Are coils with juice economy becoming obsolete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
I'm a little confused. I thought the CLR coils were the RBAs for the Ego one? There is an actual rba that is different? I just picked up a Ego one "mini" with the CLR coils, it's a tiny little stealth for work.

I just looked it up and you are correct. The CLR's are rebuildable, the CL's are not.

Reactions: Cosmic_Glaze

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I agree with all the comments on here that building is much cheaper, even I've started building! Pre made coils be it that but diy an building does save you a lot more money than smoking them stinkies. If I'm working alot I use my Nautilus though & some store bought liquid, simply cos I don't always have the time.

Triton mini, Nautilus mini, Nautilus x, Ego one... All good tanks that consume less than a low strength nicotine sub ohm setup.

For rtas I'd say Kayfun lite but these are just my opinions, find what works for you. I've experimented alot to get the right setup...

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I will be trying the Nautilus x on Saturday, along with a pico. Just looked at the dimensions of the Nx & it is 22mm so it will fit flush :) I think the Nx is severely underrated, I tried my friends & the flavour is definitely on par with other Nautilus tanks. I can't wait to have the Pico/Nautilus x combo, it could quite easily become my main setup :)
I have been experimenting with different setups for months & it's about time I find a perfect setup then I'm not folking out money all the time!

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Vaping can be as simple as opening a pack of smokes, light then crush...simple. If your willing to spend the money, vaping is plug and play but you'll have a mighty rough ride with factory coils and vendor juices. Inconsistent is the key word to those who want to plug and play vape. Its funny how some spend 3-5 bucks on a coil that they hope works, dollar a ml on juice that might taste good. I don't understand that way of thinking. I may have began rebuilding very early but I had no choice but to figure out why it tasted so bad cause I relied almost completely on mail order vape supplies.
I quit smoking overnight with vaping but I didn't have nowhere near the gear that is available today so my journey started with gear that had major quality control issues, cloned gear was surfacing so bait and switch was the norm for some internet vendors and you had to weed through them to get decent gear.
Mail order juice was a full time job cause once the order arrived you had to set up the next order or face the horrific event of running short before the next package showed up and decide from the descriptions then hope the juice doesn't taste like monkey azz....I won't even get into customs hassles.
Coil building is ya cheap but I know that its going to work in my atty, no second guessing or disappointments. It only takes a few minutes to set up a build in a atty so people who don't have time is just a excuse.
I can vape the subohm multiwire builds whenever I want and have no concern about juice consumption, the price of a coil head or running out of either. IMO those who don't rebuild or DIY have no idea on what they are missing out on cause I don't care its your money. The pro's of DIY and rebuilding far..far....far out weigh the cons if there are any?
If you would've read my previous comments you would've seen i MIGHT consider building later down the road but since i basically just started i'm not gonna go the most complicated route,also i'm in the province of quebec which if you didn't know has the most harsh laws on vaping in america currently (or at least in canada for sure) i didn't say building was bad but just like vaping in general it's not for everyone we all have our own taste/expectation,just because something works for you dosen't mean everyone likes the same things,in other words if i was to follow what you said i'd be better off going back to analog i thought the community was a bit better than this instead of helping people seems some like judging others for how they do it...... Personally i don't care what you think i just don't want to keep tools on me at all time for rebuilding that .... my BIGGEST reason i started vaping was to stop smoking if you did it with building good for you but like i said what worked for a person won't necessarely work for everyone. Though tbh if people are gonna be like that i'll just stop vaping all together so i don't argue with closed minded people..... Not here to mess with people just want to share my experience with others how is that so bad that i simply better like buying my coils and using those that works for me and i get plenty of flavor.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
All awesome suggestions but sorry the cubis sucks in my opinion...
The Cubis does indeed suck big time...

..until you realize that the choice of coil is everything. With the MTL 0.6 or 1.0ohm it's a great tank.
With the Clapton (1.5ohm) it is tasteless.
With the DTL coils it becomes an epic milkshake vape of gurgling and vaping doom.

It took me a year to figure this out, by the way. That tank was threatened with total eviction from my vape box more times than I care to remember. I almost needed therapy. :eek:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Relax. Plenty of ppl here don't build, and you have your friend to help you, when you're ready. I think a lot of people are building because they want to be prepared for restrictive laws (which it sounds like you have) and unfortunate events.... So that is mentioned. I think rebuilding might be cool in my future, but I'm just coming off analogues too, and that's frustrating to even think about plus I have a fine motor tremor, not sure how I'd do rebuilding, my husband would probably do it FOR me but he's on day one of quitting without wanting to vape. I don't think today is the day to ask :) For me, I'd love to be mixing, but I know I'm not at that point yet. I have the nautilus 2 and I use 1.8 coils and store-bought juice, I'm super happy with the experience. Good luck, I know the switch can be hard-- I don't think anyone here is trying to pressure you into anything, sometimes the flood of information can be overwhelming though....

Best of luck! Keep vaping, even if you smoke here and there! Believe me, I did for awhile, but I *always* returned to vaping, and my cravings are subsiding. It'll work :)

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread