Bench Test Results: EBAT 30A 3000mAh 20700...a genuine 30A battery, same as iJoy/Efest/Ampking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    While the test results are hard data, the conclusions and recommendations I make based on these tests are only my personal opinion based on my criteria for setting a rating. Carefully research any cell you are considering using before purchasing. You are responsible for your safety.

Testing cells at their limits is dangerous and should never, ever, be attempted by anyone who has not thoroughly studied the dangers involved and how to minimize them.

If the cell has only one current rating number on it, or if it says "max" then I have to assume that the company is stating that the cell can be discharged at that current level in any way, including continuously.

IMG_5735.JPG IMG_5736.JPG IMG_5737.JPG IMG_5738.JPG IMG_5740.JPG

Bottom Line
    While this cell lists the true 30A continuous current rating on the wrap it also has a useless “Max Pulse Discharge” rating of 40A on the other side of the wrap. Without knowing the length of the pulses, the time between them, and the criteria used to set the rating (voltage sag? vaping time? temperature?) the rating is useless.

This is a shame as it appears to be the same cell as the iJoy, Ampking, and Efest 20700's. The EBAT uses a plastic top ring insulator though versus the paper insulator on the iJoy and Ampking. This might make a difference to those who often get e-liquid on the battery.

Three of the six EBAT’s I tested didn't perform quite as well as the others though. This same performance variation seems to exist for the cells from all the companies wrapping this 20700. I don’t think these variations would be noticeable while vaping though as they are small at 3.2V and higher.

I am very happy to report that this cell doesn’t say "IMR" anywhere on the wrap. Since these 20700’s do not use the battery chemistry often associated with the “IMR” model number prefix there is no reason to have “IMR” on the wrap like the Efest cell does.

I am rating this EBAT at 30A and 3000mAh.

Six cells were donated by EBAT for the purpose of testing (www.ebatpower.com). Thank you!

Continuous-Current Test Results
    EBAT 30A 3000mAh 20700 CC Tests.jpg

Pulse-Current Test Results
    EBAT 30A 3000mAh 20700 Pulse Tests.jpg EBAT 30A 3000mAh 20700 Pulse Tests ZOOMED.jpg

Comparison of the performance of the six EBAT 20700's
    EBAT 30A 3000mAh 20700 CC Tests 10A capacity check all cells.jpg

Comments
    • At 10A continuous this cell delivered 2837mAh. This is good performance for a 3000mAh rated cell at 10A so I am rating it at 3000mAh.
    • EBAT paid a fee to be moved to the front of the testing queue, which currently has an 8-10 week backlog. This cannot influence my test results as they pay in advance and I don’t care if any company never donates batteries again. My reputation is a lot more important than any battery donation or payment.
    To see how other cells have tested and how hard you can safely push them, check out these links: List of Battery Tests | E-Cigarette Forum

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonee N

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    Nicely done again, Mooch. Thank you.

Btw, what batts are you running in your all day setups these days?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    We don't have that kind of security clearance to know what batteries he uses.[emoji6]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mooch

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: Deleted per OP request

Barkuti

ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2016
    Alhama de Murcia, Spain
    SJvape, if that means you are going 30+A no doubt the answer is Samsung INR21700-30T, although technically speaking it's ≈0.5mm wider. :)
    I prefer to stay on the safe side of things. When a cell ages not only its capacity degrades but also its discharge rate, in a proportional way, namely because of additional voltage sag.

:)

SJvape

Jul 10, 2017
    SJvape, if that means you are going 30+A no doubt the answer is Samsung INR21700-30T, although technically speaking it's ≈0.5mm wider. :)
    I prefer to stay on the safe side of things. When a cell ages not only its capacity degrades but also its discharge rate, in a proportional way, namely because of additional voltage sag.

:)
    Barkuti: thank you, its for the ijoy captain to be precise. Yes i know its regulated, i just require peek performance. Would those batteries you've specified fit in said device?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Barkuti

ECF Veteran
    May 3, 2016
    Alhama de Murcia, Spain
    Oh well SJvape, I don't really know. Certain device manufacturers allow some error margin in the battery compartment, always a wise thing. I do not like tight fitting battery holders, it can mean you're out of league with your next battery pack if you switch to a different cell manufacturer. :confused:
    Email iJoy and specifically ask them if their mod can take the INR21700-30T inside. Report back here in such a case. :)
    As a last resort, a de-tipped 21mm wood drill bit on a drill bench will do the job. Not for bunglers, of course. :shock:

:party:

Last edited:
    Reactions: SJvape

Mooch

Electron Wrangler
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • May 13, 2015
    Barkuti: thank you, its for the ijoy captain to be precise. Yes i know its regulated, i just require peek performance. Would those batteries you've specified fit in said device?

No, the Captain does not fit 21700 batteries. It is a 20700 device. Do not try to drill it out to fit 21700's. Especially since the 30T is not available anywhere.

About the best you can do now is the 30A Ampking/EBAT/Efest/iJoy 20700. They're all the same battery.

Reactions: Tonee N

SJvape

Jul 10, 2017
    No, the Captain does not fit 21700 batteries. It is a 20700 device. Do not try to drill it out to fit 21700's. Especially since the 30T is not available anywhere.

About the best you can do now is the 30A Ampking/EBAT/Efest/iJoy 20700. They're all the same battery.
    Thanks mooch. I appreciate it :)

Reactions: Mooch
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread