Bench Test Results: Efest 30A 3000mAh 20700...accurately rated, same cell as iJoy/Ampking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    To prevent any confusion with the eGo-type "batteries", I use the term "cell" here to refer to a single 18350, 18650, 20700/21700, 26650, etc.

While the test results are hard data, the conclusions and recommendations I make based on these tests are only my personal opinion based on my criteria for setting a rating. Carefully research any cell you are considering using before purchasing. You are responsible for your safety.

Testing cells at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved and how to minimize them.

If the cell has only one current rating number on it, or if it says "max" then I have to assume that the company is stating that the cell can be discharged at that current level in any way, including continuously.

IMG_5520.JPG IMG_5521.JPG IMG_5522.JPG IMG_5523.JPG

Bottom Line
    This cell has only one rating on the wrap, "Max continuous discharge = 30A" with a larger "30A" above that. I am delighted to say that the rating is accurate. It is also good to see that Efest took off the useless pulse rating that they originally had on an earlier version of the wrap.

I don't know if they'll carry this change in the way they rate their cells over to their 18650's. I will be retesting all of the Efest 18650's in a few weeks. We'll see what happens.

This Efest appears to be the same cell as the iJoy and Ampking 20700's. It uses a plastic top ring insulator though versus the paper insulator on the iJoy and Ampking. This might make a difference to those who often get e-liquid on the battery.

Three of the four Efest's I tested didn't perform quite as well as the iJoy/Ampking cells though. The Efest's ran at a slightly lower voltage and with less capacity. The fourth Efest ran at a slightly lower voltage for a while but had the same capacity as the iJoy and Ampking.

I don't know if the Efests were a slightly lower grade or if there are batch to batch differences for a particular grade of this cell. The differences in performance between these Efests and the iJoy/Ampking are minor though and I don't think they will be noticeable in actual use.

This cell says "IMR 20700" on the wrap but I do not know if it actually uses the same lithium-manganese chemistry used by batteries from the big manufacturers with the IMR model number prefix.

I am rating this Efest at 30A and 3000mAh.

The four cells that were tested were donated by Efest (www.efestpower.com). Thank you!

Continuous-Current Test Results
    IMG_5550.jpg

Pulse-Current Test Results
    IMG_5552.jpg IMG_5551.jpg

Comparison to iJoy and Ampking 20700's
    IMG_5548.jpg

Comments
    • At 10A continuous this cell delivered 2797mAh. This is average performance for a 3000mAh rated cell at 10A so I am rating it at 3000mAh.
    To see how other cells have tested and how hard you can safely push them, check out these links: List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited by a moderator:

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    Wow! And all the new batteries have Mooch etched on them.

Oh, wait... watermarks...

I'm slow, but I get there eventually :)

Thanks for checking 'em, Mooch. Sounds like maybe Efest has been listening to you... isnt this the second set of cells from them with accurate ratungs listed before pulse ratings?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Reactions: DavidOck

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Wow! And all the new batteries have Mooch etched on them.

Oh, wait... watermarks...

I'm slow, but I get there eventually :)

Thanks for checking 'em, Mooch. Sounds like maybe Efest has been listening to you... isnt this the second set of cells from them with accurate ratungs listed before pulse ratings?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

They've had some accurate continuous ratings but this is the first without a bs pulse rating.

Derek Cross

ECF Veteran
    May 16, 2015
    They've had some accurate continuous ratings but this is the first without a bs pulse rating.
    So Mooch, is this cell as well as the Ampking, just a rewrap of the ijoy cell?

I was looking for that Ampking cell for a week now to no avail. Ever since "Big Lou" from "Big Lou East Coast Reviews" gave that cell a "thumps up" in one of his review videos on YouTube (I believe the XXX 20700 mech mod by Vaperz Cloud review) I knew I had to have one. Now Im finding out I should've went directly to the source and grabbed some of those Ijoys?

Thanks for this review Mooch. I almost pulled the trigger on an 8-pack of these from IMR, But decided to wait for your review, and that was 2 days ago. Holy crap your fast! Im just glad you reviewed them so quickly so I didnt waste my money. Id much rather pay the $12 for the authentic, rather than a rewrap of a possibly lower grade and obviously somewhat lower performing cell. Maybe im wrong and it doesn't matter?

Either way im psyched! My XXX 20700 mod is here and now I know the ijoys perform well in a single cell mech! I cant wait to try 'em and get the extra life from a tube mod!

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    So Mooch, is this cell as well as the Ampking, just a rewrap of the ijoy cell?

I was looking for that Ampking cell for a week now to no avail. Ever since "Big Lou" from "Big Lou East Coast Reviews" gave that cell a "thumps up" in one of his review videos on YouTube (I believe the XXX 20700 mech mod by Vaperz Cloud review) I knew I had to have one. Now Im finding out I should've went directly to the source and grabbed some of those Ijoys?

Thanks for this review Mooch. I almost pulled the trigger on an 8-pack of these from IMR, But decided to wait for your review, and that was 2 days ago. Holy crap your fast! Im just glad you reviewed them so quickly so I didnt waste my money. Id much rather pay the $12 for the authentic, rather than a rewrap of a possibly lower grade and obviously somewhat lower performing cell. Maybe im wrong and it doesn't matter?

Either way im psyched! My XXX 20700 mod is here and now I know the ijoys perform well in a single cell mech! I cant wait to try 'em and get the extra life from a tube mod!

There's no iJoy cell.

The iJoy/Ampking/Efest 20700 are all rewraps and all the same cell. I don't know what that cell is yet.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread