808d threaded ego, looking for a clearomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meeker128

Jun 16, 2017
Vallejo CA
Hi there!

All of my batteries and clearomizers are 808d and I'm trying to avoid buying a new setup. I quit smoking and started with the V2 a few months ago. I have been slowly learning about the volts and ohms, pg and vgs of vaping.
I recently bought a Smoktech 808d eGo Winder VV 1300. I love it (lower volts= less dry hits!) and it was cheap but now I'd like a bigger eGo style clearomizer for it. Right now I'm using it with the Kanger T4 808D-1 Clearomizer.
clear1x1.gif

I am having so much trouble figuring out if the eGo clearomizers, which all say are 510 compatible, will still work with this 808d eGo battery. I saw a post here that asked the same question, but there was no real answer and it was years ago.
I'm looking at the Kanger T2 EgO Clearomizer.
If nobody knows the answer, I may just buy it and see, but I'd rather not waste the time and money. These little t4 clearomizers are working fine but look a little funny on this big battery and don't hold much. Plus, they are disposable and it seems a bit more wasteful than necessary. I'm not ready to "build", but replacing atomizers seems doable.
If someone knows of one that will work, please let me know!

Thank you!
-Amy

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
If you Google 808d to 510 adapter several vendors show up. I've never used one myself but if they work it would give you many options for clearomizers.
This. The only way 808d is compatible with anything 510 threaded (which is virtually EVERYTHING these days...) is with an adapter.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
But that would mean this is completely incompatible with any ego threaded clearomizers out there. There's got to be more to it!
Think of it like back when Betamax and VCR were going for the same market. VCR won. The 510 connection is industry standard these days.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I have adapters for almost everything. I can't remember using eGo clearos on 808 batteries, but I used a lot of 510/808 together.
Sadly, 808 is almost gone forever. In a way it is bad.
In a way it is also good as many of the companies selling 808 cartos and clearos were ripping people off badly.
I remember the Kanger T2, it wasn't necessarily a bad clearo for lower power vaping. I recall spending 3-4 months using these with an original eVic (the tube one).
If you like the T2 and can get supplies, why not spend just a little on two eGo/510 batteries and lay the problems of 808 to rest.
..and as for V2.... yup.... well.... they aren't in it for vaping. It's a massive money machine selling overpriced equipment on the back of some very, very dubious marketing. Funny how often they are the #1 choice on supposedly independent 'review' sites. It really is quite special to convince the world to pay $100 for $35 of hardware.
The company that sold the most overpriced cig-a-like battery EVER in the history of vaping needs to learn some lessons the hard way.

Reactions: Meeker128

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks. I understand now. It's a good battery though, and even cheaper now than a few weeks ago. I imagine the little V2 Ex clone clearomizers will be around long enough for me to take my time in getting sick of this setup.
There not really clones. They all come from the same Kanger (etc.) factories. That's why paying V2 $14.95 for 3 is daylight robbery. I paid about $1.40 each. V2 don't make anything. That's the whole point.
If you can find them of course. I bought e-smart (Kanger) kits for 30% the price of the same with the V2 logo.

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
I have adapters for almost everything. I can't remember using eGo clearos on 808 batteries, but I used a lot of 510/808 together.
Sadly, 808 is almost gone forever. In a way it is bad.
In a way it is also good as many of the companies selling 808 cartos and clearos were ripping people off badly.
I remember the Kanger T2, it wasn't necessarily a bad clearo for lower power vaping. I recall spending 3-4 months using these with an original eVic (the tube one).
If you like the T2 and can get supplies, why not spend just a little on two eGo/510 batteries and lay the problems of 808 to rest.
..and as for V2.... yup.... well.... they aren't in it for vaping. It's a massive money machine selling overpriced equipment on the back of some very, very dubious marketing. Funny how often they are the #1 choice on supposedly independent 'review' sites. It really is quite special to convince the world to pay $100 for $35 of hardware.
The company that sold the most overpriced cig-a-like battery EVER in the history of vaping needs to learn some lessons the hard way.

+1

Reactions: djsvapour

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I am having so much trouble figuring out if the eGo clearomizers, which all say are 510 compatible, will still work with this 808d eGo battery. I saw a post here that asked the same question, but there was no real answer and it was years ago.
Welcome and glad you joined.
If you have figured it out, please ignore.
Not sure of what your asking. The statement "trouble figuring out if the eGo clearomizers, which all say are 510 compatible, will still work with this 808d eGo battery." is hard for me to understand.
Do you mean that the battery is 510 compatible with any 510 tank? This would be true.
The Smok Tech Winder V.V. batteries1300mAh, your battery?: "Works with 510 and EGO gear" (re: Smok Tech Winder Variable Voltage Battery).

Meeker128

Jun 16, 2017
Vallejo CA
Welcome and glad you joined.
If you have figured it out, please ignore.
Not sure of what your asking. The statement "trouble figuring out if the eGo clearomizers, which all say are 510 compatible, will still work with this 808d eGo battery." is hard for me to understand.
Do you mean that the battery is 510 compatible with any 510 tank? This would be true.
The Smok Tech Winder V.V. batteries1300mAh, your battery?: "Works with 510 and EGO gear" (re: Smok Tech Winder Variable Voltage Battery).
Yeah, I figured it out. My battery is a discontinued model that is not compatible with many tanks or clearomizers anymore. That's why it was so cheap. Great battery though, so far anyway. I'm going to buy the equivalent 510 version soon.
Thanks anyway!

Reactions: BrotherBob

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I started with 808/ego types from SmokelessImage and Halocigs. I think they still sell stuff for it.

SI sells an Aspire tank. Halocigs sells the Triton system.

I used the Kanger T2 (top coil with wicks). It uses the ego threads and is almost exactly the same as the Halo Triton. The Triton screws all the way down but the T2 leaves a very slight gap.

Meeker128

Jun 16, 2017
Vallejo CA
I started with 808/ego types from SmokelessImage and Halocigs. I think they still sell stuff for it.

SI sells an Aspire tank. Halocigs sells the Triton system.

I used the Kanger T2 (top coil with wicks). It uses the ego threads and is almost exactly the same as the Halo Triton. The Triton screws all the way down but the T2 leaves a very slight gap.
But they both work with the 808 eGos?

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
But they both work with the 808 eGos?
I really don't have any experience with the smoktech version but both the Smokeless Image Volt X2 and the Halocigs Triton have 808d/ego threading. They both have sections down in the vendor portion of this forum, so you could ask questions there. Or visit their websites.

If you smoktech winder has 808d inside threading and ego outside threading then all of those should be compatible.

Reactions: Meeker128
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread