Need some suggestions about my setup and gurgling...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkDezyre

Jun 17, 2017
Hi all, just joined and from what i saw, i`m gonna love this place ;)

Started vaping about 2 months ago, switched from 2 packs of Marlboro a day to just vaping and no cigs and it`s great... been using Eleaf Istick Power mod with Aspire Cleito tank and it`s great. but, needed another rig for work and to try other liquids...

Bought:
Smok Alien kit - Alien 220 mod and TFV8 Baby tank
Amigo Riptide Top Fill tank ( bought this because of the metal casing over the glass, afraid of breaking glass while working... )

so i put the baby tank aside and assembled riptide first without any juice or such just to see how it`s put together for future and all that. then took apart and put all together along with the mod.

here are my questions and problems:
- when i tried to prime the amigo coil, it didn`t soak up at all through the small holes on sides, so i just added 2-3 drops from the top straight onto cotton. are those sides not supposed to soak up e-juice on this coil? it soaked up through sides later when i filled the tank and closed the filling gap.

- all was set up and i let it stand for 15-20 minutes before trying out, and when i tried to vape, i got quite a bit of juice in my mouth. ( i had tightened everything when assembling, so i doubt there are leaks! )
took the tank off the mod and blew out all leaked juice in sink. put tank back on mod and fired it up, now, with 2/3 of airway open i get a decent vape, but, with half open ( my prefered set ) i can hear a bit of gurgling or such. no juice in mouth, just the sound, is that ok, or can i fix it?

thanks for help in advance ;)

DarkDezyre

Jun 17, 2017
Does it gurgle if you draw without firing?

Could the "gurgle" just be the juice being vaporized?

That tank may need more airflow to counter the spurting/gurgling.
Is your draw technique similar to the video at 17 seconds?

Cheers
I

just gurgles a bit when i inhale... could be that it is louder... i haven`t heard the gurgling on my other setup.
but as the guy in vid said, this is a louder tank. and yeah, i vape similarly to the video guy... about 2-5 sec inhale length.
maybe i just got used to aspire and this is a different manufacturer...

Reactions: Izan

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
A bit of gurgle isn't that bad, but not really "normal", it means that too much liquid is on the coil and just wicking too much.

But if it's getting into your mouth and the tank actually leaks, then it's a problem...

If the coil is new, if you vape for a little while it might correct itself, if it doesn't you might need to take the tank apart and check all the seals to ensure that they are on right.

Reactions: Tonee N

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
i work as a carpenter, and been afraid of breaking the glass tank i used... so, i looked at what was available, this looked nice, with the metal covering. and i don`t like those that fully cover the tank so that i can`t see how much juice i have left.
Fair enough. :thumb:
In all seriousness though, some designs of coils will require more power than the lower end of the recommended watt range. Often there's some experimentation needed to find the best power.
It certainly wouldn't work down on 15w for example (are they really suggesting this? :eek: ) .. it would barely vape and almost certainly be liable to flooding.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Hi Dark & welcome
It is normal to drip the juice into the end of the coil after screwing it into the base and before assembling the tank. I usually drip until I see the cotton in those side holes become saturated, then I assembly and fill the tank. Then wait 10 to 20 minutes before trying it on a low power setting.

Some coils will wick more juice than others and sitting for any length of time usually ends up with excess juice. With a flooded coil you can always blow through it forcibly while hitting the fire button. It's a good temporary fix as long as it doesn't keep flooding while you're vaping with it.

As Imafallenangel said make sure the seals are effective either end of the coil and that a certain amount of gurgling is not unusual. Try a higher power setting as that often reduces the gurgle.

Oomee

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
UK
ok, thanks a lot... actually, vaping more has lessened the gurgling, but it`s not yet totally gone...

any thoughts on my other question about the the side openings on the coil?

I have a tank with side airholes (bellus), it only gurgles after filling but will persist to gurgle if left.
I just blow it out, a little kitchen roll at the air-intake and a quick sharp blow through driptip gets rid of the juice.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
here are my questions and problems:
- when i tried to prime the amigo coil, it didn`t soak up at all through the small holes on sides, so i just added 2-3 drops from the top straight onto cotton. are those sides not supposed to soak up e-juice on this coil? it soaked up through sides later when i filled the tank and closed the filling gap.
- all was set up and i let it stand for 15-20 minutes before trying out, and when i tried to vape, i got quite a bit of juice in my mouth. ( i had tightened everything when assembling, so i doubt there are leaks! )
took the tank off the mod and blew out all leaked juice in sink. put tank back on mod and fired it up, now, with 2/3 of airway open i get a decent vape, but, with half open ( my prefered set ) i can hear a bit of gurgling or such. no juice in mouth, just the sound, is that ok, or can i fix it?
Welcome and glad you joined.
The information below can help with tank problems.
Might like to read:
Tank Flooding Explained | Learning Center | VaVaVape
Tank type atomizers... For new vapists - how they work | E-Cigarette Forum
Always wondered what causes crackling/popping during vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread