Eleaf Pico 25 MTL help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyberkiller

Sep 15, 2009
Went from a cheap pen setup to a eleaf istick Pico 25 and so far absolutely hate it.

Running the HW1 Single-Cylinder 0.2ohm Head it came with at 55watts.

There's no drag, too warm and it pops and spits.

I didn't realize the difference between mtl and straight to lung before buying it. Is there anyway to convert this to a mtl and have a drag like my old pen / clearomizer setup or did I waste sixty bucks?

It has the ello tank and can fit tanks upto 25mm

Thanks

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Put your old clearomizer on it.. nothing wrong with the mod its self , it's just a power supply.

Now, the ELLO you have on it.. you can close the airflow so that it comes close to what you are use to. Turn down the power a bit though if you do so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Like stated above, your mod is fine. It's the tank that has to go... it's a lost cause to try to make that a MTL tank..(sry, but true). Try to sell it. You can put a Aspire Nautilus 2 on it with a 1.8ohm coil and you will be puffing away with a tight long draw at under 14 watts. You can find them for $20. The Pico 25 will work with it...

lil_buddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2017
Thanks guys

Until I can get a newer tank, what wattage do I run the old clearomizer at? It's aspire bdc clearomizer 1.8ohm atomizers. I looked the atomizers don't have a wattage range on them.

My old battery had no adjustable settings, so not sure what that was running them at.
try 5-12W

Chris97b

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
Houston
Thanks guys

Until I can get a newer tank, what wattage do I run the old clearomizer at? It's aspire bdc clearomizer 1.8ohm atomizers. I looked the atomizers don't have a wattage range on them.

My old battery had no adjustable settings, so not sure what that was running them at.

Seems to me like you could just start super low and bump it up a couple of watts at a time until it hits like you want it to :)

Reactions: Skold

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Seems to me like you could just start super low and bump it up a couple of watts at a time until it hits like you want it to :)
Yeah I'd start at 5 watts an go up to 12 with a 1.8 an see what the sweet spot is.
I use my Nautilus mini at 13 watts though, betting said clearomiser would be okay up to 14 watts like the nautilus 1.8 ones.

Reactions: bigbob2322

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Put your old clearomizer on the pico till you get a good tank......

If you want to use the Mello Mtl... I suggest some MTL coils for it....the ones it comes with are DL only..... the 1.8ohm clapton Atlantic triton coil does real good... I think there are some MTL options in the EC series of coils also.....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Put your old clearomizer on the pico till you get a good tank......

If you want to use the Mello Mtl... I suggest some MTL coils for it....the ones it comes with are DL only..... the 1.8ohm clapton Atlantic triton coil does real good... I think there are some MTL options in the EC series of coils also.....

I dint know they had 1.8 coils, wouldn't mind some :)

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I dint know they had 1.8 coils, wouldn't mind some :)
Expand your sachets to coil made for the Atlantis or triton tanks.... the coil used in the Mello are common and used in many tanks sold under many names..

When you shop look for head with small air holes in the base pin... those will be more MTL suitable.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Expand your sachets to coil made for the Atlantis or triton tanks.... the coil used in the Mello are common and used in many tanks sold under many names..

When you shop look for head with small air holes in the base pin... those will be more MTL suitable.

Thanks for the info! :)

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Yes to the op. How do you like the baby beast, I have a Alien mod without the beast.
It's a good little tank but smok tanks are too juice thirsty. If I've mixed some juice I don't mind though :) the alien is a good mod, my first had issues but my second one is performing flawlessly & the big screen is great. Feels great in the hand too. Just out of interest what tank/rda etc
.. do you use on yours??

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    It's a good little tank but smok tanks are too juice thirsty. If I've mixed some juice I don't mind though :) the alien is a good mod, my first had issues but my second one is performing flawlessly & the big screen is great. Feels great in the hand too. Just out of interest what tank/rda etc
    .. do you use on yours??
    I use 20170527_124412.jpeg the Digiflavor Siren and it's a juice hog also. Thats the Wismec RX75 next to it with a Doggystyle 2k16.

Skold

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 24, 2016
    I use View attachment 668651 the Digiflavor Siren and it's a juice hog also. Thats the Wismec RX75 next to it with a Doggystyle 2k16.
    Looks good on the alien! I've been considering the rx75. The doggystyle is on my wish list too & I'm tempted to go with that combo. I wanted the jac series b dna 75 but cannot afford to spend that so might go for the rx for an affordable single cell mod :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread