ANY Recomendationss for high end RTAS

Status
Not open for further replies.
i quit smoking mid January of this year and I started vaping a Fe w months before that. I have tried other methods to quit, nothing worked before vaping. I love it and I will never go back.

I have found that I love rebuildables. I'm sure like most vapors I keep buying stuff and progressing.

My question is what high end rta's do you recommend?
I also have mainly used single coil 24 awg titanium wire, temp control.

Last edited:

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I have the Freemax RDTA and Combo RDTA( with 8 different decks to choose from plus it can be used as a RDA.) And the Perseus RDTA.

Kylin RTA
Ammit 25
Govad RTA
Steam Crave Arominizer RDTA.

There are a lot of choices just depends on what you want, tank size, 22, 24, 25, 30mm. How large or small of a build deck and whether you want a single deck or a dual with the peek block to use it as a single. Hth

Sent from tomorrow

Reactions: Cf11

Amit Dilip Gole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2017
India
I have made this list (this is actuallly my wish list) haven't started collecting yet [emoji12]

High end RTA
Spica* Spica RTA - Sirius Mods
Skyline* Skyline RTA eSmokeGuru
Tilemahos armed* InTaste
Taifun Gt III mtl
Hussar
E-Phoenix Hurricane mini v2
Cloudone RTA by Cloud mods *
Hurricane mirage
Rose v3
Vapor Giant mini v4 *
Svoemesto kayfun 5
Squape R(s)
By-ka v7 mini *Обслуживаемый атомайзер RTA BY-ka v.7 Full nano set от Vape-systems.ru
Dvarw mtl RTA http://www.khwmods.com/index.php/product/dvarw-mtl-rta/
Pandora pico 2
Erlkonigin
Animodz pitbull & doggystyle *
Quasar made by viscous ant for cosmic innovations

RTA
Sherman mythos 3
Cthulhu mtl *
Ammit 25
Phantom Twins
Envii Artisan *
ShenRay SR V4 RTA (Add mtl nano kit) *
Wotofo Serpent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: tabac

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
I'd generally agree with cf11's & Tonee's lists. With Amit's list I haven't heard of any of them until I hit the last one.

As crazy as this may sound I find I am preferring the Wismec Theorem over any of the RTA's I own and are listed above. Not sure why I like it so much. It gives good cloud & taste but so do the others. It has a so so air flow adjustment but I just lock it at half way and simply leave it there. It only holds about 2 or 3 mls of liquid but since I normally have more than one with me that isn't a concern. It is simple and quick to rewick and the notched 0.20 to 0.25 notched coils work very well and can be dry burned and brushed clean for weeks before needing replacement. A few days ago I got one of the notched coils into my Avocado and was pleased with the results though not so much that it replaced any of my many Theorems.

Almost forgot to mention that Theorems are currently available from Efuntop for $10 each. Maybe that's why I like them. :w00t:

All the one I have bought are 22mm I love the Squape x the best then kayfun 5
I have made this list (this is actuallly my wish list) haven't started collecting yet [emoji12]

High end RTA
Spica* Spica RTA - Sirius Mods
Skyline* Skyline RTA eSmokeGuru
Tilemahos armed* InTaste
Taifun Gt III mtl
Hussar
E-Phoenix Hurricane mini v2
Cloudone RTA by Cloud mods *
Hurricane mirage
Rose v3
Vapor Giant mini v4 *
Svoemesto kayfun 5
Squape R(s)
By-ka v7 mini *Обслуживаемый атомайзер RTA BY-ka v.7 Full nano set от Vape-systems.ru
Dvarw mtl RTA Dvarw MTL RTA – KHW mods
Pandora pico 2
Erlkonigin
Animodz pitbull & doggystyle *
Quasar made by viscous ant for cosmic innovations

RTA
Sherman mythos 3
Cthulhu mtl *
Ammit 25
Phantom Twins
Envii Artisan *
ShenRay SR V4 RTA (Add mtl nano kit) *
Wotofo Serpent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have 2 clones (I try not to buy them. They are the kayfun 5 mini (no original mini) and the taifun gt 3 mini (no original) Both made by SXK. I like the kayfun 5 mini. The jury is still out on the Taifun gt3. I see you have the Squape r in your list. Why not the X series. I loved the Squape X dream so much I also got the X (s) and nano to go with it. It is by far the best made and engineered tank I have tried. Since I am new to the game and I am self taught, I wanted to see others thoughts . I don't know if you have tried the Footoon Aqua v2 I really enjoy this one as well. Those with the kayfun 5 are in the top of my rotation. I am looking for flavor. I have been making my own liquid for about 3 months now. What I like is easy build, easy access to deck and good flavor and of course quality. So far Squape with the locking mech tops the cake. Also they have an extension piece and all parts are interchangeable.

I'd generally agree with cf11's & Tonee's lists. With Amit's list I haven't heard of any of them until I hit the last one.

As crazy as this may sound I find I am preferring the Wismec Theorem over any of the RTA's I own and are listed above. Not sure why I like it so much. It gives good cloud & taste but so do the others. It has a so so air flow adjustment but I just lock it at half way and simply leave it there. It only holds about 2 or 3 mls of liquid but since I normally have more than one with me that isn't a concern. It is simple and quick to rewick and the notched 0.20 to 0.25 notched coils work very well and can be dry burned and brushed clean for weeks before needing replacement. A few days ago I got one of the notched coils into my Avocado and was pleased with the results though not so much that it replaced any of my many Theorems.

Almost forgot to mention that Theorems are currently available from Efuntop for $10 each. Maybe that's why I like them. :w00t:

Thanks I will have to check that out. I got quite a few RTAs and other great deals because of the law change in EU. I am also preparing for the August deadline for the US. I am self sifciant with everything I need, I only have one concern. the high end RTA will last forever. The wire can be bought through a multitude of metal/welding supply stores, the pg/vg can be bought by the drum if needed dirt cheap at a non e-cig related store. The flavor concentrate is used in culinary, so again, I can get it in bulk for cheap with no connection to e-cig. My only concern is the concentrated nicotine liquid. I stocked up on some and I currently have it frozen for a long storage. The place I found it you can get up to 100% pure or 1000mg per ml. What I got is 200 mg per ml (20%). Anybody l know how the laws will affect concentrated nicotine liquid? I can always get it in another country but they may have limitations on their concentrate like EU. The new
TPD Compliance is this - the bottle size is no larger than 10ml and the nic level is 20mg per ml or 2%. That sucks compared with 200/20% I got and I can get stronger if I want to and I can get ip to a 55 gallon drum full, if I am so inclined haha!! For a bargain price of around $5k for pure if I remember correctly.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
You don't state if you prefer single or dual builds, if you do mtl or dl, the type of airflow you prefer, etc.

The number of RTAs out there is pretty crazy.

My preferred duals are Wotofo Conqueror, OBS Crius, and EHPro Billow V3. (and my "baby": the K24 for at home)

Side note... I HIGHLY recommend that you move away from TI and go with SS. (26 and 28 gauge are great)

TI has been found to be much more reactive than first believed to high temperature and TI-oxide can be quite bad.

(And personally, when I did try it out when it started coming out as "the cleaner taste", I just found it to have a metallic taste to it)

Sorry I thought I said most of that

I prefer single coils, can do dual.
I prefer a tight draw so mtl
I'm regards to titanium oxide. From my understanding as a metal worker and what I have researched it is impossible for the wire to reach the tempurtre needed to develop titanium oxide. And to metal taste. I have noticed that with a new coil build. I don't inhale the first 20 or so drags and that flavor goes away forever. I have also tried 316l ni200. The ni200 is to fragile and high resistance for my taste (although resistance really does not matter much with tc) and stainless is ok. But I am open to suggestions

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
You don't state if you prefer single or dual builds, if you do mtl or dl, the type of airflow you prefer, etc.

My preferred duals are Wotofo Conqueror, OBS Crius, and EHPro Billow V3. (and my "baby": the K24 for at home)

Side note... I HIGHLY recommend that you move away from TI and go with SS. (26 and 28 gauge are great)

TI has been found to be much more reactive than first believed to high temperature and TI-oxide can be quite bad.

(And personally, when I did try it out when it started coming out as "the cleaner taste", I just found it to have a metallic taste to it)

Just took a picture of my authentic RTA collection

Last edited:

What is the K24 (your baby?) Any suggestions on coil builds for SS I have 26awg

image.jpeg

I liked this add and it inspired me to buy all but the dripper

image.jpeg
Left to right-
-Squape X (dream)
-Squape X (s)
-Squape X (nano)
Replacement black anodized aluminum ACR amd top cap (also have extension ring (not pictured) that can be added to any of the Squapes, it adds another 2.ml)
-Kayfun 5 (stainless tank)
-footoon Aqua v2
With stainless tank and dripper attachment
-UD Goblin
-UD Goliath V2
-UD IGO-W7
-Serpent Alto Mini (great flavor for inexpensive tank)

Last edited:

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Mother of God, you're already very well covered for tanks! :D

For singles, the Ammit has been getting lots of love in my groups, and old school, the Lemo 2 is a classic.

The Conqueror is the serpent's big brother... while a dual with very good airflow, it's become the favourite at my house as it's so versatile, and there is a "mini" version that might be more your liking.

The K24: $7.78 KENNEDY 24 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel + glass / 24mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

It's tricky to build (3 post and needs to fit the inner glass)

For SS316L, the trick with it is mass... especially with single coils. Not enough wire/mass and the TC isn't going to register well.

And 26G is becoming my favourite, and as far as recommendation, simply try and fit the largest spaced coil on your decks, the Ohms should be from around 0.4 to higher.

Right now, my Conqueror that I have with me, is reading at 0.77ohm (dual) and it's as close to perfection for warmth, thickness of the vapour, perfectly balanced with the airflow....

More and more, as I use TC pretty much all the time, am not a cloud chaser (but can run with most of them easily), I tend to not bother with the ohm range (as long as it's over 0.2ohm) as much as many do. This tank being 0.77, my other one could be 0.4, 0.3, 0.9 and just be adjusting the wattage and Temp, I can get an excellent vape out of them (near identical). I tend to aim for around the 0.4 when I snip my wire and go with what I end up with. :p

I just consider it more important that the coil be well done, spaced well, positioned and properly wicked.

I believe that most times that someone can't get a good experience it's due that they can't get the coil right (hot spots/position/etc.), or can't get the wicking right.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Sorry I thought I said most of that

I prefer single coils, can do dual.
I prefer a tight draw so mtl
I'm regards to titanium oxide. From my understanding as a metal worker and what I have researched it is impossible for the wire to reach the tempurtre needed to develop titanium oxide. And to metal taste. I have noticed that with a new coil build. I don't inhale the first 20 or so drags and that flavor goes away forever. I have also tried 316l ni200. The ni200 is to fragile and high resistance for my taste (although resistance really does not matter much with tc) and stainless is ok. But I am open to suggestions

Yeah, but it's still something that's always "there" should you accidentally dry burn one.

I do use NI200 (30/28/26G) for some builds, but those are my cartridge rebuilds mostly. Since I've been switching to RTAs, I got SS to work well and find that I really don't feed the need to go back to NI.

Heck, I go my wife and daughter with RTAs now and the old cartridge tanks have been "forgotten"... (and guess who's stuck rebuilding all these tanks..:p)

That flavour is probably the "coating" they add to the wire... another reason why I'd rather use a wire that I can heat up if only a bit to burn this layer of oil (or such) off before I wick it.

And while I rarely make a coil that's not "perfect" on the first try (no hot spot), I still prefer to very gently glow them to ensure that they are fine (and balanced as with duals, they need to be).

Mother of God, you're already very well covered for tanks! :D

For singles, the Ammit has been getting lots of love in my groups, and old school, the Lemo 2 is a classic.

The Conqueror is the serpent's big brother... while a dual with very good airflow, it's become the favourite at my house as it's so versatile, and there is a "mini" version that might be more your liking.

The K24: $7.78 KENNEDY 24 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel + glass / 24mm diameter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

It's tricky to build (3 post and needs to fit the inner glass)

For SS316L, the trick with it is mass... especially with single coils. Not enough wire/mass and the TC isn't going to register well.

And 26G is becoming my favourite, and as far as recommendation, simply try and fit the largest spaced coil on your decks, the Ohms should be from around 0.4 to higher.

Right now, my Conqueror that I have with me, is reading at 0.77ohm (dual) and it's as close to perfection for warmth, thickness of the vapour, perfectly balanced with the airflow....

More and more, as I use TC pretty much all the time, am not a cloud chaser (but can run with most of them easily), I tend to not bother with the ohm range (as long as it's over 0.2ohm) as much as many do. This tank being 0.77, my other one could be 0.4, 0.3, 0.9 and just be adjusting the wattage and Temp, I can get an excellent vape out of them (near identical). I tend to aim for around the 0.4 when I snip my wire and go with what I end up with. :p

I just consider it more important that the coil be well done, spaced well, positioned and properly wicked.

I believe that most times that someone can't get a good experience it's due that they can't get the coil right (hot spots/position/etc.), or can't get the wicking right.
I agree completely in regards to the most important thing is a well done and spaced coil for the deck, and the wicking. I have had good luck in that department. I think because i understand what is happening/ what needs to happen and what will cause issues. Thank you so much for the advice on stainless I will give it a shot. I have plenty of wire. I bought a few spools when o first transitioned to RTAs in January. I am very happy with my collecton. I really don't need any More. It would have to really be special to purchase. I am also looking for flavor and not clouds. Since I make my own liquid that is another variable I am working on. I don't know if you have seen the deck on the aqua. It is for single or can be converted to single. I came up with a good method instead of filing the wells with cotton. I will take a picture to show since I'm sure it would come in handy on other decks, pretty easy to do also

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread