrr

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
Smoant products are top notch, built like a tank, and look good doing it. I got the Battlestar which is an awesome mod which is quality built and performs excellent. I couldn't recommend it enough. They also have the Charon which is upgradable if your worried about future compatibility. Or if you are looking for a tube mod the sigelei zmax has always been my favorite over the provari, I still have my first one I bought years ago that works great. I got it based on a thread that was provari vs. zmax and it convinced me to get the sigelei for its superior performance and build quality, not to mention it was price much more competitive. Well I hope this has helped and good luck finding a device that you love.

JuiceJug

ECF Veteran
Feb 23, 2013
Canton,OH
You may want to take a look at the JAC Vapour Series-B DNA75. It's about the size of a Provi Mini but with an 18650 battery. Quality WELL above the price, especially if you are in the US.

Many I know have already bought more than one (after receiving their first). I may too (soon).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Hi DP. How does the Nano vs Jac compare ? Been thinking on another Nano, just not sure yet

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    prov.jpg

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Hi DP. How does the Nano vs Jac compare ? Been thinking on another Nano, just not sure yet

As much as I dig the Nano (and I DO), it simply doesn't compare. At the current "USA Only" special pricing (about $80, door to door), the JAC may well be the best price:quality mod in the game today.

It's SLIGHTLY taller than the VT75n, but noticeably thinner, and weighs exactly the same. The finish is the nicest I've ever held, and the strong battery door magnets (cited as a potential"con") have presented no problems, neither to me nor to @Katdarling .

I guess the only potential con I'd list is the lack of a charging light, but that's meaningless to me. I probably wouldn't have noticed it if it hadn't been pointed out. I never noticed about my SX Mini, nor my VO Dagger, until I started looking for them (because of the JAC reviewers pointing it out).

But like all thing vape, these are matters of opinion (is taste subjective?). ;)

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 25, 2011
    Utopia
    JuiceJug, I'll echo DPL's sentiments.

The Nano (mine are named Fred) is an most wonderful device, and had the Jac not appeared on the scene, I might be writing different words here. I still do use and appreciate the Nano, but top billing goes to the Jac. (Jackie OH! in my case)

It's a remarkable and creative design, and yes, the finish is unlike any other I've held. It's twice baked base layer with a rubber coated top layer, and the battery door has an electroplated finish.

As mentioned, the negatives that have been pointed out by reviews have not seem to appear in my personal experience of this (marvelous) device. I can pull the batt door off rather swiftly and easily, with OUT the use of a fingernail, and I'm not super woman, believe me.

The lack of a charging lite is insignificant to me, as I normally just pop in a fresh batt. I can see how that might be a SLIGHT "thumbs down" to some people, but I'd hardly think of it as a deal breaker.

The large and comfy fire button has a very soft and short throw. I can actually use the Jackie as a squeeze trigger.

Loved the iTazte Provi, too, r777777! Saved that pic!

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Last edited:

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 12, 2014
    I still have plenty of Provari mods, but I am still watchful of a future team member. The Dicodes have always had a good reputation. Even though I have on 26650 batteries, that No.6 just looks like it would be comfortable to hold. Squared-off corners just don't grab me. My four Radii changed my mind on that.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    What about the Dicodes line and the SX MINI especially the older , simple work horses like the S-Class and M-CLass.

View attachment 660951 View attachment 660953

I love my ML but it's larger and (kind of a lot) heavier than either the JAC or VT75n. So preferences definitely come into play. I don't know the OP's, but information is power (as they say).

Quality wise, the SX and JAC are both noticeably better made than the nano. I have the first two on the same level, which is why I recommended the JAC at $80.

Yes, I know that the clear wrap on my nano is beat up. :)

20170529_183728 (Medium).jpg

anavidfan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    Have the DNA boards and modders finally added reverse battery protection?

THats why I went with YIHI years ago. I know myself and just thinking that I could stupidly fry my 200 and up device because of a mistake just scared me off.

I even had a MB Wizard and sold it right away. That plus the finish being so delicate, just did not want to keep it, though it was a beauty. I need looks, longevity and ruggedness.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread