Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Gees! There is a polished stainless steel 2.5 (full size) on eBay described as:
"UP FOR SALE IS THE ULTRA RARE CHROME AUTHENTIC RARE AND VERY HARD TO FIND PROVAPE PROVARI IN CHROME BRAND NEW IN THE BOX WITH THE MATCHING EXTENSION SO THAT YOU CAN USE 18650 BATTERY." I'm surprised "haunted" isn't in the description somewhere.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
"UP FOR SALE IS THE ULTRA RARE CHROME AUTHENTIC RARE AND VERY HARD TO FIND PROVAPE PROVARI IN CHROME BRAND NEW IN THE BOX WITH THE MATCHING EXTENSION SO THAT YOU CAN USE 18650 BATTERY." I'm surprised "haunted" isn't in the description somewhere.
It's implied subliminally, and will be inferred upon sight.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

1/2 fast

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
SW Ohio

Wait! An eBay ad that didn't state that whatever was for sale is "vintage"??? Didn't think such a thing existed........:unsure:

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
Super rare. Yup. They only made hundreds of thousands in the last 6-7 years.:rolleyes:

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
Well, I've adapted to using a couple other devices that can buck down decently for my needs and it's been a couple weeks since I used my daily driver 2.5 as I loaned it out. It's been interesting getting used to different features, hand feel and glitches, but nice to know there are other options that can be pretty satisfying.

That said, I find myself "borrowing" my wife's 2.5 regularly. Nothing quite compares and it's still my favorite.

Tomasius74

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2016
Hi guys, I have 2 questions:

1. The Procyon showed a message about having an internal failure just after placing an atty. But I took out the battery and rebooted the device and is working flawlessly. Do you think I should send it to Bill? Any thoughts about what happened?

2. The Procyon is the stainless steel version (brushed not shiny). What do you use to clean it. I've noticed some spots on it, can it be because of hand sweat?

coldgin96

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2012
North of Detroit, way south of Heaven

1. The Procyon showed a message about having an internal failure just after placing an atty. But I took out the battery and rebooted the device and is working flawlessly. Do you think I should send it to Bill? Any thoughts about what happened?

2. The Procyon is the stainless steel version (brushed not shiny). What do you use to clean it. I've noticed some spots on it, can it be because of hand sweat?
1. That happened the very first time I inserted a battery into my Procyon. If ProVape would've been around, I would've emailed them but since they are not, I just figured I'd see what would happen to see if I needed to contact Bill or not. That was at the beginning of June. It has worked flawlessly ever since.

2. No answer.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali

If it works for several battery changes then don't worry about it. As for cleaning the tube, dish soap mostly or a good SS cleaner/polish if needed. Provape used top quality SS so even the saltiest sweat shouldn't stain it.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Hi All, (It has been awhile :yawn:)
I got to D.C. with the election and just came back to AZ. 11-12 hour days was getting old without family around. But, I am doing that here. I tried to retire, but I am just to antsy. I don't even ride the pig much.
Anyway, I updated the programming on my Radii to the 40CC and got some SS316L to try a version of temp control for the first time ever. (yaaa...(whatever)) But, the manual that I have has no instructions for using the new feature. Anyone have a cheat sheet?

Thanks,
Frenchfry

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Hi All, (It has been awhile :yawn:)
I got to D.C. with the election and just came back to AZ. 11-12 hour days was getting old without family around. But, I am doing that here. I tried to retire, but I am just to antsy. I don't even ride the pig much.
Anyway, I updated the programming on my Radii to the 40CC and got some SS316L to try a version of temp control for the first time ever. (yaaa...(whatever)) But, the manual that I have has no instructions for using the new feature. Anyone have a cheat sheet?

Thanks,
Frenchfry

Keep us posted please how you make out. I just updated one too, but didn't load the CC version. I hadn't heard too many success stories with it, so skipped it.

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Thanks! I am using My Kayfun v5 is at 1.1 ohms. The chart seems to show drop-in coils, but SS316L is still SS so I will start at G and work down.

It is only one topper that I am using for the experimenting.

Update...I tried it on the higher letters and all of the numbers...exceeded 40 every time. It is a 60w Radius. I will tinker tonight. Off to work.

Thanks! for the PDF.

FF

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I got a vague reference about the settings from the link above and tinkered with it... It just kept telling me to adjust and between the 9 letter designated categories and the 7 power levels I just kept getting more "try again".

I just rebuilt two toppers with Kanthal. That's how I see it. Provape needs a finer tuning of it. I would call them, but...who would answer.

Kanthal meets my needs. 6 wraps on a 3.0 widget.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I got a vague reference about the settings from the link above and tinkered with it... It just kept telling me to adjust and between the 9 letter designated categories and the 7 power levels I just kept getting more "try again".

I just rebuilt two toppers with Kanthal. That's how I see it. Provape needs a finer tuning of it. I would call them, but...who would answer.

Kanthal meets my needs. 6 wraps on a 3.0 widget.
When they released their method of TC, I just kind of chuckled to myself and said...yeah....no. I'll wait till they figure out something more concrete...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread